[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can this place be bad if they have live lobster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Redlobster_logocopia.png (41KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
Redlobster_logocopia.png
41KB, 500x214px
How can this place be bad if they have live lobster?
>>
No joke I got hit by the nostalgia bug a few weeks ago and went out to eat here. Fond memories out the ass.

Cheddar Bay biscuits were great. Everything else was so lukewarm and covered in oil it made me sick to my stomach.

How the fuck did I eat this as a kid and think it was decent?
>>
>>8571091
I don't know when you grew up, but I feel like the 90's and early 00's were a time when shitty chain restaurants ruled the culinary scene. When I was a kid we were lower middle class and Red Lobster was a fancy place to go. Our usual restaurant (when we went out) was Applebee's, which I now realise is fucking disgusting.

It feels like people have shifted much more towards small bistro style restaurants these days. I was at a tapas place the other day and someone brought their 8ish year old kids which I thought was just ridiculous, but I suppose times might just be changing.
>>
>>8571440
>small bistro style restaurants
those'll eventually become shitty and commoditized too
>>
>>8571091
because your mom paid for it
>>
>>8570879
Pacific lobster isn't real lobster. You don't need a bowl of melted butter with Atlantic lobster...
>>
>>8571440
Sorta like chillis now, the portions are tiny, food is under cooked, and its all bullshit. I mean fuck, 10 years ago I could never get a table at chillies, all the food was hot and huge

what the fuck happened? why does like suck now?
>>
>>8571983
jews
>>
>>8571983
Went to a Tony Roma's recently for the first time in years. Absolute shit, and overpriced shit at that.

I blame a shortage of qualified cooks. Chain places just get everything shipped in frozen so they don't need to rely on having competent staff. Meanwhile independent restaurants or newer smaller chains are able to deliver better food for the same price by attracting the few good cooks available and having lower overhead.
>>
>>8571440
Pics of the kid?
>>
Crab is inherently superior to lobster. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>8572015
>I blame a shortage of qualified cooks. Chain places just get everything shipped in frozen so they don't need to rely on having competent staff.
I wouldn't blame the cooks. The nature of a chain is top down control to assure consistency. You don't want to be reliant on the cooks who might want to do things their own way. By delivering the food to the restaurant in as close to a heat and eat state as possible you keep control. It also allows you to mass produce everything from cheap ingredients bought in large quantities. This is profitable.

An independent place can be chef driven, because the chef makes the menu and does the ordering. He can respond to what's in season, what's in fashion and his own ability to make the menu profitable by dressing up less expensive ingredients into delicious dishes. A chain won't cede that level of power to the kitchen staff.

Of course just because a joint is independently run doesn't mean the chef isn't phoning itin buying much of the menu premade from SYSCO or US Foods. Places like that are where I feel the most ripped off.
>>
File: IMG_20160111_210044-1.jpg (289KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160111_210044-1.jpg
289KB, 600x802px
>>8572948
no, lobster and shrimp is way better
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.