[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MRE thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: mre-contents-800.jpg (94KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
mre-contents-800.jpg
94KB, 800x489px
MRE thread?
>>
>>8533643
Chicken tomato feta is my favorite
>>
>>8533660
Nice
>>
I used to eat MREs when I was a Boy Scout. I thought the tiny Tabasco was the coolest thing in the world.
>>
>>8533643
Fuck you.
>>
>>8533675
You can actually buy 6 packs of tiny Tabasco at some stores if you know where to look
>>8533677
Why?
>>
Cheese Tortellini has Reese's Pieces 90% of the time. It also has a 75% chance of having hot sauce.

Cheese Tortellini best MRE.
>>
Nice, lets put that on a tray
>>
MREs are god tier but really expensive
>>
N I C E
I
C
E

I'm getting an mre this sunday from a friend who's in the military. I know its going to be bad but its for the experience.
>>
>>8534383
Take pictures of it, and post it
>>
If I get these from Amazon, is it essentially the same as the military version, or am I buying some kind of watered down, useless version?
>>
>>8534507
Civilian rations are pretty nice and have a lot of the same stuff, but they're just not the same as the military ones, they dont have the same kind appeal.

This Video has some good info on how to get rations, both civilian and military.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3huIORWVmis
>>
File: 1440905284887.jpg (241KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1440905284887.jpg
241KB, 480x360px
hate these things, try eating these 3 times a day for a month. Favorite is probably the meatball one. I get out in 2 months lads, and i couldnt be happier. fuck the army
>>
>>8534656
>try eating these 3 times a day for a month
when was the last time you took a crap?
>>
>>8534669
they never plugged me up that bad honestly.
>>8534507
why in the hell would you want to buy these
>>
>>8534680
Not that anon, but i think they are very interesting. the food science behind these things is really cool, and I want to eat one.
>>
For me, it's the chicken pesto pasta, the best US MRE.

>>8533748
>>8534383
Absolutely nice.
>>
Where can i get some rations that have a Nice Hiss?
>>
>>8533748
Definitely gonna give that a try.
>>
>>8533643

Why don't we get that out on the tray?
>>
>>8534680
Civilians are fascinated by MRE's. The idea of them is cooler than the reality of having to eat them on a long-term basis.
>>
File: IMG_1197.jpg (1MB, 3195x2330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1197.jpg
1MB, 3195x2330px
I can open this if anyone's interested?
>>
>>8533643
Nice
>>
>>8535335
yes please
>>
>>8535335
Please do
>>
>>8533693
Also my favorite, along with chicken pesto, and chicken and dumplings before they gor rid of it.
>>
>>8533643
Why are these shits so expensive?
It's just garbage with long shelf life, just like all the cheap crap in the store. It's not nutritionally balanced, it doesn't require insane machinery to produce (freeze-dried sure but it's a one-time expense). Why can't they sell them at a reasonable price for people who's into trekking and autist fags who like single serving shit.
>>
>>8533643
Chili Mac is the best. Get some of the Jalapeno Cheese and cook it with the Chili Mac.

Or i put that cheese with the spaghetti fucking god tier.
>>
>>8536506
-small target audience
-target audience is willing to pay premium
-shit has to be proven to be edible for multiple years
-loads of expensive packaging, no cheap plastic
-they still add a shitload of stuff like vitamins
>>
>>8536506
People buy mountain house if they want freeze dried.
>>
I have three boxes of MREs from a past hurricane
>>
>>8537117
send me some
>>
>>8535335

Realistically a better pack than the MRE, although not as fancy. See also the German packs.
>>
>>8535335
Doit
>>
>>8535968

I would be very hesitant to eat the meat in MRE's honestly. I imagine it having an odd texture, probably dry and just a weird taste which is probably mitigated due to all the sauce/spice/salt
>>
Lemon-lime drink packet is the best.
>>
>>8533643
Is this a monthly thread now I mean fuck how many varieties of MREs and rough shit stories can there be?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.