[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, a few months back I promised my girlfriend some swordfish,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

So, a few months back I promised my girlfriend some swordfish, just before life sucker-punched our bank account for three months.

Now I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember the promise, and I'm all set to surprise her, but I have zero fucking clue how to cook swordfish steaks.

How does /ck/ cook their swordfish?
>>
>>8576952

It's no different than cooking a steak or a pork chop.

Season it, stick it on a hot grill or a hot skillet. Get a good sear on it, flip it and repeat on the 2nd side.

If it's a thick piece and isn't cooked through yet then move it to a cooler area of the grill (or lower the heat on your pan) and finish it.
>>
>>8576973
Wait, for real? Just cook it like a regular steak?

Isn't fish way more fragile, or am I just too used to cooking salmon filets?

Also, what goes well with it? I see a lot of lemon dishes, but when I think lemon asparagus. Besides Asparagus, what other sides can you think of to compliment it?
>>
>>8577011
>Wait, for real? Just cook it like a regular steak?

Of fucking course.

>>Isn't fish way more fragile, or am I just too used to cooking salmon filets?

Swordfish is a different type of meat than salmon. It's much less fragile. Also, if your fish (any kind) is actually falling apart on you then you are overcooking it.

Lemon pepper is a classic seasoning for many kinds of fish. That would certainly work. As for the sides, steamed veggies would work and that's also super easy.
>>
>>8576973
>>8577035
Cool, I'll do that. Thanks, anon(s)! I'll think of you during the after dinner festivities!
>>
>>8576952
you sound like a caring boyfriend.
>>
good on you OP but I would never eat swordfish after working on a fishing boat.

Those things are full of mercury and fucking parasites that I still have nightmares about jesus christ
>>
>>8577212
>Those things are full of mercury

Totally irrelevant unless you plan on eating swordfish daily.

>>parasites
Which you don't eat.
>>
>>8577212
Isn't mercury something with all fish?
>>
>>8577221
the larger the fish the more mercury is a risk.

But like >>8577219 said, it doesn't matter unless you eat fish very often.
>>
>>8576952

It's one of those 375 for four minutes a side kind of things...
>>
>>8577011
A nice rice pilaf is a good side, or lemon orzo also pairs quite well
>>
Just put it in her mouth; she'll know what to do after that.
>>
>>8577058
Include me in the cumshot
>>
>>8577212
>mercury is bad for you
Stop falling for this factory farm funded propaganda.
>>
>>8578026

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8576973
>>8577035
>>8577611

Thought of you ;)

Thanks again, /ck/. Turned out good. Not worth the obscene amount of money I spent on it, but pretty good.
>>
>>8578026
Do me a favor and drink a couple dozen mercury thermometers.
>>
>>8578895
What was your price per pound? It's not that much more than salmon for me.
>>
>>8579352
nothing would happen, it's inert in the body at worst.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.