[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_0037.png (42KB, 377x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.png
42KB, 377x295px
Happy fucking Valentine's Day edition.
>>
ME DRINK LOT
>>
I've been sat waiting for a bunch of packages from Amazon to arrive for the past day and a half so haven't had the chance to go out and get any booze.
Gonna want to have a drunken crywank into my half eaten box of chocolates later.
>>
Will probably play some BF1 and drink a 26oz a whiskey until I pass out
>>
>>8576281

I'm actually pretty happy today. Don't have to worry about some stupid evening and presents that I really don't care about but get anyway just because if I don't the broad will get pissed. I'm gonna drink some whiskey, make some chicken fajitas and be as happy as I can be.

Everything is not that bad, anons. Just let go of all the bullshit and look forward to whatever might happen, and if something bad happens just remember that at least you're not paralyzed/dead, in prison, or you're married to a cheating whore who won't let you see your kids. Cheers.
>>
>>8576281
im staying sober and eating potatoes
>>
Any if you suffer with gout? I get a flare up randomly about two to three times a year.

Laying in bed now after taking 750mg of Naproxen a few hours ago but it's so fucking saw.

Only thing I can put it down to is too much booze plus being a bit dehydrated over the past 2 days.
>>
>>8576281
/sober/ here
what's the deal with alcohol?
>>
>>8576653
It helps you either understand or ignore your feelings better.
>>
>>8576624
This made me want to drink.
>>
File: 1479760455389.jpg (40KB, 373x374px) Image search: [Google]
1479760455389.jpg
40KB, 373x374px
>>8576653
where people smoke less they need more alcohol and the other way around.
classy drinks however beat every cigarette for me except for sucking on tits.
>>
>>8576660
>helps you understand or ignore your feelings
>helps you ignore and understand your problems
Ftfy
Having a shitty day? Get so drunk you can hear your thoughts over the BUZZ.

Then have everything you blocked out + all the stupid shit you just did drunken haunt you while you try to sleep.
>>
>>8576281
I don't even feel it this year. I was getting horrendously drunk the past 3 valentine's though.
>>
Day 2 of no drinking. Going good so far. I am sure some dumbass will trigger me later today though
>>
>>8576281
Let me tell you something faggots.

Broke up with gf 2 weeks ago, just when I find out I love her and had feelings for a girl after my first love that was 6 years ago.

I pretty much got dumped the same day I found out I love her. Cried 3 days straight, fucking night shift actually saved me from being emotional wreck.

However, you know what? I've never been so happy, because I found out I can love again. And life is fucking great, first time I'm walking around with a smile on my face in years and having little bursts of laughter as I walk. Not because I love her, but because I can feel love.
>>
>>8576752
faggot
>>
>>8576785
love is actually just fear of loneliness
>>
>>8576829
Nah, loneliness is depression. Love is when you feel calm and happy in almost every situation you face.
>>
File: 1342053809958.jpg (47KB, 310x350px) Image search: [Google]
1342053809958.jpg
47KB, 310x350px
>>8576785
Being happy for no reason is one of the biggest signs of a deep-rooted depression, itll make the lows even worse.
>>
>>8576829
>>8576902

Nope, you don't understand. I've been depressed my whole life almost, but this girl has show me I can still love and that's all.

Don't really care about your 'facts', I just know I have never felt so good about life in general and myself :).
>>
>>8576872
I only feel that way when physically with the girl
>>
>>8576902
>>8576908

Lol dude he is completely right. These manic shifts in personality/mood aren't healthy and indicative of the fact that you're still troubled. It's like when you see junkies spend a few days in rehab and start rambling about how they love themselves now and how they love life and how they see the light now etc.. etc.. and then a week later they are back on the dope. Life is shit sometimes. Put your head down and grind it out. You don't have to go from one extreme to another
>>
File: 1485298308806.jpg (71KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
1485298308806.jpg
71KB, 600x574px
>>8576281
>not getting blackout drunk and having a hooker come over

I'm getting my dick wet tonight lads
>>
>>8576938
I know exactly what you mean, because I've been through what you've mentioneda lot of times. But this is different and that's all I really got to say, because I know you will still stick to your end of the story. Don't even know why I argue over internet right now trying to convince somebody into how I feel.
>>
>>8576938
I can't "grind things out. I have to have the feeling of having a purpose and that every day is meaningful. As this thinking requires a lot of notions I often get the feeling of myself being the whole problem. Why do I really need the illness I despise? What is the one real and good notion I can have for the rest of my life and not get distracted? I don't know what is right or wrong and what to do is also not clear. I have a moral and ethical compass problem, because since nothing has meaning I must myself give it to it , which I simply can't. Instead of when suffering.
>>
Wew, just experienced my first alcohol withdrawal related spaghetti spilling fest. At checkout while buying beer and smokes yesterday I started shaking uncontrollably the moment I got to the register. It ruined my night after that. I'm scared it'll happen again when I buy lunch today.
>>
>>8577004
>instead of
Except for when suffering.
>>
>>8577005
I once threw up while queueing up in a corner shop, trying to buy two bottles of vodka at 6 AM. Ran out, shouted "sorry everyone", to the five or so people in the queue, threw up more outside, then knocked over a shitload of stuff when I went back inside. I paid with a card that been cut in half by one of my concerned family members, trying to stop me from buying more drink, which I had glued and taped back together. Some people gave me pitying, sympathetic looks, some people were laughing, a couple were simply face palming. Fell over and could barely get back up while walking home, so sat outdoors downing vodka in the rain, until I was remotely stable on my feet again, so stopped falling over and could stop throwing up.
I miss my gf. I've been in total self destruct mode since 2009, when I lost her.
Brb inhaling butane.
>>
>>8577057
Man, you sound like me. Except I have a girlfriend, though I can't tell if she's driving me to drink or I'm just looking for excuses.
>>
>>8577057
jeez dude

you should try being a standup comedian
>>
kill me
>>
>>8577057
I think the most shameful I pulled was when I was at the cinema and told my girlfriend I had to use the bathroom

And instead of using the bathroom I walked to the car in the rain to down some vodka

Why is vodka always the common drink in these stories?
>>
>>8577112
Cause it's cheap.
>>
Why drinking when you can take a shitload of benzos or SSRIs ? What i mean by that is if you drink to forget / cope with a situation there's better "tools" out there to achieve that.
>>
>>8577125
because alcohol is more available and inexpensive
>>
>>8577125
I've been through opiate withdrawl and I don't want to experience benzo withdrawl
>>
>>8577125
>not using all 3 simultaneously
Benzos + booze is a glorious mix. That's proper blackout serum, with added choking-to-death-on-vomit goodness, and addiction so extreme you'll want to die anyway.
>>
>>8577133
Legitimate argument i guess.
>>8577136
Benzo withdrawl would be pretty fucking tough if you quit cold turkey after a decade of usage. Opiate would be way more brutal than that.
>>8577140
Heh.
>>
>>8577150
Opiate withdrawal is relatively easy. I was on smack for year, I was on codeine for five years, I went cold turkey from both. I went through a couple of weeks of hell both times, but within a week I began to feel much better and it was all downhill from there. Booze is a looot worse, not to mention a lot more dangerous, and benzos can simply get infinitely fucked to the core.
>>
Has anyone here ever tried AA? I've been mostly drunk for about a decade now, but have no idea if I should quit or just go for the gold.
>>
>>8577162

I never did AA. But I did find it very helpful to talk to people (friends and family in my case) when I quit drinking.
>>
>>8577162
Yeah this >>8577169 but I've been to a few meetings

Talking to people really helps so AA is pretty good for that.
>>
>>8577173
I'm just worried it will be an awful cult and I'll wind up having to share my feelings and other horse shit.
>>
i need a life coach
do those exist
>>
>>8577162
Way too much religious stuff for my liking
>>
>>8577184
yeah but why would you waste money on something so stupid
>>
>>8577181
Besides saying your name you literally don't have to say anything if you don't want to. The meetings I've been to consisted of one guy talking about alcoholism, or reading from the big AA book and explaining it, and throughout the whole thing anyone who wants to share will give their stories often sounding like this guy >>8577057

>>8577184
In AA you can have someone be your "sponsor" and they help you with your life and help you to not drink so maybe that counts. It's optional though and it's not like they pick one for you.

