[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cooked chicken smells bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: chicken.jpg (261KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
261KB, 1600x1200px
Why does my cooked chicken smell? I buy chicken breast, bring it home, brine for 15 mins, bake, and freeze in zip lock bags. Once frozen, they smell like sulfur. They don't smell when raw or after reheating. I also haven't gotten sick from eating these every day for months.
>>
why aren't you freezing the raw chicken and cooking for each meal?
>>
My freezer smells fine too btw.

>>8529851
Cooking in one batch per week is more convenient.
>>
>>8529843
What's jack doing in a chicken suit?
>>
>>8529843
that's some very nice skin detail
when will pixar be good again
>>
>>8529843
do you brine it in sulfur?
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 214x235px
>>8529843
>Once frozen, they smell like sulfur. They don't smell when raw or after reheating.
Chicken has extremely high sulfur content and arsenic, which makes it have that smell.
Seriously stop eating that shit, it may be healthier than pork, but it's not fucking healthy relative to some black beans.
>>
>>8529843

are you squeezing as much air out from the bag as possible before freezing?
>>
>>8529960
Why doesn't it smell while raw then? Does heat play a role?

>>8529961
I am. I throw them in the freezer with the bags partially open since they're still warmish and not completely cool. I close the bags later. Maybe the sulfur in the meat evaporates after cooking and gets trapped with the meat in the bag.
>>
>>8530014

>I throw them in the freezer with the bags partially open since they're still warmish and not completely cool

This might be your problem. try sealing it completely and cool it in the fridge, then before transferring to freezer re-open and re-seal after squeezing all the air out again.
>>
>>8529960
>high sulfur content and arsenic

spook
>>
File: chicken2.jpg (21KB, 288x248px) Image search: [Google]
chicken2.jpg
21KB, 288x248px
>>8530033
I'll give it a shot. I don't want chicken cancer.
>>
>>8530014
>Does heat play a role?
Heat naturally breaks down the biological structure of cells and thus some of the nutrients (or garbage) within are released or exposed and thus emit smells.
So yes.

It might smell like that raw if you leave it out for a day or two as it'll decompose a bit and thus the structure will get compromised.

>>8530041
lol okay enjoy your arsenic and sulfur burps m8
>>
>>8529855
>doesn't follow proper food storage procedure
>wonders why his food sucks

Welcome to /ck/ folks!
>>
>>8530014
>Does heat play a role?

Of course it does. Heat makes chemicals evaporate thus allowing you to smell them.

Also:
1) Brining for 15 minutes is totally useless. It takes much longer than that to actually acheive anything.

2) Supermarket chicken is almost assuredly frozen before you bought it. Re-freezing meat is not a good idea. It's not dangerous, but it will fuck with the texture and flavor.
>>
>>8530321
That makes sense.

>>8530324
Thanks for the heads up on brining. No wonder I couldn't taste the difference. I know the ice crystals fuck up the texture, but I'm just cooking for myself so I don't mind.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.