[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sausage making as a hobby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I'm getting tired of the shitty fillers and Offal filled sausages found in most butchers and I'm thinking of investing in a sausage making kit. Does Anyone here make their own bangers? Is it worth the effort? Also is there any cost savings in making your own sausages?
>>
>>8558829
Free dildos if you freeze them
>>
>>8558829
Organ meats are good for you. Sausages are best made with intestinal casings, whereas your store bought is made with "food grade" polymers. No need to be a fag
>>
>>8558829

I've made many sausages, it's easy and you have full control over the quality.

They are much cheaper to make yourself, but then again you do have to make quite a bit before you offset the cost of the equipment.

Do you have a kitchenaid mixer? If so, you can get a meat grinder and stuffer attachment for it for a very reasonable price.
>>
File: 20170104_135919.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_135919.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>8558829
After I started making my own, I'd never buy from a store. Well worth it, my man.
>>
oy mate, guy from MONTANA here. you can buy large cuts of pork at a cheaper price per pound then pre-made sausage. a sausage press is always a good choice. you can spice and flavor them little piggies any way you wish. enjoy buddy.
>>
you mean like this?
https://youtu.be/GQ1J0UNQwI0
>>
My brother makes and smokes his own sausages, if you can find the right 'flavour profiles' you can make many tasty recipes.
>>
>>8558829
What do you have against offal?
>>
>>8561639

I'm not OP. I love offal. In fact, I even make a type of homemade sausage (Cajun Boudin) whose recipe specifically calls for pork and chicken livers in the ingredient list.

But I know where OP is coming from. Many cheap brands of sausages which are not supposed to contain offal, do contain it as cheap filler. It's generally not specific organs like liver, heart, kidneys. But rather it's connective tissue, tendons, and other things like that.
>>
>>8561639
Not all Offals are created equal. I'd be fine if butchers filled their sausage with liver and kidneys. But the truth is, most sausages contain shitty untasty and disgusting shit like Connective tissues, ligaments, and other scraps that can't be sold to the butchers. They also add a ton of chemicals and flavour enhancers to mask the foul taste. But you can still tell by the shitty aftertaste. Commercial butchers.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.