>>8577197
Yeah they are pretty heavy on the spiritual stuff
>>
>>8577184
Yeah, Jeremy from Peep Show was one. I'd imagine they all have about that level of professionalism.
>>
>>8577208
Do hearing other stories make you feel less shitty? I've done some fucking awful things on binges.
>>
File: IMG_0038.png (48KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.png
48KB, 500x362px
>>8577184
That's what grils are for. Well, that and delicious, warming, romantic Valentine's Day squelching sessions.
>cry, chug, kil
>>
>>8577211
Yeah it kind of helped knowing I wasn't alone in being a fuckup and doing fucked up stuff. I didn't go to that many meetings though so I never got very involved in the community because I'm taking college classes at night now and would rather spend my weekends with friends.
>>
>>8577218
>tfw your gf sucks at life more than you and gives zero advice
>and you're still alone on valentine's day
>>
I drank half a liter last night, blacked out, woke up on my front porch, went inside and lit up, crashed a few hours later.
Don't know how I'm gunna top that today.
>>
>>8577112
As someone who really only drinks beer because it's a slow and steady way to get drunk and I can gauge my drinking somewhat, the times I've gotten drunk off vodka have been when I'm at my lowest. It's because you can take a shot and bam, you feel it.
>>
>>8577240
My favorite is when you pass out and wake up at 6 and get ready for work and walk outside and realize it's dark out and the clock said PM not AM
Followed by more drinking
>>
Has anyone got any experience with the medications used to make it impossible for you to get drunk? Do they work? And if you take more than youre prescribed, will they get you high?
>>
>>8576872
I would call that feeling calm and happy then. Love is to share.
>>8576902
>>8576938
Absolutely 100% these.
I'm really sorry to be so negative toward your mood, and I want you to be happy regardless of the fact that I don't know you, but just be careful.
>>
>wait for post, pretending to be indifferent
>mild, deluded shadow of lingering, diminishing hope
>tfw no valentines card
>in my entire life
I might get blackout drunk and post myself one tonight.
>>
>>8577351
why would you do that fampai
>>
>>8577351
Wait do people actually get cards from the mail
>>
>>8577364
maybe in 1998
>>
>>8577269
I was prescribed Naltrexone for a while, and it is supposed to discourage you from drinking. It's not like Anabuse where it will make you sick if you drink, but Naltrexone is prescribed to help with cravings.
For me it did nothing and I just drank over it all the time not feeling any differently, but there are some options out there.
>>
>>8577231
What's the most fucked up story you heard? I'm wondering if I can top it.
>>
>>8576785
>first time I'm walking around with a smile on my face in years and having little bursts of laughter as I walk

fucking mentalist
>>
>>8577057
JUST.

Seriously this whole story is fucking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, I mean it.
>>
File: 1436210459001.jpg (22KB, 395x428px) Image search: [Google]
1436210459001.jpg
22KB, 395x428px
Yuropoor here. What's with people who are single and not in a relationship and not in love today? What does this great American tradition have in mind for them on valenteins day? What are they supposed to do? Plz explain.
>>
>>8577471
>What does this great American tradition have in mind for them on valenteins day?

i like how you spelled it valentein, makes it sound jewish which is very appropriate since basically the idea behind it is to get people to spend mooney on shit they dont need
>>
>>8577471
>>8577471
Masturbate and watch a romantic comedy to drink and cry and never admit to it.
>>
I just noticed I have a callous on my index finger from opening beer cans all these years. Holy shit.
>>
>>8577487
JUST
>>
>>8577162
How do people actually do it for this long? I'm barely 3 years in and I feel like I'm going to fucking die every single day. My body hurts all over.
>>
>>8577471
Drink the loneliness away
>>
>>8577493
maybe you should quit ;)
>>
>>8577493
>I'm barely 3 years in and I feel like I'm going to fucking die every single day.

For the same reason why you've ben doing it for 3 years and can't stop despite feeling like that. You will still be doing it in 7 years if you don't quit asap.
>>
>>8577526
>naaah I'll quit next week
>>
>>8576281
Stop being a sad cunt

Anyone got some advice on what to add in rice to make it taste better? Going to make some dumplings and I have a shitload of white rice I need to eat. What should I add to make it taste better?
>>
>>8577536
Salt
>>
>>8577530
Exactly. I'm fairly new to /ck/ and I find these al/ck/ threads threads fascinating, though very depressing. I've drank 'heavily' whilst being unemployed for the last 7 years. over that period It's been roughly 2-4 nights a week drinking, and I mean 15 full sized cans in my house a night etc, staying up till stupid hours like 6am and even worse at times. I get fucking sick of it after 4-5 days in a row and genuinely feel the need to stop,just to try and feel normal again. I have been lifting the whole time so maybe that's why I haven't gone full blown off the rails yet. I can't stand the idea of being fat, never mind slightly chubby. I hate how my life has turned out as it is and feel like I might as well kill myself if I became an alcoholic. It happened to my older brother and my grandad but I honestly can't see it happening to me. I'm already just drinking two nights a week now becauseI'm trying to get any shit job just to get more work experience, and get some money saved up. Might go to night college at the same time and re-do my GCSE's so I can learn something new. No idea what though. Yes, this was my blog and thanks for reading lads.
>>
>>8577536
I love mixing rice and peas. It's called "Risi-pisi". Add some shredded chicken, some mushrooms, asparagus, and some cream, and you have nice "Frikassee".
>>
>>8577595

Shredded chicken? What does that have to do with fricassee?

Do you even know what fricassee means?
>>
>>8577600
sorry for confusing you, I actually meant the German "Hühnerfrikassee", google image it.
>>
>>8576281
hi al/ck/. i've been sober-ish for about three months. by ish i mean i've hit the bottle about 5 nights in that timeframe. for me that's the best i've ever done in the last 6-7 years.

