[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

spanish rice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1478654831672.jpg (87KB, 712x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478654831672.jpg
87KB, 712x960px
so your supposed to fry or sautee the rice in hot oil before you add water and tomato sauce?
does this make the rice take longer to cook
say i was in the woods and cooking rice and want to conserve fuel. should i skip the frying part so it cooks quicker?

what are some alternatives to rice? quinoa is like rice but cooks faster, yes? what about hemp seed? hempseed kernels on that are already popped, ya?

im looking for a grain i can toss in a pot with a can of soup and heat up in like 5 minutes
>>
Quick cooking barley is your man. White rice is <ten minutes too
Frying the rice first actually shortens the cooktime but needs a tbs more water
>>
thank you for the handy dandy rice information
>>
File: IMG_2362.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2362.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Let me teach you an easy way to Spanish rice.

1) sautee minced onion in 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp oil
2) add 1 cup rice to a casserole dish
3) add sauteed onion to rice and coat rice completely on fats/oils
4) add 3 cups chicken stock to rice
5) add peas, chopped carrots, tomato sauce to rice
6) cover casserole dish with foil
7) place in preheated oven at 400F for 1 hour

Comes out perfect every time
>>
>>8572273
does that make the rice hard and firm instead of squishy and sticky? i didnt see you say to sautee the rice.
>>
If you want to skip the sauteeing, use parboiled rice
>>
i dont want to skip the suateeing. i want to learn about it becuase i have never done it before. all my rice has always come out mushy and watery
>>
>>8572034
saved
>>
>>8573239

It changes the texture. Not hard, but not soft. You won't really know until you make it.
>>
>>8572034
>Quaaaaaaaaid
>>
>>8572034
there's this Rice Pilaf in a box I make. after you fry it in butter to get it "toasted", it takes just as long to simmer as regular rice does, 15-20 minutes.
so i think pre-"toasting" dry rice and letting it cool off and taking it with you will add more flavor when you decide to cook it in your junk outside like a girl
>>
will using too much tomato suace fuck up the rice?
i used like 6oz of rice, and then 4oz tomato suace and 6oz water

EL PATO!
>>
>>8572034
>say i was in the woods ...and want to conserve fuel.
>i can toss in a pot with a can of soup

#1: Since transporting stuff is apparently a constraint, ditch the cans of soup and carry more fuel. Maybe tomato paste in cans/tubes, though dried tomatoes would be way more efficient.
#2: Unless the area is soaked, the woods *are* fuel...up your campfire game.
#3: If you want low-energy rehydrating grains, go with something you can dump hot water on and wait a minute, or just soak for a little while. Bulgur wheat, couscous (technically not a grain, but a pasta made from grain), quick-cook oats, minute rice, etc.
>>
>>8574586
this
>>
>>8574831
what are some other 'low-energy' grains?
>>
>>8574872

These aren't grains, but dehydrated vegetables are a great idea. You just add hot water to them.

If they're dehydrated they will be good to eat after several minutes. If they were freeze-dried then they hydrate almost instantly.
>>
well as for a low energy cooking.
when i want a semi-quick filling meal i heat up a can of progresso soup and add like 4oz of rice, quinoa or hempseed
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.