[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jar with a twist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Jar_with_a_Twist_logo[1].png (42KB, 235x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jar_with_a_Twist_logo[1].png
42KB, 235x200px
Was trying to get every last spoonful of peanut butter out of a jar today when I remembered this.

Whatever happened to it? It was supposed to be cheap and easy to manufacture.
>>
Your mom has a monopoly on the cheap and easy market, so they went under. Just like your mom did.
>>
Looking on Wikipedia...

>The finished product will be entirely injection molded using PET plastic. The company claims that the shelf life of its contents, once opened, will match that of a normal peanut butter jar at 3 to 6 months.

>The team is planning on introducing the jar into the peanut butter market and then expanding their design to jelly, salsa, and mayonnaise containers. Each jar is expected to cost $0.13 to manufacture, which is three cents more than the manufacturing cost of a typical peanut butter jar. One cent of each unit's manufacturing cost will be a licensing fee for the Jar with a Twist company.

Sounds almost too good to be true. I'm guessing it just didn't work that well in the real world or they had manufacturing issues.
>>
companies don't want to spend money so that you don't have to replace your peanut butter as often
>>
>>8547377
here's a solution
>stop eating peanut butter
>>
>>8547478
Huh?
>>
>>8547377

Women can open cans. Women can't open jars. It's simple economics.
>>
>>8547598

That could be it, after all, Women control 80% of household spendings.

If the product itself is genderless, but aimed and designed for Men, it's bound to have a hard time.
>>
>>8547410
Well, also: "Three cents more" is hard to justify in a field (manufacturing) that has a huge focus about reducing costs for packaging.
>>
>>8547598
You know, I used to think this was an actual meme, but I frequently find myself in situations in which I'm the only person capable of opening containers. And it's not only women.
Perhaps I am the incarnation of a very minor saint, Lysander the Slightly-Stronger-Than-Average, sent in the Lord's stead to improve people's lives by opening jars for them.
>>
>>8547377
Use a silicone spatula. Problem solved.
>>
>>8547611
>women control 80% of household spendings

Is this really what it's like in 3rd world countries like USA?
>>
>>8547598
It's really not that hard for anyone to open jars. I'm a woman, as long as you get a fork under the side of the lid you can release the pressure and then it's easy even for children.
>>
When you are producing product in the volume that these companies do, a 3 cent per jar difference is huge. Food production lines and packaging designs are constantly iterated for cheaper and more efficient production. Unless a substantial sales increase from adoption of this can design can be proven, the increased cost per jar and the cost of re calibrating/retooling assembly lines would not be justifiable.
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
>>8547592
STOP EATING PEANUT BUTTER
>>
>>8548553
This! You can find mini rubber spatulas in some stores, if I recall, I saw some at Walmart.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.