>tfw still nothing but the abyss inside

why be sober?
>>
please convince me to not go buy some liquor right now
>>
>>8577773
Do you want to be really alone tonight?
At least, it hurts less when you have a few drink.
I am drinking right now and thanks to liquor the pain is much easier to deal with.
>>
is drinking a bottle of wine 9-15% alc and not getting drunk a lot?

i've been playin vidya and drinkin this shit like juice.

i used to just slam a cold bottle of vodka every friday and saturday while watching tv.
>>
Drinking alone on Valentine's Day is so stereotypical. Don't do it guys.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 460x613px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 460x613px
This is my second day sober and I am not tempted at all to drink. You faggots jelly?
>>
>>8576281
Happily spending tonight alone at home with a 12-pack of beer, playing PS2 games, listening to podcasts and masturbating. Laughing at the chumps putting on nice clothes to go spend money on an expensive dinner with some bitch that isn't going to fuck him.
>>
>>8578034
No, I'm only happy when I'm drunk
>>
File: 20170214_194428.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170214_194428.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>8578034
Not at all.
>>
Going to cook a linguini with clam sauce tonight and probably split a bottle of wine with my wife. Then go downstairs and drink a six pack after she goes to bed.
>>
>>8578034
See how you feel in a week, staring at a hopeless humanity, unable to communicate and have fun in social environments without the lubricant. It's why AA has some success. Alcoholics find a social environment they can exist in without alcohol. You'll be back.
>>
>>8576281
fuck valentines day

fuck people

fuck this gay ass society

fuck my gay ass office job

fuck the scratch on my car

just fuck everything today

not because it's valentine's day, just because fuck today
>>
starting to get the urge to drink again
even though i just got through withdrawals for the most part
>>
>>8578155
same. i feel great and im not even really all that bored but i really want to drink again
>>
File: IMG_3144.jpg (55KB, 316x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3144.jpg
55KB, 316x480px
Fell off the wagon lol. A month and a half of sobriety gone, thanks Valentine's Day for reminding me I let the greatest thing to ever happen to me leave a month and a half ago. Just sitting here downing a bottle of tequila and a two-liter of ginger ale while watching wrestling. How's everyone else's Tuesday going?
>>
>>8578230
i'm drinking 6 bottles of red wine and watching ippo
>>
>>8578231
I love ippo; I need to rewatch it. What kind of vino, anon?
>>
>>8578231
>6 bottles

Hahahaa man u go hard
>>
My birthday today, wrapping up my 12 shift. Going home to my no-internet studio to drink and unironically play blues. All i have is bombay sapphire gin at home. Wish i had some tanquaray rangpur damn
>>
>>8578263
Develop an unheard guitar style like Derek Trucks and you'll be the next blues star.
>>
>>8578230
Did something big happen in wrestling? Some betrayal?
>>
>>8578290
Last night Kevin Owens betrayed Chris Jericho, which was pretty saddening actually. I'm right now watching Becky Lynch go against Mickie James, and it's fun watching these really really pretty women be this agile.
>>
hey
>>
File: 20170214_210844.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170214_210844.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
Only a true canadian can appreciate sadness with the moose beer.
>>
>>8578309
i love that shit
>>
>>8578309
Pabst Blue Ribbon is my favorite beer
>>
>>8578321
Sleeman and Moosehead are the only healtly diet for canadians.
>>
>>8576785
Doesn't being this happy makes you want to drink?
I know strong feelings, both positive and negative, make me thirsty. It's just so weird to feel happy after all these years of various shit, losing friends and lovers, loneliness and hospitals. It's scary when it happens.
It's like I want to protect myself from strong feelings in the comfortable numbness of inebriety.

>>8576872
>Love is when you feel calm and happy
You sound like a shady guy selling weird powder. It's too good to be true. And you're telling me that's what people who are not depressed live?

>>8576902
>>8576938
>>8577290
>Bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression, is a mental disorder that causes periods of depression and periods of elevated mood.[2][3] The elevated mood is significant and is known as mania.
As long as his mania aren't a regular thing he should be alright.

>>8577471
You're supposed to complain about it on the interwebs while couples don't give a fuck.
>>
>>8577493
Quit right now my dudio, you're in for massive amounts of trouble and suffering at your rate. Please my man, do it for yourself and quit.
>>
>>8577536
Make a thing that's like out of mayonnaise, a bit of tomato paste, garlic powder and sugar sparingly, a bit of paprika. It's like yum yum sauce you get in the jap places or hibachi. Mostly mayo though, and just enough tomato paste to change the color slightly, very lightly add the spices I said until you enjoy the taste, don't overdo the spices.
>>
>>8577554
You're doing well to cut back lad, just stay off the heavy and don't fall into the trap. After that long of a time, you haven't caved yet so don't my bruv and just keep moving forward.
t. American
>>
>>8577647
>why be sober
I know you still sense the abyss but the best reason to be sober is so you don't find out how deep the well goes. It's infinite my man. It can get darker and darker and deeper forever, but not if you choose to stay clean.
>>
>>8578027
le ebbin alien logo website
>>
What to drink to just get drunk fast with?

5'4 120 pounds. thanks
>>
>>8578758
everclear
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
The love of my life expects us to live together for the rest of our lives, 50 years is the expectation.
I lie and tell them of course I'll be there for that long.
I don't expect to last even half that time. I'm 25 right now and have already had pancreatitis and I don't drink every single day like I used to but I still get wasted every week or two. I'm gonna die early and my everything is going to probably commit suicide after I'm dead. I'm a monster
>>
>>8578859
Legit
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASBl4aBTfrI
>>
>>8578309
I always grab an emergency 6er with my 24 when I have to get these
>>
Going through a rough patch between jobs due to moving back to my home state. Drinking is the only thing that keeps the suicidal thoughts quiet.

Reminds me of how I felt when I went to the hospital for these thoughts. Didn't help, but had good food and an excuse to do nothing for a bit. Maybe I'd have to really try this time to get that again. Ah well, too lazy.
>>
>tfw you have a gf that you love but she happens to be out of town for a funeral so instead of being sad on valentines day you're more just annoyed you can't have a nice dinner and fug her so you start drinking early then the only people you can relate to are the alcoholics on a sudanese pottery barn catalog collecting website.
>>
welp drinking again after a whole 3 days of sobriety
not sure my stomach completely healed from the last time but fuck it i just want to black out and go to sleep
>>
my liquor store of choice no longer offers free shipping of my favorite import beer to their closes outlet

i now have to pay for it to get delivered to the closest post office instead for some bumfuck reason

BUT

if i order booze instead they'll get it to the outlet FOR FREE

what do
>>
>>8579063
what the fuck? free shipping? shipping booze to a post office? the fuck do you live?
>>
>>8579077

they used to do free shipping from their main warehouse to their outlets for every item in their inventory that wasn't in store, i'd order import stuff when i felt like buying something more expensive

but now apparently they don't ship the type of beer i want
they'll still ship the booze, but for some reason not the beer. i'll have to pay to get it shipped

makes no goddamn sense
>>
>>8579088
beer probably costs more to ship since it's more volume/weight
>>
>>8579106

well it sure as well worked to their advantage, i ordered twice as many bottles as usual

shipping 4 bottles cost as much as shipping 3, but less than 5

oh well
>>
>>8579114
ah well if you're shipping single bottles of expensive shit it doesn't make much sense unless people are blowing shit tons of cash on high end beers
>>
>>8579116

indeed

think i figured out the problem though

the reason they were charging me money was because their central warehouse was out of stock, so the shipping fee was actually due to outlet --> outlet shipping and not warehouse --> outlet

my inability to stay sober has once again benefited the fermented jews

at least i'll have my beer within 4 days
>>
File: 1463252759521.png (200KB, 241x550px) Image search: [Google]
1463252759521.png
200KB, 241x550px
>>8579121
>the fermented jews
we know them well
>>
>>8576638
what does it feel like? how would i know if i had it?
>>
>>8577773
remember that you'll feel bad tomorrow. you'll feel ok now, maybe. but tomorrow you'll think, 'it wasn't even that fun this time, it's just making me fatter and sicker'. of course, i do that all the time and still end up drinking.

