[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spanish Tuna Pizza Is A Sin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pizza_tunfisch_stock_0.png (237KB, 470x270px) Image search: [Google]
pizza_tunfisch_stock_0.png
237KB, 470x270px
I recently moved to Spain. I wanted to let all the Americans know that while everyone argues over whether or not pineapple goes on pizza (and it does, in fact, fit well on pizza), Spaniards put canned tuna on pizza.

It is absolutely disgusting. I'm a professional fat guy, and it was the first time in my 26 years that I didn't finish a slice of pizza. I was even drunk. My standards were low. I'll never forget it.
>>
>professional fat guy
>doesn't like fish
Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>8568522

I'm Puerto Rican. I love fish. This isn't about fish. This is about canned tuna on pizza.
>>
>>8568511
I love tuna and that sounds fucking awful
>>
>>8568511
Explain yourself Spain
>>
>>8568522
>this clown
>not getting BTFO by every single person in the thread

pick 1 and only 1
>>
>>8568511
Canned tuna on pizza sounds dreadful. Pizza meat needs to be fatty, savory, and good when hot.
I expected better from Spain. But then again, what do they know about pizza? And what the fuck does the OP know about pizza, you degenerate pineapple lover.
And what is a 3rd world Puerto Rican spic doing in Spain? Are you all like friends or something because you all speak Mexican? Do they like you over there? I guess you have one thing in common, and that is bankruptcy and unemployment. Build the wall!
>>
File: edgelord.png (62KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
edgelord.png
62KB, 300x200px
>>8568862

Spanish pizza leaves a lot to be desired in general, true that.

Anyway, I teach English here. I actually speak better English than Spanish, which is why I wanted to live here for a period. I didn't grow up speaking Spanish, so I wanted to immerse and become fluent. I'm also from South Texas, and will likely return to Texas whenever I get bored of Spain, so having Spanish is a pretty valuable skill.

Spaniards range from generally cold to pretty okay with me, but a lot of it has more to do with language than culture. Some don't respond well to the fact that my Spanish is limited, others respond well to the fact that my limited Spanish is still spoken with a pretty great accent.

A lot of them also just assume I'm Spanish since I have a full beard and usually write out two last names the way they do.

Also, bankruptcy and unemployment would be two things, not one.
>>
>>8568511
I don't love tuna personally but there is some tuna that is olive oil packed, or albacore that might work better than other tuna, but I recognize people like tuna melts (cheese and fish) and anchovies (just a savory umami thing) on pizza, both. I think it could have an okay presentation if done right. But, it seems more like healthy/poverty food, if you ask me.
>>
>>8568930
Why eat pizza in Spain? There are so many excellent Spanish dishes to eat there isn't any reason to settle for a second rate take on Italian.
>>
>>8568990
It looks like he lives there, and is not on vacation. Are you confused? Or have you just never lived in a foreign country for long enough to crave a food that isn't "native" to that country?
>>
Who doesn't do that? Tuna and ananas on a pizza go well together.
>>
>>8568990

>>8568999 is correct. I live here. And when you're drunk at night in Spain, your options are typically pizza or kebabs.

in this case, I was drunk in Barcelona and the only open pizza place I found JUST had tuna pizza leftover.

To answer your question though, I do eat a lot of great food here, but as I mentioned in another thread, Spanish food is very regional. The things I loved in Galicia, La Rioja, Cataluña, etc. will be harder to find where I am, expensive, or both. In the case of my area, I eat a lot of great charcuterie here, but outside of that, the food can get less impressive.
>>
>>8568511
Apparently sweden has banana pizza
>>
>>8568999
>have you just never lived in a foreign country for long enough to crave a food that isn't "native" to that country?
I have, and learned very quickly to avoid the pizza. Any place that doesn't have a sizeable population of southern Italians will have shit pizza.
>>8569077
Understand. Now you have learned what much of Europe already knows: kebab is the safe bet for late night drunken eats.
>>
>>8568990
>Why eat pizza in Spain? There are so many excellent Spanish dishes to eat there isn't any reason to settle for a second rate take on Italian.
On the contrary, as a seasoned traveler, one of the best things you can do to discover local cuisine preferences is eyeball a pizza menu somewhere local. Some of the most delicious and outstanding pizzas I've ever had were outside the US (or Italy), especially since it will feature the best of local cheeses.
I've had earthy huitlacoche (pretty much the equivalent of truffle overload) pizza in the DF with queso fresco stuffed and fried squash blossoms, and lots of yummy pasilla fried peppers and crema sprinkled on top. Conejo simmered like barbacoa on top of pizza. Esquitas pizza is especially good. Are you kidding me? It's absolutely mexican cuisine while in mexico.
I'd had smoked lamb on pizza in Selfoss with a drizzle of bearnaise, and roasted potatoes on top and lots of hydroponic greens above it all, which seemed bizarre but pretty icelandic at the same time.
Had great pizza in Costa Rica, lots of coconut and seafood.
I've had jerk chicken-pineapple-caramelized onion pizza in Grand Cayman, served with a carrot drink, it was absolutely wonderful after a day of sun and fun, before going to a concert.
Pizza is really good in Tel Aviv, from local cheese to olives to roasted eggplant to mushrooms as big as your hand, the bonus being the abundance of brick ovens, arid climate and maybe a little harissa or green hot sauce made fresh on the side. And, there's shakshuka pizza! Isreal and palestine both have some oddly spiced pizzas too, allspice is common. And, eggs on pizza is quite foreign in the US and pretty popular around the world, including the baby sized quail eggs and hearts of palm, fried garlic, you'll find on the pizzas in Rio.
>>
>>8569229
I had fun with weird pizza in Japan, but generally find local food more interesting than the local take on pizza. For example the jerk pork I had in Montego Bay wouldn't have been nearly as memorable had it been on a pizza, nor would the hot dogs in Denmark. I was much happier with the rundown soup (fish and coconut milk chowder) on the Atlantic coast of Costa Rica than the mediocre pizza at Johnny's in Monteverde.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.