[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what kind of fish is in sushi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6043.png (1MB, 1816x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6043.png
1MB, 1816x816px
what kind of fish is in sushi
>>
fish out of water
>>
Fish.
Generally dead and slicked by someone who makes sushi.
>>
it's a gasp fish :O
>>
Whale
>>
I like fish.
>>
>>8544951

Rice
>>
I made sushi last week. Went to the chink store and bought some frozen tuna. It was $20, plus the rice, vegetables and everything else, it ended up around 40 bucks to feed 3 people with six rolls, 2 for each person. Not really sure if worth it because a sushi chef adds a bunch of variety shit that I don't have. If you want to use some cheap shit go ahead. I would have rather just eaten the raw fish as sashimi, it was p.good.
>>
>>8545068
>frozen tuna
>sushi
fucking why
>>
>>8545086
The tuna is flash frozen. It causes the tuna to go into some kind of curing process.
It's actually the correct way make sushi...... of course you buy sushi from Safeway so dont know shit about shit, pleb.
>>
>>8545086
Almost all fish eaten raw is frozen first. It kills parasites. Have you never seen a video of a tuna auction? If you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, why bother making yourself look stupid?
>>
>>8545107
I'm actually kind of thinking about going in with a friend who lives in Finland to sell fish to the tuna auctions. I live on Cape Cod, MA and there are tuna everywhere. Basically a single fish is work about 3-5 grand to the fisherman, but can get 10x that at a tuna auction in ching chong land. My friend says he has the connects to fly the fish from MA to Singapore and get a fish to auction the next day. lots of risk but the rewards could be amazing. I could make a years salary on 4 fish.

but yeah, dude, the "fresh" tuna is packed in saltwater ice at sea and is basically frozen solid by the time it hits the dock. Then it gets the Han Solo treatment and is flash frozen and shipped.
>>
>>8545378
How hard is it to catch Tuna? How expensive is the equipment needed and does the gov 'tax' or charge extra fees besides a fishing license? 3-5K for a fucking fish is a lot!
>>
>>8545086
In Canada I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell sushi that wasn't frozen at some point.
Something about killing parasites.
>>
>>8545659
Yeah you faggots even outlawed riboflavin, folic acid, niacin, reduce iron and thiamine didn't you?

PLEBS. Enjoy your population dying of malnutrition.

Eat the poison it's good for you.
It keeps you from dying from diseases that .0000005% of the population has ever had.

(This post brought to you by the Federal Department of Agriculture)
(Blame Canada)
>>
>>8545634
its a ton of work and a lot of money for the equipment. $5k sounds like a lot, but..

100K for the boat. $2k for each rod&reel combo. $300-$500 in gas every time you run the boat. 4 guys at least on the boat splitting the take.

Shit the fishing line alone is about $1000.

Then, theres stepping up from recreational to commercial comes with a whole new list of costs, plus permits, coast guard inspections, etc.

Then there's the knowledge. I've been fishing this water for 15 years and i still only hook up one out of maybe every 3 or 4 trips. Then landing a fish you hook up with is about a 50/50 proposition.

Bottom line is, if you're doing it just to make money, a $2k payday for a fish doesn't pay the bills - so I just do it for fun. But if i have a way to turn that $2-5K to $15-30K at a sushi auction.. now we're taking about something worth quitting a regular job over and putting the time and effort into making a living.

If it were easy everyone would do it.
>>
>>8545378
You can only fetch that amount of money with blue fins. Yellowfins which are fairly common fetch for a few dollars a pound and albacore is basically worthless.
>>
>>8545634
>How hard is it to catch Tuna?

Hard. And expensive. Which is why they sell for that much money.
>>
>>8545669
>turn that $2-5K to $15-30K at a sushi auction
You'll need to land blue fins of high quality. Low quality fish get very little attention.
>>
>>8544951
fish is on sushi, not in sushi
>>
>>8545862
>what is makizushi
>>
>>8545876
makizushi is NOT the same as sushi?
if OP meant makizushi instead of sushi, he should've said so.
>>
>>8544951
Raw fish.
>>
File: 1486009862937.jpg (351KB, 1426x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1486009862937.jpg
351KB, 1426x1600px
>>8544951
>tfw when I was little i heard that sushi is "raw fish".
>go the chinese buffet and see raw meat in a tub along with veggies. All for stir fry, but I was a little retard and didnt know this.
>i eat two pieces of raw chicken and think to myself "well I don't see what's so great about sushi."
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.