sometimes, i won't drink for like 5 days in a row, and i'll eat right too during that time, and i'll feel awesome by the 5th day. so then i'll drink, and it turns into a week of binging on liquor and shitty food again. been doing that cycle for 2 years now. i hate myself a lot.
>>
>>8579170
yeah i did end up buying alcohol and im fuckered right now lol
can totally relate with the staying sober for a weekish shit tho... always think im acting super healthy and tracking my calories and then i just start pounding alcohol again
>>
>>8579176
wish you hadn't, man :/ try to start a clean week tmrw! and don't tell yourself 'well, i may as well start next monday since it's like wednesday already!' (what i do a lot)

what do you usually drink?
>>
>>8579179
yea i kinda used valentines day as an excuse. and friday is coming up so i have to drink then... maybe ill try to start sobriety on sunday lol.
usually drink alberta premium like all true ontario alcoholics
>>
>>8579193
nice. what do you usually do when you're drinking?
>>
>>8579193
>alberta premium
>like all true ontario alcs
uhh try alberta alcs you fucking impostor
>>
>>8579228
dunno if troll or
>>
>>8579237
couple bucks chepear than R&R so thats what i drink
has our fukkin name on it lad
>>
>>8579241
are you talking about royal reserve? theress like a minimum price on hard liquor in ontario and theyre both $25 something. most people i know stick with alberta premium though.

the *true* bums used to go with kelly's sherry but i think they increased the price so its not the cheapest drunk anymore
>>
i have autism so i always drink the same thing. i drink a pint of smirnoff 100 with sprite zero every other day.
>>
>>8579241
>>8579248
actually nevermind kelly's is still bum alcoholic king. it's $9.95 at 20%
>>
>>8579258

God, I would kill myself if I were a Canadian
>>
>>8579248
yeah R&R is a whole 2-3 bucks mroe expensive than alberta premium. yet they have plastic 40s while AP has glass 40s. doesnt make much sense but plastic makes less noise than glass

>>8579263
kek
i would kill myself with drinking if i were american
hard liquor here goes about 1CAD an oz
>>
i pay 8.99 for a pint of 100 proof vodka and it's not even the worst one. gets me fucked up wvey time lad
>>
>>8579266

I am killing myself with drinking, that is true.
But I feel like I wouldn't drink any less if it cost more, I'd just hurt my wallet more.

....I fucking miss being <21
>>
>>8579266
>i would kill myself with drinking if i were american

fucking this
my friend was in georgia recently and was telling me how cheap alcohol was

how do you guys stay alive.

at least the ontario prices keep me in check kinda
>>
>>8579274
>how do you guys stay alive.

with our free healthcare
wait no, that's you guys, shit
>>
>>8579269
>But I feel like I wouldn't drink any less if it cost more, I'd just hurt my wallet more.
meh, you still pass out at kinda the same rate
>>
>>8579282

I probably woulda just gotten really into homebrew shit
>>
IM NEVER DRINKING AGAIN
>>
File: IMG_0039.jpg (30KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
30KB, 450x299px
>>8579287
>>
File: IMG_2080.jpg (66KB, 374x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2080.jpg
66KB, 374x470px
>>8579287
>>
>>8579287
thats what i said after i tried to make out with my cousin but youd be surprised
>>
File: drinking healing.jpg (386KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
drinking healing.jpg
386KB, 1127x1600px
Do you guys have any recommended drinks? I can spend a good 40 minutes walking around the liquor store and have no fucking clue what to get.
>>
File: 1457707738161.jpg (59KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457707738161.jpg
59KB, 338x450px
>>8578881
dude... don't think so highly of yourself
>>
>>8579408
The fuck does that mean you nigger?
>>
>>8579453
she'll fuck you up and leave with your money and some loveboy long before you die.

Or not so long if you're a suicidal type.
>>
>>8578729
Cheers. I used to drink rum and other heavy stuff on my 3rd of 4th drink in a row because the beer doesn't do much after a few days. I've never really been tempted to drink everyday so I'm pretty sure I'm safe Thanks ameribro.
>>
>>8579395
Beer, pick a few random things.
Liqueur.
Juice or soda for mixing with liqueur.
>>
>>8579559
>I used to drink rum and other heavy stuff on my 3rd of 4th drink in a row

I meant on my 3rd of 4th night in a row
>>
Day 3 of sobriety. You pathetic losers jelly?
>>
>>8579453
That you're not THAT important. She would move on after time and meet someone else, obviously.
>>
Anyone enjoy smoking weed after a couple of drinks? The combination is like ambrosia for me but now I can't enjoy either fully on their own.

>>8579577
Had reached 10 days last month, was then drinking for 1 days again. On day 4 now... pulled an allnighter between day 2 and 3 to be able to sleep. Feeling pretty good and active, no desire to drink whatsoever though having beer and wine in the house. Kind of worried though that I will relapse.
>>
20 days. Longest I've managed in 18 years, and only the second time in my adult life I've managed more than a week.
Holy shit I'm tired, bored and suddenly apparently old as fuck, but with no memory of the last few decades. Alcohol stole muh life.
>>
Is it possible to bring your tolerance down to what it once was? I remember when 4 beers and a smoke was enough to put me to sleep.
>>
>>8579466
>>8579578
>implying that I would hook up with the female Jew
I'm a faggot and men are actually faithful
>>
Is it possible to have had pancreatitis and not know? Or is it something where the symptoms are alarmingly obvious? I'm paranoid.

I'd kind of like to know but I'm also terrified to find out at what the effects are that I've inflicted on my body over the past 6 years. I'm at a point now where I've cut back immensely and have no desire to start again.

Anyone have experience in like health supplements and things like that? I know "detoxing" is generally bullshit but I'm looking to do anything to be as healthy as possible. I've been doing research and started taking milk thistle supplements, to start.
>>
OK so Ive been an alck for 3 years. I decided to stop step by step. Problem is, Im reaching a point where its extremely hard to lower my intake.

So my question is: at one point Ill go cold turkey, but I wanna do it safely: from how many units of alcohol can U go cold turkey without dt and shit?
>>
>>8580159
>Is it possible to have had pancreatitis and not know?
Yup. It was 6 months before I got a diagnosis for pancolitis. I thought I just had stomach ache.
Google "Specific carbohydrate diet" and "GAPS diet". Saved me from surgery, I've been symptom free of a supposedly incurable disease, which conventional medicine says can't be treated by diet, for something like 16 years. I was told Id need surgery after six months upon diagnosis.
As for supplements, the gaps diet recommend loads of them, primarily extremely high quality probiotic supplements, fish oils, EPA oils, vitamins, minerals, Digestive enzymes... Allsorts. They cost a fortune so I haven't taken them for years, but while they do help, DESU the diet alone is enough to achieve remission for me. Recommended as fuck for intestinal issues and general health.
>>
>>8580200
I went to an NHS-run alcohol management course, they recommended a reduction of 2 to 3 units every 2 to 3 days. No guarantee that you won't still get DTs, but without going into hospital that's about as safe as you're going to get.
Benzos help a LOT. If you can get hold of a weeks worth (don't take more than that for youll addicted to something worse than alcohol) you find it 1000 times easier.
>>
>>8580223
OK thanks.

