[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's talk about the best way to roast a chicken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

let's talk about the best way to roast a chicken
>>
don't brine - fucks the skin too much
roast in high oven in a low sided vessel - 12" cast iron works best for this.
season with salt early and let it temper for four hours before putting it in the oven.

roast chickens are simple.
>>
>>8555465
Oh, and truss to close up that cavity to prevent drying out the bird. Your pic is an example of shitty trussing.
>>
>>8555465

I never understood brining. Fucks with everything. Doesnt even feel like chewing meat anymore...
>>
>>8555469

I usually stuff a mixture of chopped onions and apples in mine. Oranges and onions are nice too. I leave it open so it doesn't crack my chicken apart.
>>
>>8555475
crack the chicken apart?
>>
>>8555451
Honestly just deep fry the fucker
>>
>>8555470
I thought brine makes it moist and delicious
>>
>>8555470
>>8555875
In my opinion, brining does make the meat really moist and tender with very little work. I brined my Thanksgiving turkey for the last two years in a row and it's been better each time I do it. I never noticed anything wrong with the skin.
>>
I want to fuck that chicken.
>>
>>8556355
If you don't there's something wrong with you.
>>
Roast chicken is easy;

>Don't brine
>Separate skin from breast meat, fill space with herb butter of choice, season top of skin
>Rub butter onto thighs and legs
>Stuff fully, don't leave a gap
>Bake covered in foil for 3/4 of cooking time, pour a small amount of stock with a cut up garlic, orange and tyhme into the tray to keep it moist. Use less than you think you need, juice will come out of the chicken and from the melted butter.
>Uncover for last 1/4 to crisp up the skin
>Rest the meat before carving, like you would a steak.
>>
>>8555470
Brine is unnecessary for chicken. but can make a huge difference for something like turkey.
>>
>>8555451
>Preheat to setting #3
>5x Crates of 8
>Rack up, 8 birds to a tray
>Dole out 'chicken sprinkle' over each successive tray of racked birds
>Wait for 'LOAD'
>Open oven, roll entire apparatus into the waiting superhot maw before you
>Close oven, hit 'cook'
>Sanitise and wipe down station
>Prep station for doing this again in 80 minutes or so
>Reconsider the life choices that led you here

What were we talking about again?
>>
Preheat oven to 180, generously Butter up chicken, cover in salt and pepper. Place in baking tray with 150ml of chicken stock and 150 ml of white wine. Wrap the whole thing tightly in foil and cook at 180 for an hour. Remove foil after 1 hour and cook for another 50 mins. After 50 mins turn heat to 220 for 30 mins. Comes out perfect every time for me- sexy crispy golden skin, soft and juicy meat and easy to debone. So tender that I have to be careful cutting off the leg as the bone can just be pulled out with such little force, the legs almost fall apart! You can use the juices in the pan for a bomb ass gravy, and also cook potatoes in the gravy with the bird as it cooks, they come out all chewy and chickeny. Don't forget to season the stock and bird...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.