[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a hot sauce to buy for someone who wants something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: hot+sauces.jpg (518KB, 1000x553px) Image search: [Google]
hot+sauces.jpg
518KB, 1000x553px
Recommend me a hot sauce to buy for someone who wants something hotter than supermarket generics, Franks, Sriracha etc but not retardedly hot for the sake of hot.
>>
>>8527837
Nothing beats regular Tabasco. With that said it depends on what does offer unless you are buying online for inflated prices.
Stores carry tropical pepper brand, and they're ghost pepper sauce is hot. Just get any real hot sauce and use sparingly. If you have a Firehouse subs closely you can try all the success you want. Some fucking hot ones:
>357 Magnum
>100% pain
>eXtreme
>>
Texas Pete is great, it's what Chick-fil-a uses and it's available in supermarkets. Has great taste and just enough spice to put it above Frank's and others.

If you wanna go further than entry level look up Time's Up Reaper Hot Sauce - the red tomato kind. It's my absolute favorite hot sauce and I've tried many

>>8527894
I tried 357's 3mil scoville and it's repulsive. The only thing I can see myself using it for is chili or something. It just sits on my windowsill and is the only untouched bottle amongst all my others
>>
>>8527837
El Yucateco is a general go-to. The brown-colored XXX Mayan recipe is tasty and hot. So is the red kind. Neither are unbearable.
>>
File: IMG_1161.jpg (32KB, 248x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1161.jpg
32KB, 248x406px
>>8527894

Tobacco is literal shit-tier hot sauce. It's made with weak as fuck cyanne peppers, and it tastes like an unwashed Mexican asshole. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.

>>8527837
Try blair's hot sauces. They taste pretty good, and they have a lot of different heat levels. The absolute best tasting hot sauce I have ever tried is this tho. Dexter from the offspring owns the company. Not too spicy, but not bitch sauce, and fucking great taste!
>>
>>8527907
I was referring to the regular hot sauce, not fucking pepper spray.
anything made with capsiacin extract is fucking shit.
>>
File: 148591970924711698690.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
148591970924711698690.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>8527837
>>
>>8527931
*Tobasco

Fucking auto-correct...
>>
You need to find a sauce you like and then try to find one that tastes the same but is hotter. I really like the reggae reggae BBQ sauce got it at woolies I think. Just look around it's not hard to find something that tastes s good and is spicy.
>>
>>8527931
This guy know's what's up. Franks is garbage and tobasco is vinegar water.
Make your own salsa with ghosts and you'll never go back to hot sauce.
I haven't used it in a decade because I grew up.
>>
>>8527932
I thought I would test my limits. When I tried it I realized there becomes a point where hot sauce simply isn't edible/enjoyable, and those who claim to like it are just total tryhards. The reaper sauce I mentioned is the most flavorful yet spicy hot sauce I've ever had and I love it
>>
>>8527947
You enjoy ghost peppers too? I fucking love the flavor, it's great, just haven't seen any reapers come to these parts or I'd give them a shot too.
>>
>>8527931
Tabasco isnt the best sauce on the planet, but if you like a basic vinegar-based sauce (peppers, vinegar, salt) then its the best of it's class. if youre some bearded hipster saucefag well obviously thats not gonna cut it for you.

Also Tabasco is made with tabasco peppers.
>>
>>8527931
Dexter's sauce has 0 heat and is overloaded with cumin. There should have been a verse in The Kids Aren't Alright about how that sauce destroys meals.
>>
El Yucateco Caribbean.
>>
>>8527966

You're right about the pepper type. I stand corrected.

>>8527969

You sound like someone who doesn't like any cumin at all, or do you use a half bottle at a time?
>>
>>8527990
Dexter, your year-old sauce is mediocre. Deal with it.
>>
>>8527990
cumin makes everything taste like armpits
>>
File: Scotch_Bonnet_Pepper_sauce.jpg (8KB, 169x400px) Image search: [Google]
Scotch_Bonnet_Pepper_sauce.jpg
8KB, 169x400px
Step aside white bois, the Jamaicans have already found it.
>>
File: nagajolokia-e1416999615461.png (125KB, 163x500px) Image search: [Google]
nagajolokia-e1416999615461.png
125KB, 163x500px
>>8527837
here's the best sauce i've ever had, pic related
>>
Melinda's is pretty good. I usually get one of the XXX+ varieties.
>>
>>8528092
Is that shit even legal?
>>
Pic related is most definitely hotter than tabasco, but doesn't compromise on flavor.

Has a lot of heat but a really enjoyable tropical flavor as well.
>>
File: yuca.jpg (6KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
yuca.jpg
6KB, 240x320px
would also recommend this one.
>>
>>8528175
>go to a Hispanic super market
>costs $3

>go to a Jamaican market
>costs $6

???
>>
>>8528160
are those whole seeds floating around in the mixture i see?
fuck that looks tasty
>>
>>8528177
not bad, but the red and black reserve varieties are better
>>
>>8527837
Been in these threads before...So first you have your two camps--thick like ketchup or watery tabasco-vinegar. The former usually goes garlic heavy, like Sriracha, the latter is vinegar-salt-then-heat combo...

There's argument between these two camps, although the watery-salt-vinegar side has 20 times more products on the market. Dave's insanity sauce, for example...bought it, tried to put some on a wrap...water-salt-vinegar, then heat...Sriracha; garlic, salt, heat.

So here's my own mix that will fuck you up, with the right consistency. SAMBAL OELEK BASE. Stir in preferred brand of hot salsa. Pickled serrano peppers. Blend, add cayenne powder to liking. Ends up being thick enough--with no fucking vinegar--that you can make on the cheap. Red pepper flakes optional. You can make a shit-ton of this hellfire for less than a shitty bottle of some ultimately disappointing "high end" sauce...
>>
File: 1411803939792.png (406KB, 570x489px) Image search: [Google]
1411803939792.png
406KB, 570x489px
>>8528382
>Blend, add cayenne powder

Opinion is now invalidated.
>>
>>8528473
you make'a no sense....cayenne powder creates heat on the cheap...unless you're a whole foods/portlandia kind of guy. Disreguard this foo-foo and and add cayenne powder.
>>
>>8527907
357 tastes like a kick in the throat.
It's named quite well, I imagine a .357 mag being shot from out of my mouth would be a very similar experience.
But it didn't taste good. Just the sensation of scalding my mouth without the numbing effect of tissue damage, and a faint chemical odor.
>>
>>8528160
desu this is what i use
>>
>>8527837
I quite like hot oil and garlic chili paste but you probably shouldn't trust the chink on that one.

I like that they can add heat without affecting flavor too much, yet they aren't flavorless themselves.

They're like the guy that's great at whatever you're doing but will step aside every time you want a go cause he's a bro like that.
>>
>>8527837
Da dombs ground zero
>>
>>8527837
El Yucateco brown
>>
>>8527837
If you haven't had Aardvark, give it a try. It's great.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.