Im also addicted to benzos (and codéine), which means im pretty fucked but ive benzos as needed
>>
To the people that are dangerously alcoholic and want to quit - why not taper off with weed? It isn't the same level of nonsobriety but potheads are infinitely more functional than alcoholics, it just isn't legal everywhere.
>>
>>8580240
Not that weed will do anything for alcohol withdrawals, but in the long term it could be a placeholder for the "not being sober" aspect of drinking.
>>
>>8580240
I get paranoid with weed, and I still need the same quantity of alcohol in order to sleep
>>
>>8580245
gotta love people who hate alcoholics but smoke weed every day
>>
>>8580240
>why not taper off with weed?
Because it isn't the same drug. Do you know how addiction works?

>>8580200
>from how many units of alcohol can U go cold turkey without dt and shit?
Depends on the nature of your drinking, i.e. how long you've been drinking, your weight, the most you've drank, how recently that was, do you drink during the day etc.

As a rule of thumb I wouldn't recommend cold turkey after more than 15 UK units or 8 standard US drinks. But that additional info would be useful.

>>8580223
>one unit a day
That's the slowest detoxing I've ever heard of, most doctors recommend 2 standard drinks or 3 and a half units per day.
>>
>>8580155
>gay men
>faithful
Pick one faggot, gay men are the biggest sluts in the world.
>>
>>8580032
Yes. Figure out a way to go sober for at least a month.

Diet helps too since shedding pounds can help that tolerance.

I knew a guy who cut out booze for months, lost a ton of weight, and actually got a hangover from a 12 pack again.
>>
>>8580223
Tapering worked for me.

Do a rough estimate of how many units you drink a day and start there.

Lets say you drink roughly 12-20 beers a day, drink around 12 beers over 12 hours the first day.

next day go down from there aka 10 in 10 hours.

Your brain will slowly normalize without going full cold turkey. Sleep will still be fucked for a bit but it'll come back in time.
>>
Why do single people get sad about Valentine's Day?

Do you know how awful relationships are? If I were single right now, I would be happy as a clam to not have to buy chocolates and flowers and fuck the same old piece of ass I've been arguing with for the last few years.

You foreveralone betafags and lonely losers have no idea how good you have it. No idea.
>>
>>8580298
You sound bitter. Maybe try drinking your troubles away. Oh wait..
>>
>>8580240
>>8580245
Speaking from one experience with weed, I really hated it. And this is coming from someone who loves liquor more than anything else, more than my own son. I just didn't like the way weed made me feel.

Plus, knowing I could get arrested for buying it or holding it or smoking it isn't exactly an upside of the stuff. I don't think it should be illegal, but it is anyway.
>>
>>8576281
Happy late Valentines!

Yesterday I had dinner with a friend, stir fried some fish and vegetables in cooking butter and added some soy sauce before it was done. It tasted good.
>>
>>8580610
Oh and whiskey. I forgot that part, that was important.

I'm drinking a lot more whiskey these days. I think it was Red Label, it's decent, though I wish I could get a whiskey sour around here.
>>
>>8580616
Whiskey sour is one of the easiest drinks to make yourself. It's literally just sugar, lemon juice and whiskey. You can't figure that out?
>>
>>8580610
I read her emails from years ago, started crying like a 6yo, and ate stale crisps and half a pack of haribo strawbs while inhaling lighter gas from a moist/mouldy Lidl carrier bag.
>>
I am in deep pain but I can't afford to be an alcoholic
>>
>>8580721
This is actually a blessing
>>
>>8579990
I'm 27 and have been drinking hard for 9 years. It finally hit me this year how quickly time flies, like in that kind of real world way you always hear about when you're younger. The clock really seems like it speeds up, it's crazy.
I look at last year, and there was this 9 month period that just seemed to pass like it was nothing.
>>
I get so fucking agitated in the afternoon at work.

I'm sober 4 months so it's not alcohol

Maybe it's paws

I just can't goddamn stand being stuck at the office past 3 PM for some reason, my patience just disappears and I become filled with rage
>>
>>8581036
Sounds like a normal thing. I work at an ad agency, and everyone is constantly pissed, overworked and generally ready to quit by 3-4 too.

Maybe consider a new position. New environment might do you good.
>>
>>8581048
thanks man

Yeah I am fielding some interviews for different work

I just can't handle the inanely detailed paperwork after like 5 hours of that shit

Or the phone calls
>>
I have bottles of liquor and delicious craft beer surrounding me at this very moment. I am not even tempted to drink it. You faggots jelly?
>>
>>8581064
Kinda
>>
>>8581067
Furthermore, I am going to get a great night of quality sleep tonight with several deep regenerative REM cycles - something you peasants have had in decades. I'll wake up feeling refreshed and without any emotions of sorrow, regret, or anxiety.
>>
>>8581079
whats your secret
>>
>>8579990
Keep it up, we are all with you.
You are our hero.
We've all waster years being alcohols. It's not easy starting a new life as a normie, but apparently it's possible.

>>8580639
>while inhaling lighter gas from a moist/mouldy Lidl carrier bag.
Are you confusing lighter gas and nitrous oxide from syphon cartridges?

>>8581079
>without any emotions of sorrow, regret, or anxiety.
I can do without any emotions at all when drunk enough.
>>
someone was getting arrested in front of the liquor store when i went kek
>>
trying not to drink as much as i did over the last 2+ years (almost every 2-3 days, until blackout drunk)

almost made it over 7 days sober, side effect now is i sleep a lot (like 10-12 hrs)

