[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys consider Fish a meat or fish it's own thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Memeswell.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Memeswell.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12271367/r
>>
>>8540485
Is poultry a meat or its own thing?
>>
Poultry is considered a meat.
>>
Is game a meat or its own thing?
>>
>>8540485

Meat is muscle tissue. Fish have muscle tissue. If you eat the muscle tissue of fish, you are eating meat.
>>
how does one classify an unfertilized egg
>>
>>8540485
no i dont want mercury poisoning.
>>
File: 1403952612403.jpg (63KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
1403952612403.jpg
63KB, 500x670px
>>8540485
>Is it in the animal kingdom?
..Yes? It's meat then.
>>
Depends on the context.
In a menu separating meats and fish (they do that here, idk if it's a local thing), or beef/pork/poultry/fish/"sea fruits" like in Chinese restaurants ; then it's not a meat.
If you mean as flesh from an animal, then yes. (Muscle or not, offal is delicious.)
>>
>>8540646
Not meat - no muscle tissue
>>
>>8541059
The thing is that fish aren't animals, they're fish
>>
>Jew meat
>>
>>8541393
>phylum chordata, kingdom animalia
>not animals

Well what are they, then? Fungi?
>>
>>8540485
i consider fish and chicken as vegetables. Here we eat red meat three times a day.
>>
>>8540501
a thousand times this.
>>
>>8540501

This.

Meat is flesh of an animal

Fish are animals

Therefore fish is meat

"A fish is any member of a group of animals that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digit"
>>
I'd say, when it comes to ethical reasoning, eating fish and poultry is alright, but eating pork and beef is not alright. Fish and birds are stupid animals who dont deserve it better. In fact they would eat us anytime and they did in the past. Pigs and cows are friendly and mammals like us. They deserve our compassion.
>>
Fish isn't meat, if you say otherwise you should be shot on the street like the fucking degenerate you are.
>>
It's its own thing.
>>
if you don't think fish is meat you are either brain damaged, or use it as an excuse to still eat meat when under dietary restrictions like lent or vegetarianism.
>>
>>8541059
Funnily enough in terms of meat and dairy separation for the sake of Kosher laws, poultry is meat and fish is not.
>>
what kind of animal is a fish?
>>
>>8543485
Is beaver meat fish or meat? I know in the middle ages it was a fish, you could eat it on Fridays.
>>
>>8540485
Sea meat. Dumb ass
>>
>>8540485
I consider the flesh or organs of any animal a type of meat.
>>
>>8543739
Neat trivia!

I wonder if this means you could eat whale on Fridays? You know, if you were an explorer and wanted to stay on your religious P's and Q's to avoid becoming some Middle Ages Jonah.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.