[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's impossible to get Brisket Cuts in Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Are we that uncultured that our butchers don't even stock probably the best cut for Smoking? I've visited 20 different butchers
around Melbourne, from gourmet nu-butchers to traditional European immigrant butchers. I even went to the Halal Turkish butchers. Not one of these butchers even knew what the Brisket cut is. Today, I finally found a Vietnamese butcher that stocks Brisket but the quality of the cut was not great. What is wrong with the barbecue scene in Australia?
>>
>>8552996
search for " J R Forster meats" to get brisket in Melbourne. they are a wholesale supplier based in the northern suburbs, but if you phone them and ask im certain you could go pick up a few kgs of brisket. Last I know, they have 3 or 4 varieties of brisket, prices ranged from $11 to $13 a kilo (wholesale)

Also costco docklands carries brisket
>>
I'm on the Gold Coast and most of the butchers around me stock it. I've got a butcher in walking distance that has it cheap as fuck all the time.

Are you asking the guys behind the counter or just window shopping?
>>
>>8552996
Can't you just get an equivalent cut that's taken from the same part of the cow?
>>
Maybe they have a different name for it.
>>
>>8552996
Victoria St Richmond... can't remember the name of the butcher, but it's vietnamese, and it's next to a restaurant called Minh Xuong where they make some of the best crispy skinned roast pork in town.

they always have brisket for pho.

and they are cheap.

i can't stand those pussy-livered butchers these days that trim everything and then snub their noses when you ask for skanky cuts for tasty stews... a big bunch of them work at the queen vic these days and they look like burnt out lawyers trying to cash in on the organic health craze, bunch of wankers i say.
>>
>>8553030
It probably sells better as minced beef or sausage or burger or something, brisket just ain't popular here.>>8553031
>>
>>8553030

I don't know much about Aussie beef, but I do know than in various countries the standard "cuts" that a carcass is broken down into vary greatly. I have family in England and France, and I live in the US. The standard beef cuts are totally different between those three countries. Each one has a certain "standard" method that's used, but they are all different.
>>
>>8552996
we are decades behind america in the BBQ meats scene, fucking snags, cabanossi and minute steaks are the best we can do... ffs ribs and smoked meats are god-tier. I am hearing chatter of meat dryers and smokers but it is not much.
>>
>>8553048
Meat dryer? You mean a food dehydrator?
Also there's fuck loads of smokers on eBay, I'm considering getting one after I move house later this year
>>
File: download.png (12KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
12KB, 251x201px
>>8552996
>Are we that uncultured that

stopped reading there but whatever follows the answer will be yes.
>>
>>8553046
Im told that Australian beef are very different to American beef since aus bulls are alot smaller, since most Australian beef are grass fed, whilst American beef are corn fed. Not to mention theyre bred to be drought hardy. Tastier but smaller meat. The brisket in Australian bulls are underdeveloped when compared to American breeds.
>>
File: srfbeef-cornedbeef-plated.jpg (191KB, 1080x800px) Image search: [Google]
srfbeef-cornedbeef-plated.jpg
191KB, 1080x800px
>no brisket
How the fuck do your Jews make corned beef then?
>>
>>8553150

There's a lot of variation in American beef. Cattle raised in the north will be different breeds than those raised in the south since the climate is so different. A lot of cheap supermarket beef will indeed be corn or grain-fed. But grass-fed is certainly a thing too. It's sold as premium beef in some places, but it's also standard in many places.

I live in Texas. It's very common here for people who own larger amounts of land to raise cattle on that land because it has a lot of tax benefits. (land used for farming/ranching has a much lower tax rate than other purposes). The landowner might raise cows himself, or he might rent out the land to someone else who does (the latter being VERY common). And in that case the cattle certainly are grass-fed.
>>
>>8553159
Silverside
>>
>>8553048
What's wrong with snags and minute steak? I bet you're one of those numales i keep hearing about
>>
>>8553279

Nothing. It's just limited. There are so many other things that we could be making as well.
>>
>>8553171
Im talking about the average pleb teir meats.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.