is this normal?
>>
>>8581657
Holy fuck dude I wish I could sleep that long.
Reminds me of a decade ago when I slept for like 12 hours every day during summer in high school.
>>
>>8578149
Society really is pretty gay.
>>
>>8581657
normal is probably 8-10
depends how much physical activity you do and if you have an alarm
generally your body knows how long to sleep, it's you/drugs that fuck it up
>>
>>8581657
Varies from person to person. Some people run great off 4 hours of sleep, others will sleep for 14 hours if you let them.
>>
>>8581661
I never understood this about people that drink. Whenever I get hammered, I have this really harsh wake up usually within 5-6 hours where I have heartburn, tremendous anxiety, headache, dehydrated, etc.... it's almost a weird panic mini-heart attack type of experience. Like being woken up by an alarm clock. I've never had the ability to just "sleep in" or "sleep off" a hangover. It wakes me up
>>
>>8581820
I actually have that too, but i meant that in >>8581657 that i tried stopping getting hammered and now sleep for a very long time
>>
>>8581820
Yeah that's how it works. Alcohol becomes bad for your sleep the more you use it. The thing is though if I were to stop drinking like I am I would be awake for days.
>>8582188
This is actually what strikes me as odd. If you've been getting actually hammered for a long time I don't understand how you can sleep this long having just stopped.
>>
wonder if my phone with my phome knew how drunk i was
>>
>>8580255
The two are really, really not the same - especially in terms of harm to your own health/the health of others, as well as addictive quality. You can't get safer than weed when it comes to drugs...and this coming from someone who has had an alcohol problem for a number of years, so I certainly can't look down on anyone who drinks.
>>
>>8582463
yes hence why i said somewhere weed is safer than alcohol
but i will never not hate people who hate substance > substance
at the end of the day they're all addicts
>>
Has anyone seen this community of people?
It's just a bunch of people on youtube who drink malt liquor every day in ski masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP2DpM2ZdnA
>>
>>8577004
what you are comitting to is called philosophical suicide. you are right in the assumption that nothing has meaning. but instead of trying to give yourself a meaning just accept it and live every moment to its fullest. experience life in every shape and form. if you always remember that there is no making sense of our being than you shouldnt be troubled by any occurence in your life despite of others interpreting it as "good" or "bad"
>>
whelp lasted 7 days sober, just took 8 drinks of vodka in 3hrs .... damn it all
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (42KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
42KB, 500x385px
Is there anyone here who actually believes they will ever stop? Without death being involved I mean. If you can't stop now, why should it be any different in the future?
>>
>>8583177
stop drinking completely? no, I don't think that will ever happen. I've cut back to just on the weekends and I'm ok with that I just wish I could control myself
Even now on the weekends I go overboard and get completely shitfaced and sometimes it rolls over into the next day. Just wish I could sit down and have a few drinks like normal people do but I dont think thats ever going to happen
>>
>>8576281
Valentines day is fake holiday invented because there was very slow selling period of time between Christmas and Easters. Enjoy being jewed out by marketing scumbags.

They ruined Christmas, but it was not enough you need to give them more money.
>>
>>8582431
You still are.

>>8583177
(Almost) sober for a year now, and even one beer can make me shit oil for a week or two, due to my pancreas being shit after years of abuse.
It took me a while to realise I had to completely stop, and to believe I could do it.
>>
>>8582762
YouTube has always had a huge 40 oz. community dating back as early as 2008. It's just a bunch of redneck bros filming themselves drinking 40s. I used to really enjoy watching it back in the day

They even had 'crews'. Like MLU crew (Malt Liquor United) or 40 Oz. Crew
>>
>>8583091
I know that feel. Fucking sucks man and it's like you already feel the guilt creeping in as you do it. To the point that it's not even "fun" anymore
>>
File: IMG_0051.gif (51KB, 624x723px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.gif
51KB, 624x723px
Threadly reminder that the alcohol industry is cucking us.
>>
>tfw pissing and shitting your pants and people telling you to stop drving to the liquor store yet you still do
grim
>>
>>8583906
Eh, not really. It makes me feel glad knowing that the most effective drug is affordable and legal.
>>
>>8584461
Most effective? At what? Carolyn is massively better moving inhibitions and anxieties, cocaine is a much better party drug and so is crack, today's cannabis especially extracts will blow your fucking head off, benzos or some for relaxing, butane probably has a stronger high than anything else on that list, ecstasy is superlative for sex, LSD can completely change your outlook on life and help you out of depression/the rot of your rut... all useful, enjoyable tools under certain circumstances, yet the most damaging of the lot is the only one which is legal, thanks to alcohol corporations donating shit loads of money to politicians, and Alcohol lobbyist groups spreading nonsensical, scientifically disproven propaganda to make more profit, at the cost of society and the lives/Sanity of alcoholics and their friends and families. Evil af.
>>
>>8580620
I tried to make one myself but it came out shitty.

>>8580639
Keep at it man. It gets easier.
>>
>>8584344
When I lived alone in New Orleans, I used to spend every weekend drunk. When I ran out of booze, I would drive to the liquor store or to the Wal-Mart to get more. Usually I didn't even remember making those drives to the store.

Rock bottom for me was getting frostbite on my arms while standing in line drunk at a Wal-Mart. I was holding a bag of frozen chicken in my arms for about 30 minutes before I realized that I was waiting in line at a closed cash register and no one knew what I was even doing, so none of the employees tried to help me.

That same weekend, the air conditioner in my apartment broke and the repair guy showed up to take care of it. All I remember about that was that I had a giant pitcher of Bloody Mary in front of me and I was drinking from it directly while he was inside my place fiddling around with the A/C unit.
Then I blacked out some time on Friday night and don't remember anything until Monday morning, when I woke up soaked in my own piss and rolled out of bed and drove to work still drunk and damp.

I've still got a big spot on my arm that was permanently damaged from the frostbite and I still drink, just not as much. :)
>>
File: 1485921078686.jpg (19KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485921078686.jpg
19KB, 704x400px
It's been a couple days without a drink and I'm seriously thinking about trying to down some cooking wine
>>
>>8584483
>Carolyn
*heroin

My voice recognition software is playing up. Cbf to correct the whole post, Think it's just about legible.
>>
>>8584502
What's your favorite episode of the joe rogan podcast?
>>
>>8584496
Kinda surprises me how many people say in these threads that they've gone two, three, four days without a drink, but don't seem to be complaining of DTs. Doesn't that shit knock you out? Day three for me is always hellish. I normally can't tell the difference between hallucination and reality on days 3 to 5.
>>
>>8584518
Most of the posters here aren't physically addicted, just weak-minded individuals who get bored or irritable without a drink.
>>
>>8584517
I've never listened to once I'm pretty sure I've missed an inside joke there.
I don't want to use any of those drugs by the way, I want to be sober, although I would like cannabis to be available legally when the cravings for alcohol become overwhelming. Lots of drugs have helped me in various ways in the past, and even though I don't want them anymore,I think they should be available to others who are struggling. The fact that even psychiatrists can't use LSD to treat patients in a safe, controlled environment is mindbogglingly retarded.
>>
>>8584542
It's not an inside joke, I just asked because you strike me as the some sort of pseudo-intellectual degenerate who thinks it's cool to know a lot about the "practical uses" of drugs
>>
>>8584522
Guess so. Lucky them. Once you're physically addicted, that's when the real fun begins.
Now 20-something days sober. Took months of tapering and three hospital inpatient visits to get this far. Wonder how long I'll manage before inevitably fucking things up and finding myself throwing up in a jail cell again. Can't wait.
>>
>>8584553
I went through the DTs once and actually made the decision to never go sober again. It's just not worth it.
And every time you go sober, then relapse, then try to get sober again, it only gets worse.
>>
>>8584548
You sound angry for some reason. I've just spent my life using this stuff near enough every day,normally in an attempt to escape alcohol, and Ive found some of them, especially LSD and cannabis to be legitimately helpful. If you know better, do tell.
>>
>>8584562
Yeah, I've heard it gets worse with every attempt. I haven't been sober for this long for decades, so hopefully this time Itll stick.
But I doubt it.
>>
How do you guys control your impulses?

I drink so much because I'm a compulsive liar, binge eater, serial cheater and overall just bad at ignoring or disregarding my impulses.

I'm a demon and a hurricane of chaos, alcohol is the only thing that gets me to calm down.
>>
>>8584562
You sound like a fat person saying dieting makes you gain weight
>>
>>8584601
Not quite, but I see what you're saying.
Kindling is a real neurological thing and not just an alcoholic myth like starvation mode or whatever else fat people use to justify their bad habits.

