[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This robotic barista never needs a coffee break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: resize-100707289-large.jpg (48KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
resize-100707289-large.jpg
48KB, 700x394px
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3165332/techology-business/this-robotic-barista-never-needs-a-coffee-break.html

>The robotic arm manning Cafe X at the Metreon shopping center in San Francisco looks very caffeinated as it frantically swings from one side of its enclosed bar to the other.

>Along with the help of two fully automatic coffee machines, the arm can whip up anywhere from one to four drinks a minute, depending on the complexity of the order.

>Customers can place an order either by using the company's smartphone app or through one of the kiosks at the cafe. Once their order is ready, customers receive a four-digit code, which they use to pick up their drink. Efficiency is key.

>"In today's world, you have two options for getting a cup of coffee: you're either in and out with something subpar, or you're waiting in a 15-minute line for a great cappuccino," said Cafe X CEO Henry Hu. "I started Cafe X to eliminate that inherent compromise and give people access to a tasty cup of coffee consistently and conveniently."
>>
>>8547583
Do we have to tip the robot???
>>
>>8547587
No, it needs to be upright to work
>>
>>8547587
yes
>>
>>8547583
How much is robot coffee?
>>
Can I offer the robot 200 dollars to suck my dick like the 18 year olds at tim hortons do?
>>
>>8547583
that's not a barista that's a shitty super automatic with a fucking robot arm thrown in as a fucking gimmick. no different than shitty vending machine super automatic espresso machines you can find anywhere (minus the gay robot arm waving your cup around)
>>
>>8547776

HAHAHAHA NO.
>>
File: 1483345894514-fit.jpg (46KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483345894514-fit.jpg
46KB, 482x720px
>>8547624
>Tim Hortons blowjobs

The absolute best
>>
>>8547583

A coffee machine that takes 90 seconds to complete an order?

What a treat
>>
>>8547776

It's obviously build for show, but if you are going to create something which can make all the frufru variations at good quality make you are going to need a machine which can transport the cups along many optional but purpose build dispensers/frothers/whatevers. An assembly line setup makes a lot more sense though.
>>
>>8547776
This.

in the video it says it cost him thousands to customize the machine to the local grind size and flavour, which is probably very hard but it is no better than vending machine coffee in design.
>>
what does the arm do other than move the cup?
>>
>>8547624
No, but it looks like it can give a mean handjob.
>>
>>8547624
Once baristas get fired you will be able to get those same blowjobs for half the price
>>
>>8547776
As soon as I don't get to unload all my stress on an underpaid teenager who can't find the almond extract for my moka Choco machiato I'm taking my business somewhere else
>>
>it can only serve the coffee, it can never have any coffee

When the robots overthrow us, this shit here will be why.
>>
File: 1436279431360.jpg (28KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1436279431360.jpg
28KB, 350x350px
>>8547608
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.