[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumpsterdiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: dumpster nobabies.jpg (37KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
dumpster nobabies.jpg
37KB, 640x479px
Have you ever? What was your best catch? have you ever gotten caught?
>>
Nigga just go to a cheap food depot. No reason to dig around in the trash
>>
>>8533011
I cut off all contact with a girl I was fucking because she said she went dumpster diving. She's white. There's just no god damn reason to get your food where you put your filth.
>>
>fucking millennials prioritize their cell phone bills over food
>>
What about direct life hazards like glass pieces? Toilet garbage bags? Fuck I'd rather die.
>>
>>8533183
People don't shit in dumpsters, anon
>>
>>8533238

Probably a bong or a greek.
>>
>>8533020
What's a food depot?
>>
I can't understand being too poor for food. It's so fucking cheap.
>>
>>8533805
It's not necessarily about poverty. A lot of people do it because freeganism and anti-waste.
>>
>>8533828
Maybe buy the food before it winds up in the dumpster, then.
>>
>>8533848
Google freeganism
>>
I used to work at Babbages and I was familiar with how great the stuff that went into their dumpsters was so after everybody who would just hook me up with the trash finally moved on and I no longer had the good connections at Gamestop, I would dumpster dive but THEN they moved locations and started sharing a dumpster with a restaurant. Never again.
>>
best find ever was approx. 1200 ball park hot franks.
i will never ear another ball park frank as long as i live
>>
>>8533011
I do it on weekends as a hobby. Can easily pull a weeks worth of excellent food from a few choice dumpsters. Sealed bread, dented canned goods, sealed bagged vegetables and fruit, beef with a bit of discoloring from oxidation, liquor and wine bottles that are 1/4-1/2 full.

Routinely find pawnable electronics and appliances and lawn equipment that just needs a new sparkplug and oil change. The most valuable item I found was a 9mm handgun that was probably used to kill someone, kek.
>>
>>8533951
What did you do with the gun?

I once found a gangster chain in solid gold. Pawned it for 400 bucks.
>>
>>8533951
Why would someone toss out wine bottles that haven't been finished
>>
>>8533997
maybe they like to drink but are too stupid to cook.
>>
>>8533977
I killed someone with it. No, seriously, I pawned it for $150.
>>
>>8533036
was that REALLY the only reason? c'mon now
>>
File: inlinr.png (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
inlinr.png
44KB, 540x540px
>>8533951
>The most valuable item I found was a 9mm handgun

>>8533977
>I once found a gangster chain in solid gold.

da fuck

where the fuck are you guys dumpster diving?
>>
>>8534012
Now when the gun gets traced back to a murder your name and information will be on record at the pawn shop as the one who sold it. Good job!
>>
>>8533011
I dumpster dive for 2x4's, other lumber off cuts, styrofoam, useful electronic scraps and shit like that for projects. Never tried to get food. Not sure if I would. Never been "caught". Either no one is there, or somebody is and I just say: "hey, mind if if I look for some scrap wood?" They never mind.
>>
>>8534035
I'm the guy that found the 9mm.
I won't give the specific location because I don't want an influx of hipster dumpster divers competing, but it's a relatively large metropolitan area. Not one of the biggest (I can still drive my car to select dumpsters and find parking nearby) and it's probably why they haven't locked them behind barriers because it isn't considered a nuisance.
>>
>>8534057
>doesn't have a legitimate drivers license in a different name in 2017.

Maybe I save enough money dumpster diving as a hobby that I can afford that. Get better son.
>>
File: freegans.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
freegans.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Learn how to fish and mooch greens from a community garden. Carbs are dirt cheap, rice going for $20 a bag and will last you 1-2 months.

I seriously hope this isn't a ideological endeavor like pic related.
>>
>>8533011
Never dumpster dived for food. Back in the day, people would throw out working computers. got a lot of good stuff that way that I could refurbish and resell or keep because it was serviceable condition. I take it it's not much different: bad smells, sketchy people and the possible need to do it while armed.
>>
>>8533011
>no babies
>>
>>8534145
Ever been to an anti-abortion country?
>>
>>8533011
I tried this one night, several years ago, after reading about it. All the trashcans were locked. All the supermarkets used trash compactors.
>>
>>8534156
>All the supermarkets used trash compactors.
This. I actually looked around, and every single store bigger than a mom-and-pop used a trash compactor. There's fucking nothing out there.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.