I mean, I guess it's got less in common with "dieting makes you gain weight" and more to do with "losing weight and then putting it back on repeatedly puts even more stress on your body than just keeping the weight on" which is also true.
>>
>>8584562
>And every time you go sober, then relapse, then try to get sober again, it only gets worse.
I had that happened to me, but it's because I was drinking more each time. I also gradually drink more and more when not stopping.

>>8584612
And this apparently has no translation in my language. I heard about it, but never in a medical environment.
>>
>>8584792
Well, they call it kindling because the idea is that it adds up like small pieces of kindling can be used to make a much larger fire.
>>
is president trmp like kindling?
>>
>>8584865
Are you drunk right now?
>>
Alright faggots, I am on day 4 of sobriety (feels longer than that tbqh) and it's going OK. I had a very exhausting day today and the urge to drink is particularly strong but I am confident it wont happen.
>>
>>8584913
yes
>>
>>8576908
I wanna know if you're still alive in five years, I have no clue why the QoL of loons interests me so much. Nasty Habit.
>>
>kindling
https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-1/25-34.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative%E2%80%93hypnotic_withdrawal)

Less like a fat person and more like drug withdrawal
>>
>>8585288
the way i fixed my life was by doing 5 days sober, 2 days drunk, 5 days sober, 2 days drunk and so on

it actually made me look forward to drinking much more and made my life easier during the week. it also gives me motivation to get through the week since it's effectively a reward system.
>>
>>8576653
Its a fun way of messing with your brain chemistry with minimal long-term side-effects. LSD can leave you fucked permanently even after one dose depending on your genetics.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>8576281

How do I stop the cycle?

>Go four days without a drink
>Feel like dying man in a desert
>Stave off impulses with soda and coffee
>Finally have one shot
>End up having five shots
>Weep tears of joy as my soul is made whole again

>Wake up disgusted with myself.
>Vow to never drink again
>Four days later...
>>
>>8585288
>the urge to drink is particularly strong
Sugar cravings fill my impulses.

Ice cold soda. I'm partial to Royal Crown Cola myself.
>>
just wanna share with you bros. got out of medical detox on feb 6 and went right bck to drinking (but at least its just beer) not getting cold sweats anymore at least.

currently unable to sleep, currently unable to catch a buzz, currently required to keep drinking beers just to maintain.

you all have my love and i thank you for sharing your fucked up stories as well

oh, one more thing. you know how normal people are so afraid of dying. i think if they got a taste of being an alcoholic they would welcome it. i cant wait.
>>
>>8586342
>LSD can leave you fucked permanently even after one dose depending on your genetics

Need source on that, senpai, and not art linkletter, nancy reagan or our first drug czar, barry mcaffrey. When I've ingested that perception expanding thing, the last thing I wanted to do was drink alchohol. I'd sip a few beers on it, but that was it.
>>
At the bar drinking away from the family. What's everyone up to?
>>
>>8586442
lsd is fine, dude. the urban legends about guys who take acid and think they have become a glass of orange juice are fucking bullshit
>>
>Before going to sleep
>Pick up bottle
>Heavy as shit okay there's enough for tomorrow
>Wake up
>Bottle is light as shit barely anything in it

God fucking damn it
>>
File: IMG_0047.jpg (112KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0047.jpg
112KB, 1280x842px
Fug. I've been sober long enough that I'm starting to feel a few seconds here and there throughout the day time, when I don't feel like absolute death. The result being that my mood lifts, and and intense craving for alcohol kicks in hard. How the hell do I make sure that I'm not so unhappy that I want to drink, but also not so happy I want to drink… And not so… Average, that I think fuck it, why not drink?
Jesus Christ, this shit is inescapable
>>
>>8583440
>YouTube has always had a huge 40 oz. community dating back as early as 2008. It's just a bunch of redneck bros filming themselves drinking 40s. I used to really enjoy watching it back in the day
I remember one of those videos from years back, it was actually not a redneck but a black guy drinking a 40 in his bedroom. Halfway through he said something like, "damn son, make a nigga wanna smoke a cigarette". Then he lit one and drank, burped and smoked for the rest of the video. It was hilarious, I saw it once and I've never been able to find it again.
>>
I am on day 5 of no booze. How jelly are you faggots?
>>
>>8587134
Was it this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/user/jayyjjay/videos

He was one of the most popular black guys that I know of from back in the day
>>
>>8587158
Day 23 here. Craving like absolute fucking mad today, but I can't stand any more hospitals or police cells. If I fuck this up I think I may actually kill myself.
>>
>>8587162
Doesn't look like my memory of him, I don't think he was as fat and he didn't seem to have the gang member aesthetic going on.
>>
>>8587168
Damn...23...how does that feel? Even on day 5, it feels like it's been a lot linger. The problem I have is the same as this guy >>8587068

Not drinking is easy when I feel terrible. Also when I have this weird in-between melancholy sensation that happens for a day or two after extreme drinking.

But when I start to feel good and healthy is when the urge kicks in.
>>
>>8587193
>how does that feel?
I feel better than I did while drinking every hour of every day, but holy shit am I tired, I haven't had one good nights sleep for the entirety of those 23 days.
Are you managing to sleep ok? I lay in bed for hours and hours and hours trying, it's rough, and feels like it will never end.
>>
7 days for me
>countdown to liquor day
>>
>>8587230
Try taking diphenhydramine 50mg~ an hour before you sleep. And obviously do the usual things like using white noise (rainymood.com) and a cool room. Took me a bit but I can sleep midnight-7-8am no problem now
>>
Listening to podcasts/audiobooks really helps me fall asleep when sober
>>
Aaaaand I've relapsed.
See you all in a few months.
>>
>>8586346
there's nothing wrong with getting drunk every 4-5 days imho, just so long as it doesn't affect aspects of your daily life that are more important. normies get hammered and do drugs on fridays and saturdays constantly
>>
>>8587818
t. alcoholic in denial
>>
>>8587000
When I was drinking a shit ton of liquor that would always happen to me. I get done drinking what I think is a little more than half of the fifth, and say to myself, yeah that's enough for tomorrow, and then I would wake up and see that there would only be like slightly less than a third of it left.
At the worst sometimes it ended up where there was only like 2 or 3 shots left, fucking retarded.
>>
>>8587948

It's such bullshit, there is NEVER enough left, most of the time you won't even get buzzed from what's left, IF there's anything left
>>
>>8587996
I know dude, I fuckin know that feel.
>>
>>8588006
>>8587996
you guys are both fucked in the head. go seek help
>>
>>8588010
Dude why are you even here.
Also I've already sought all kinds of help and have been in different programs and everything. It got me to mostly stay away from liquor so that's better than nothing. Mostly beer and wine now.
>>
>>8588010

Elaborate further
>>
>>8587863
is drinking once per week alcoholism if you don't really plan around it?
>>
>>8588246

If you even take one drink you're an alcoholic
inb4 retarded alcoholics make comments
>>
File: a52.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
a52.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>8587948
I have no Sympathy at all for you.

Drinking spirits is just so shit, why smash so much so quick?

I do cans around 10-20 cans depending and a bit of wine and the buzz is a steady equal all day long.

