[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soda Detox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1366361775265.png (148KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1366361775265.png
148KB, 2560x1600px
Over the past half year or so I've slowly reverted to drinking soda as a comfort food. I'm not as stressed out as I was before, but now it's become a habit to have a can of Coke or something sugary with every do for lunch and dinner. THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

I drink water often enough, but I'm losing out on the benefits of a healthy diet by drinking too much. I think I'm addicted to the sweetness, so what's a good substitute other than sparkling water to help?

I'm also a bit scared of the artificially flavored No-Calorie stuff. Is it worth it?
>>
What does /ck/ think about stuff with Stevia in it?
>>
>>8550485
>I'm also a bit scared of the artificially flavored No-Calorie stuff. Is it worth it?
No it's not worth it. I'd try naturally flavoured water. Add fruit like lemon to your water and let it soak then you can have something flavourful that itsn't soda.
>>
File: 126220432037.jpg (18KB, 448x335px) Image search: [Google]
126220432037.jpg
18KB, 448x335px
>>8550876
I've heard of fruit-infused water so I've been looking into that sort of stuff. Good to know it's a choice alternative.

I've seen flavored sparkling water with "Natural Flavors" but how much should I trust that shit? I've heard that stuff like La Croix is really good but can I really trust something that tastes as sweet as juice but has no sugar in it AND is all natural?

Seems to good to be true.
>>
>>8550889
I've never heard of La Croix so I wouldn't know. But stuff like Perrier is usually pretty good and low/no sugar. If you really wanna cut down on sugar though it's best to do fruit-infused water yourself. You can always add a bit of sugar if you must it's not like you'll die from it.
>>
File: 1368041239739.png (466KB, 637x633px) Image search: [Google]
1368041239739.png
466KB, 637x633px
>>8550940
I'll try that. Looks like it's Homemade Lemonade and Lemon Water from now on.
>>
Alcohol
>>
When I quit drinking soda it was just a matter of setting a rule that every time I wanted soda, I'd drink water. It's pretty unsatisfying but after slamming 2 glasses of water you're simply not thirsty enough for soda anymore. After about a month I stopped craving soda completely, I don't even want it anymore.
>>
>>8550958
This.
Alcohol fixed all my problems.
>>
I quit soda by binging on iced coffee instead. Toss a pack of sweet n low or stevia in there for some sweetness.
>>
>>8550485
Most people who drink diet complain about non diet being NOT SWEET ENOUGH. Because the artificial stuff tastes sweeter.
>>
File: Just euthanize me fam.jpg (220KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Just euthanize me fam.jpg
220KB, 1200x900px
>>8550485
>stop drinking soda
>picked up the Pure Leaf meme
>look at sugar
>mfw it's even worse
>>
File: 1349575271728.jpg (159KB, 560x451px) Image search: [Google]
1349575271728.jpg
159KB, 560x451px
>>8551301
mfw fly over thinks sobe green tea /pure nesleaf is full of antioxidants
>>
>>8550545

It tastes like shit and only increases your desire for sugar.
>>
>>8550485
Not sure why no one has suggested tea yet, it's a great way to keep yourself from drinking too many sugary drinks. There are all kinds of interesting teas you can try, strong black teas or lighter stuff like green tea or mint tea. Get a good insulated mug or bottle and it will stay warm for 24 hours, or you can throw some ice cubes in if you like cold tea. It doesn't have to be boring either, add a pinch or two of sugar, or honey, or some lemon or ginger. A little bit of sugar is still better than two dozen grams.
>>
>>8551301
That's why you always read the back of the label.
>>
>>8550485
>I'm also a bit scared of the artificially flavored No-Calorie stuff. Is it worth it?
>>8550545
>What does /ck/ think about stuff with Stevia in it?

If you're talking about artificial sweeteners, c'mon, this should be basic knowledge by now, it's going to make you just as fat as sugar by stimulating your appetite.

>>8551192
>I quit soda by binging on iced coffee instead. Toss a pack of sweet n low or stevia in there for some sweetness.
So, "I quit drinking one beverage full of shit, by drinking another beverage full of shit." Oh, "And I consider myself so clever for doing this I'm going to shitpost this as advice to others."

>>8550485
>I think I'm addicted to the sweetness, so what's a good substitute other than sparkling water to help?
You can get hooked on lots of foods and flavors. Things like spiciness, sugar, and salt, when you use a lot, you develop a taste for that much, then when you don't have it you miss it. The cure is to cut it way back, and your brain will adjust again to where you won't miss it. Sugar is different from some flavors in that it does affect your energy level, though generally not in a good way, and you can tweek your eating habits to compensate as needed. You don't need a substitute drink. If you really want something other than water, try tea or coffee, with some attention paid to caffeine intake so you don't develop a new problem to solve.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.