[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup, co/ck/s. Made a pork butt up the other day. Cut the skin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Soup, co/ck/s.

Made a pork butt up the other day. Cut the skin off and saved it in the fridge in a Ziploc freezer bag.

Can I make something out of this like pork rinds or something? What's your recipe?
>>
>>8531099
Dehydrate it and store it in the fridge
Cut it into 1x1 or 2x2 cm squares and deep fry until crispy
season and you have some good chicharrones
>>
>>8531105
Don't own a dehydrater
>>
>>8531110
Just do it in the oven overnight on a low temp
Make sure you get rid of all the fat though
>>
>>8531110
http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/pork-rinds-chicharron.html
Read the process here first result on google
>>
>>8531115
Most thin stuff doesn't even need the oven turned on, just the light. But I would do minimum temp and monitor it for these.
>>
>>8531099
You can just cut it into thin strips (half an inch by an inch) and throw them in the oven on high until they crisp up to make scratchings. It's different from chicharrones, and you better have good teeth, but it's delicious. Keep an eye on them because they'll burn fast though.
>>
>>8531099
Make sisig
>>
>>8531099
Why would you cut the skin off the joint? The crackling is the best part.

Pat down with a cloth/paper towels, score it, add oil, salt and pepper. Stick in the oven on high.

You now have pork scratchings.
>>
>>8532705
>Why would you cut the skin off the joint? The crackling is the best part.

Depends on what OP did with it. If he made sausage then the skin is obviously unwanted. If he made "pulled pork" or something similar then he wouldn't get crackling at all. He'd only get crackling if he roasted it in the oven.
>>
Boil it for about ten minutes. Scrape the fat off the inside and cut into large strips. Dry in the oven until it's hard like plastic. Cook in hot oil until it puffs up. Wa la!
>>
>>8531135
When we're talking about meat the temperature should be at least 155 F. That's the setting for jerky on most dehydrators. There's no setting for that on an oven so yes, you would put it on minimum heat.
>>
Is it a nice farm pork? Add salt and garlic and forget about it for three days. Eat it with the best bread you can find.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.