Doing spirits is just a waste of money, the good part of being drunk is just a blink of the eye which you cannot remember, leaving nothing but remorse, sorrow and piss all over yourself.

Stop being such a faggot and enjoy the booze.
>>
>>8588564
>>8585308
think you got lost bud
>>
>>8588567
Nah man, i drink much more in ale and wine than you self pitying spirit drinkers could handle, I do a few bottles on my birthday and xmas and it's just bad smashing it down so quickly.

You just try to punish yourselfs because you're weak and are crying for attention rather than get a nice buzz.

Sad.
>>
>>8588358
take one drink?
If you ever even SMELL alcohol you're a confirmed addict
>>
>>8588590
I had a shandy Bass, well two

Do i have a problem?
>>
>Haven't eaten anything for 23 days except for vodka

There's no doubt this is seriously unhealthy
>>
>>8588672
sounds legit
>>
>>8588677

The amphetamines I've been taking daily for my ADHD really curb my appetite
>>
>>8588358
you're right
>>
File: can_fp1-252x516.png (141KB, 252x516px) Image search: [Google]
can_fp1-252x516.png
141KB, 252x516px
Two of these and half a pack of menthols get me through the day.
>>
4 months sober after hospitalization

shit is pretty good actually

been getting high on exercise, don't know what's going to happen if i injure my knees or something
>>
Anyone here had any success on dealcoholizing themselves? I've been drinking every other weekend instead of every weekend, sometimes I take 3 or 4 weeks off. Tonight I got a 6-pack instead of my usual 12 and I don't even really feel like finishing the 6-pack desu.
>>
>kidney in extreme pain after normal night of drinking

anyone al/ck/'s have this problem? water and tylenol barely helps
>>
>tell myself I drink most nights because of anxiety and stress at work
>it's really because I'm a weak-willed faggot with no self-discipline

I seriously need to start leaving my wallet at home. My nights where I fall asleep sober are so nice and serene, but the temptation is just too real.
>>
>>8576478
>this amount of edge
nice try kid
>>
>>8589234
>tylenol
yeah thatll do your liver some good
>>
>>8587230
Install flux on your computer, take melanin, keep a regular schedule : you have to teach your brain how to sleep. It will come back eventually, and it should be faster than when a baby first learn to have 24h days.
Try and get tired during the day. Shouldn't be to hard, being sober is exhausting.

Or you could try the 28 hours day thing.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/320:_28-Hour_Day

>>8587948
>Want to drink only half the bottle, trace line on bottles
>Drink, arrive at traced line on bottle
>Just one sip and I go to bed
>Maybe two
>Wake up, vodka is a notch above the line.
Above?
>I look around, there is an empty bottle on the ground
>I drank 95% of a bottle more than my limit.
I stopped trying to tapper after a while. I have to quit cold turkey with valium, but it worked after a few times. One fucking year.
>>
>>8589158
moderation never worked for me. not because it can't be done, but because moderation doesn't accomplish what i want from drinking (oblivion).
>>
24 year old al/ck/ here

I wanna hear the most fucked up stories you old times have about drinking

Heres mine
>Live in a frathouse
>Ugly girl offers to give me a bj
>Laugh it off, say no
>fast forward two months later
>end of semester
>drinking whiskey like it was my day job
>....facebook message her to see if her offer is still legit
>She says yes, and her roommates weren't home

I wish I could say that the liquor had clouded my judgement but I was still sober enough to walk to her place and get hard.

Before you guys ask, she was possibly the ugliest girl on a campus of 20,000 people. She was the special kind of ugly that if you passed her on the street, you'd try to snap a photo of her. Thats how ugly she was
>>
>>8589377
how was the head tho
>>
>>8589379
Decent.....i fucked her too for about an hour but didn't cum

Went home, drank more, took a scalding hot rape shower
>>
I really need to learn to start drinking water before going to sleep, thing is I already know this even when drunk I just don't care enough when I'm already drunk, fuck
>>
>>8589335

You're a deadset good cunt
>>
File: IMG_0049.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0049.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
>>8588580
The shit you talking' bout, pleb? I drink spirits because I want to feel drunk, as opposed to drinking some piss weak, over-sweet babbyjuice which makes me feel lethargic and bloated, need to piss every ten seconds and just feel tired, barely buzzed at all and never drunk.
I relapsed last night - drank 1.4 litres of Smirnoff, took 2mg of lorazepam, and slept properly for the first time in three fucking weeks. Now 4am, just woke, started on a new 70cl bottle 30 secs after waking. And 23yrs of near-daily boozing behind me.
I'm not trying to punish myself, I'm trying to get drunk. Drinking your baby barbie barely-booze bullshit is pointless, uncomfortable and gay. If it's not flammable, it's not worth it.
>>
>>8588564
>and piss
Found the retard.
Drinking beer and wine to get drunk? Enjoy your own personal pool.
also
>being pretentious about how you poison your body
k, kid
>>
>>8589662

He probably drinks very light beer.
I drink ~7% beer daily and I get pretty drunk from that
>>
>>8576638
I had it for the first time a couple months ago. Cracked my knuckle really hard when I was drinking. Knuckle was sensitive the next day. Few days later thing was swelled up something gigantic and hurt horribly for 10 days. The swelling started at my knuckle, eventually consumed my whole hand. Couldn't even hold a vidya controller. Thank god it went away. Apparently drinking shitloads of water helps.
>>
we're flat earthers here in al/ck/
in not get the fuck out
>>
7 AM. 70cl gone in 3hrs, just got back from shop with another 70cl. Desire to live dissipating. I'm kidding myself if I continue at this point to believe I'll ever be free.
I will not go back to hospital/jail. I'm just going to stay in bed and drink until I kil. Sad af rn. 23 days for fucking nothing.
>>
one more day til i can drink again. wish i had a time machine. i hate my job so much
>>
Almost relapsed on day 6 yesterday. Had a heated argument with my girl and already put a beer in the freezer for emergency cooling but took it out and put it back in the crate after the argument was settled. I'm surprised.
>>
>Stimulants take away all feelings of hunger
>Alcohol still makes me hungry

Probably the worst side effect of drinking
>>
>>8589377
its 6 am here and I'm having a beer and a giggle at your story m8
>>
>>8589377

>Giving your mana away

Weak!
>>
>>8589496
Shit man. It's not too late so stop again.
Throw the bottle in the sink (or down it quick, you're good at that) and don't get a new one. You shouldn't have withdrawals from a day or two (not much more than the PAWS you had anyway)

>>8589937
You know you're resistant to alcohol over-dose, right? It's literally impossible for you to kill yourself like that.
>>
ugh im not going to drink again.

another night of being a huge idiot on facebook XD

and waking up to a day of shame. How do you make yourself feel better the next day when you're a retard when drunk?
>>
>>8577647
Soberish guy here

Tbh I moved to weed for whenever I really need a break from reality. In the time that I've stopped drinking heavily though, I've gotten married, got a good job, and saved a ton of cash. It won't seem like it in the beginning and most of your friends will probably abandon you because you won't get hammered with them at the bar. That all being said, I can say it's totally worth it and I would do it again if I had the choice.
>>
>>8591344
Lost all my friends due to shit I've said and can't remember saying.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.