[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pickling general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Photo on 2-11-17 at 8.31 PM.jpg (219KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-11-17 at 8.31 PM.jpg
219KB, 1080x720px
Has anyone pickled anything before? Pic related, second batch.
>>
i pickled some red onions and cucumbers then added them to my slowcooker chilli. was ok taste was kind of funny but i just added more sour cream
>>
>>8567621
Yeah. I pickle a lot of the vegetables my mom dumps off on me because she always grows way more than she thinks she planted.

I'm not ungrateful, but god damn am I eating a lot of pickled stuff in the winter months.
>>
File: Beets.jpg (667KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Beets.jpg
667KB, 2240x1344px
>>8567621

I pickle shit all the time now. Beets, eggs, cauliflower, jalapenos, carrots, red onions, etc.

They are a perfect side dish or in place of a salad.
>>
When some of the more exotic peppers (for my area) come in season this summer, I'm going to get some to pickle from the farmer's market. Gonna get some ghosties and some scorpions.
>>
I pickle garlic and hot peppers together a lot. I always leave room for broccoli and cabbage stalks.
>>
Based pickled eggs. I need to make another batch.
>>
File: 1486347294816.png (249KB, 511x321px) Image search: [Google]
1486347294816.png
249KB, 511x321px
>he uses vinegar
>>
>>8567663
(((Salt)))
>>
File: Penrose_Tijuana_Mama.jpg (149KB, 402x326px) Image search: [Google]
Penrose_Tijuana_Mama.jpg
149KB, 402x326px
>>8567786
What do you use? Any tips?

I'm thinking about pickling some sausage or some hot dogs. Does anyone have experience with meats?
>>
>>8567798

It's the only rock that your body has a requirement for.

Do you have a problem with an essential mineral that you would die without?
>>
>>8567805
Just salt water.
>>
>>8567827
Brine for my brine? Thanks, anon ;)
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (90KB, 554x416px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
90KB, 554x416px
>>8567621
Im in a learning phase right now. Id like to learn how to make a good chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, but the sauce never tastes good; also trying to find a good recipe for bread and butter pickles. Right now all i can pickle is cucumbers in a cucumber salad lol
>>
>>8567786
Yeah, vinegars are fucking great for pickling. I like a strong white vinegar for eggs and cucumbers, or you can even use apple cider, rice wine or red wine vinegar if you're feeling bold.

Pickles are genuinely one of the easiest things to make at home and really just require basic knowledge of canning to make sure it doesn't spoil. Really, just make a brine that you like the taste of before you seal up your contents. It's all a matter of proportion of acid, sweetness, saltiness and possible spice with water to balance it out.
>>
>>8567901
The point of pickling is you don't need to can it.
>>
>>8567934
...In hindsight I should really know this. Mom taught me to cook but she has OCD hardcore.
>>
>>8567947
What is the difference between canning and jarring? I've given a couple of jars of these eggs to my friends and I'm worried I'm going to give them botulism because I'm inept af.
>>
>>8567976
The name. Unless you literally mean putting something in a can, in which case jarring would be... jarring.

That pun was awful, I apologize.
>>
>>8567621
pickle whole ocra. shit's delicious.
>>
>>8568147
How would you fucking pickle a whole orca ? Those things are fucking huge I don't think you could find a jar big enough to pickle an orca unless maybe you used an Olympic sized swimming pool but what would be the point, fuck you're stupid who even thinks of that?
>>
>the pickled Jew

I'll pass.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.