[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steak opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0365.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0365.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So, this is my first steak cooked on a cast iron pan (yes I'm the same anon which opened a thread for the cleaning issue).

It's a 550 gr "tagliata" steak which in English should be called strip steak, 3/3,5 cm thick.

4 mins per side + 2 mins basting with butter and garlic.

Opinions? Could I improve something?

Dumping photos
>>
File: IMG_0360.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0360.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Raw steak, I removed the pepper
>>
File: IMG_0367.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0367.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
not too shabby but use more pepper next time and make a pan sauce, don't waste the juices
>>
>>8553852
Thank you
>>
File: IMG_0369.jpg (195KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.jpg
195KB, 1200x1600px
>>8553852
Forgot the pic
>>
>>8553835
Steak is largely preference.
Try searing then finishing in the oven, grilling, cooking sous vide, marinating, or a different cut.
The steak in the pic looks a little lean for my liking, aim for something with streaks of marbling because flavour is most highly concentrated in the fat, and it prevents the drying out of the meat.
>>
>>8553859
Looks pretty good desu.
You could also add some thyme in there with the butter and garlic for extra goodness.
>>
It looked burnt in the first picture but the final product looks good. How long did you let it sit before you cut it?
>>
>>8553859
perfecto anon
>>
>>8553880
Yes definitely it's lean, I bought a cheap piece because I wanted to make experience (the whole steak costed me just 5,50€!).

Next time I'm looking for a higher quality steak with more fat, like a ribeye.

Question: when you say sear in the pan and finish in oven what do you mean? Do I have to cook for the same amount of time (4+4 here) per side and then finishing in the oven or do I have to lower the time on fire and balance with time in the oven?

>>8553890

Yes thank you.

>>8553896

5-6 minutes.

It could have been a little burnt but it but I don't know if it's because I'm using a new pan or because I did it.

I poured corn seeds oil when the pan was ready, just to be sure to avoid stitching the steak (I reseasoned the pan twice before this steak).

>>8553921

Thank you.
>>
>>8553859
Nice man tits.
>>
>>8553859
Wear black and wear layers.
>>
Nice shirt OP, what are you The Fonz?
>>
>>8553932
>have to lower the time on fire and balance with time in the oven?

That. You just sear the sides in the pan. Maybe 1-2 minutes per side. Then you transfer the pan & steak to the oven to complete the cooking process.
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8554124 (you)
>>8554138 (you)
>>8554141 (you)

I don't want to disappoint you but they're just folds from the large t shirt I'm wearing.
>>
>>8554166
Thanks anon, I will try next time
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.