[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /chickenliver/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.jpg (75KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
75KB, 500x328px
Who /chickenliver/ here?
>>
That looks yummy. I would chicken livers.
>>
for me its gizzards
>>
No I like my chicken deader
>>
the texture of liver is fucking awful. gizzards are the way to go
>>
>>8563149
I like patè so this would probably have the same texture.
>>
>>8563070
Doesn't that give you gout?
>>
File: IMG_20161231_191301.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161231_191301.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
Pate all day
>>
File: goosebarf.jpg (128KB, 484x461px) Image search: [Google]
goosebarf.jpg
128KB, 484x461px
>>8563149
>preferring gizzards
>not appreciating the texture of liver
>>
>>8563379
No. But it's terrible for you if you have gout.
>>
Liver is delicious and nutritious but SO hard to cook right, at least for the first time, and I don't know anyone who makes them so I can't ask.

OP do you have a basic cooking method for liver? I want to eat it all the time because it's cheap and good af but I'm not confident enough to cook it.
>>
It's fucking amazing, I love it

But it also gives me the nastiest farts I've ever smelled in my life
>>
>>8563555
I only eat livermush.
>>
>>8563070
i like fried with hot sauce.
>>
>>8563379
t. KOTH fan
>>
>>8563528
I'm not OP, but I cook it 4 different ways.

1) Sear on both sides in a hot skillet with a little oil or butter. Treat it just like a good steak: you want the outside to be browned but still a little pink in the center.

2) Stick them on skewers and then grill them over charcoal. Concept is the same as above--you want the outside browned and just a little pink in the center.

3) In "dirty rice", a Cajun dish. Run the livers (and gizzards) through a meat grinder. Make some fine-dice "holy trinity" (like mirepoix but green pepper is substituted for the carrot). Cook some long-grain white rice. Get a large pan and start by browning the livers & gizzards. Brown it just like you would ground beef. When that's done, remove it from the pan and set aside. Now sweat down your trinity in the same pan. When the onion is translucent, add the meat back in. Add your cooked rice and toss to combine. Season.

4) In boudin (Cajun sausage). Poach the livers in court bullion or stock. Run through the meat grinder. Mix with your pork and cooked rice and then stuff your sausages. I usually go for a 1:3 part ratio of liver to meat.
>>
Liver is one of the true great pleb filters. All the patricians appreciate its rich, deep taste and unique flavor. Plebs think it's gross and won't try it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.