[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this pork okay to eat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170212_084556280_HDR.jpg (4MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170212_084556280_HDR.jpg
4MB, 2432x4320px
I normally buy pork chops, but this time pork loin was on sale so I got a 5lb loin, chopped it up and grilled it last night. Getting ready to heat up some leftovers and noticed pic-related. The loin itself was part red part pink, and I guess the pink part cooked to white and the other part is still really pink. Is that normal? Is it safe or is the pink part undercooked?
>>
Pork is fucking gross. Most cuts will be full of multiple muscles and the transition zone is full of fat and gristle. You have to like the animalistic value of tearing apart flesh and its anatomy to enjoy pork. Only the prime or highly processed cuts lack the veins of shit through them. Any big section of pork is going to be full of gross shit you chew on for a while before getting disgusted and spit it out.
>>
>>8569019
>muslim detected
>>
>>8568974
Unless you live in a third world shit hole, even raw pork wont make you sick.
>>
>>8569019
Maybe if you buy the "value pack" stuff. A loin chop is a loin chop.
>>
Shit is fine dude. Even green turkey breast is fine to eat.
>>
>>8569029
>I just described a detailed personal experience of eating various pork cuts for many years
>he thinks I'm Muslim

Stupidity detected
>>
>>8569031
thanks, good to know. I knew they changed the cooking temp to 145 from 160 a few years ago in the US because of the lower risk, but wasn't sure what exactly that meant. I don't have a meat thermometer and the white park tastes overcooked if anything, so I'm assuming the pink part can't be bad.
>>
File: Pork Loin.jpg (166KB, 1300x935px) Image search: [Google]
Pork Loin.jpg
166KB, 1300x935px
>>8569042
OP here, I got the only type of pork loin they had at the grocery store, idk if it's "value" or not. It's normally like $5/lb, but I got it on sale at $1.99/lb. And as you can see from the OP pic there are clearly too different meats there.
Here's a pic I found of a raw loin that looks like mine did. You can see the lower part looks like normal raw pork, and that's what turned out white when I cooked it. The upper part is more reddish and that's still pink now.
How am I supposed to cook it? Everywhere I look on the internet I don't see anybody even acknowledging that there are two parts and that they cook differently, all of this white vs pink discussion is all about the part of the loin in the lower part of the pic and nobody ever talks about that upper, reddish part.
>>
>>8568974
Yea its perfectly fine to eat. Ive eaten medium rare pork a couple times and didnt get sick. You should only worry about trignosis if youre in the third world.
>>
Looks fine, if a little plain. I don't know how you made it look so disgusting, though. Trypophobia?
>>
>>8569055
>lives bicuriously through his gay 11 year old christian son
ok well if that's what you want to do I can't stop you
>>
>>8568974
I know fuck all about pork anatomy because I over specialized into beef but the redder part is like dark meat for poultry, not dangerous in the least but is a less desirable texture to people who don't eat Deep South soul food garbage. Loin mixes the two I believe, as does a lot of rib cuts.
>>
>>8569105
>bicuriously
>vicariously
>wut r u even
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.