[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Avocado prices drop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

This is getting ridiculous. I've just paid 4 dollars for 1 shitty hard Avocado. Growing up as a kid, I remember avocados were pretty cheap. What gives?
>>
I feel bad for plebs who don't have an avocado tree. I have more avocados than I know what to do with.

Tighten that noose
>>
>>8550254

Move back to Mexico and you can have all the cheap avocados you want. The government will even give you a free ride home!
>>
File: SNAP.jpg (1MB, 1326x921px) Image search: [Google]
SNAP.jpg
1MB, 1326x921px
>>8550273
The US/California government already gave my family a free house, a free car, free education, and we receive monthly groceries. I would feel bad taking any more.
>>
>Live on east coast USA
>Avocados $1
>>
Where the hell do you live? I live in shit strain Utah and they are 2 for a dollar.
>>
>>8550254
>What gives?

Inflation.
>>
>>8550332
Lel, no. Last year at this time I was buying avocados for $.50 each and sometimes 4 for $1.00. Now they're anywhere from $1.00-$1.50 each. Inflation running at that rate already? That's a medico-pharma inflation rate, not standard goods. I fully expect to have that kind of Venezuelan rate after Trump has been in office a year, but not quite yet.
>>
>>8550254
>I've just paid 4 dollars for 1 shitty hard Avocado.
I just paid $.69 each for eight avocados in Indiana.
Where the shit are you buying your avocados?
>>
>>8550254
I pay anywhere from 50 cents to 1 dollar for mine and I live in Wisconsin

What's it like living in Williamsburg NY?
>>
>>8550254
Prices are only going up with the wall, beaner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNsKvZo6MDs
>>
>>8550296
This
>tfw live in Miami
>79 cents for an avocado
Feels amazing
>>
>Medium avocados 4 for $1
One of the benefits of being infested with Mexicans I suppose.
>>
yeah I live in a shitty midwestern city and avos are .67/each on sale this week ripe.
>>
>>8550254
I got 1 for 59 cents at aldis last week
>>
GUYZ WHY IS ADVOCADOES EXPUNSIVE IN DA WINTUR???

flyover filth kys
>>
File: 1451365378250.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1451365378250.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>8550254
Australian? iktfb
>>
>>8550254
Does the wall need a bigger gate? They've always been <$1 where I live.
>>
I live in Michigan, and both my pleb grocer and Whole Foods were charging $1.25 per avocado last week. And they were good. Smallish Hass avocados, but absolutely perfect quality.
>>
>>8550294

No you wouldn't...
>>
Let the avocado sit on the counter for a couple nights and it'll get soft.
>>
File: floridaavocado3remake.jpg (47KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
floridaavocado3remake.jpg
47KB, 500x362px
What about THOSE avocados?
>>
cali here, .37/1avo, post superbowl blowout sale
>>
>>8550570
Saw this thread on front page and wat? My gf buys organic avocados all the time and the price hasn't changed. Living in Utah too...
>>
>>8550570
>>8550273
I live in Australia. Not a Mexican
>>
You guys are kidding me right at Publix there around 1.25 for the crappy ones from Walmart they're $0.89 how are you getting multiple ones for $1
>>
>>8552629
Australians are basically the Mexicans of Oceania, nobody likes them.
>>
>>8552635
They live near coloured people.
>>
>>8552271
I tried those once, they're watery shits
>>
>>8552271
YOU JUST KNOW
>>
>>8552644
I can't even name a single relevant country outside Australia that's from the Oceania region. New Zealand doesn't count and aren't relevant.
>>
Your prices locally do not reflect everywhere else. I can buy 6 for $2
>>
>>8552862
That's because you're American.
>>
>>8550254
That's cause california is going through the 4th year of draught and avocados require a shitload of water for growing
>>
>>8552913
having a billion Mexicans driving the demand doesn't help either
>>
>>8551123

Yes. Everything's expensive here. Pine nuts are like 100 dollars per a kilo too. So a jar of Pesto is probably more expensive than caviar.
>>
>>8552271
I only like rough skin avocados. Smooth skin avos are shit tier.
>>
>>8552862
>New Zealand doesn't count and aren't relevant.

You word bestest.
>>
>>8550254
>I've just paid 4 dollars for 1 shitty hard Avocado
Supply and demand anon
Seeing as you're obviously willing to pay 4 dollars for an avocado?
Yeah...
>>
>>8550254
Guess that "John buys an avocado for $5" meme wasn't too far off.
>>
>>8550254
wtf where are you there like 90 cents a piece in Minnesota
>>
In case anyone noticed the price of avocados in the U.S. was down last week, it was because of a glut in supply for the Super Bowl.
>>
>>8553640
Op is from Australia
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.