[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Allergy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sad orange.jpg (43KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
sad orange.jpg
43KB, 400x533px
I recently found out I have Oral Allergy Syndrome. It fucking blows. Basically I'm allergic to most fruits due to pollen. I know celery, cucumbers, and possibly raw tomatoes and raw potatoes are out of the question too. I can have pizza but haven't tried tomato soup. Apparently cooking the fruits to denature the proteins allows me to eat them but I haven't tried this yet, since a swollen throat is scary to experience.

What vitamins should I be supplementing with a multivitamin? Can I just have chicken, cheese, rice, eggs, and milk forever without dying?

I can't even have a garnished drink. It's so fucking annoying.
>>
>>8551064
>allergic to some goddamned thing

Every fucking time.
>>
>>8551064
yeah dude i have this. it can't kill you, first off, it only makes your mouth tingle. second, if you apply even the tiniest amount of heat to the raw fruits you'll be ok.

The chemistry is interesting - it has to do with the lipid chains that connect the compounds in the fruit. You just have to break the lipid chains and you;re good.
>>
>>8553040

2nding this. I have the same condition. Cooking the fruits absolutely does work. Also, it is a very limited number of fruits. In my case I can't have raw strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries.

I have zero issues with tomatoes, bananas, blackcurrants, cherries, melons, papaya, mango, any citrus fruit, tomatillos, peppers, cucumbers.

>>multivitamin
What does that have to do with OAS?
>>
>>8553054
>>8553040
>it can't kill you
I don't know about this, my throat swells up and my allergist said my allergies are very strong.

I'm asking about the multivitamin because I'm wondering what vitamins and minerals I'm missing out on by not being able to eat most fruits and veggies.
>>
>>8553699

You certainly can eat fruits, you just have to cook them first.

And since when did OAS mean you couldn't eat veggies either? It should be certain fruits only.
>>
>>8553705
I'm VERY allergic to cucumber. I haven't tried plain tomatoes yet. I'm just too nervous to try them because I haven't gotten an epipen yet.

How do you cook your fruits? Does freezing them also work?
>>
>>8553732
You basically have to heat them to degenerate certain compounds
You can cool them down afterwords if you want, you just need them to break.
>>
>>8554696
Interesting. My aunt says garlic makes her sick unless its microwaved or something?

And my mom is really alergic to onions. Thank god those traits were not passed to me. I order extra onion and garlic on stuff most of the time. Girlfriend says it makes my balls and sweat stink but idgaf she can suck it literally.
>>
>>8554796
>Girlfriend says it makes my balls and sweat stink but idgaf she can suck it literally.
That's not nice, you should care more about your girlfriend
Also yes, heat can denature a lot of thing, denaturing / degenerating proteins and lipids basically destroys them so you don't react allegically
>>
I'm allergic to some nuts, melons, bananas and avocados. There may be others, but it there are I can't think of it.
Anyways, eating those just make my mouth really itchy and tingly. Nothing serious, just annoying and uncomfortable.
>>
>>8554808
She is cool, I know. Bit of a health freak, guess it could be worse. She really cares about the food we eat and bring into the house, so when we eat out I usually get greasy crap that we don't cook at home. Apparently she says McDonalds makes my cum taste bad, not kidding.
>>
>>8555255
>Apparently she says McDonalds makes my cum taste bad, not kidding.
She's not lying but then again it always tastes like arse, at best it tastes slightly less arse so you can put on a good show of enjoying it
Or that's what I'd think
Maybe your gf is special
Maybe I'm special
>>
I had this, melons, peaches, and avocados were the worst for me. I kept eating them and now they don't affect me at all.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.