[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vitamin B12 Consumption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: WIN_20170131_210458.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170131_210458.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
Hey guys. I'm worried about my vitamin B12 consumption, as I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian (mostly). I heard that you can only get B12 from either animal sources or supplementing. I'm eating this for dinner tonight and I notice that it has a lot of B12 in it, even though it's vegan. I just read on the internet that the vitamin B12 in plants is not the kind that you want, apparently. What do you think?
Also, how much B12 does one need in a day, exactly? Is 3 hard boiled eggs good as a staple?

Sorry if I sound like a dumbass, I'm new to the whole nutrition thing.
>>
how the fuck could you be a vegetarian but be uninformed about nutrition? did you watch a video of a cow getting smashed in the head on YouTube and conclude hurr i don't like that?

>vegetarian
>buys overpriced meme tv dinners

kys
>>
>>8527665
>>8527665
Can you not be so mean to me please. I'm just asking if this B12 that is apparently from wheat or something is as good as B12 from meat or supplement.
>>
>>8527665
Hey man im thinking about going veg too, but that's because i simply don't mind meat anymore and i find most meats disgusting.
I could give a shit if animals get killed desu
>>
File: IMG_1160.png (128KB, 1954x1783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1160.png
128KB, 1954x1783px
>>8527692
Forget b12. What you need is k. Lots of vitamin k! As much as you can find! Don't bother reading it, you can trust me! Would a random anon on 4chan ever lie?
>>
>>8527692
You are vegetarian not vegan so you get b12 from eggs and milk, along with any fortification in products.

If you are worried about not meeting nutritional requirements just take a multivitamin and make sure you eat healthy and varied. You'll be fine.
>>
>>8527659
You'd get all the B12 you needed from 2 eggs a day. Look up chicken eggs on wikipedia or something. Bare minimum effort here...

This guy's >>8528999 a retard troll. You get all the vitamin K you'd need from dark green leafy vegetables.

>>8529076
This poster is correct. A varied vegetarian diet (of mostly fresh foods) is perfectly healthy.
>>
>>8527659
You dont know anything about vegetarianism. Dont bother you'll give up in a week or two when your mom brings home your favorite tendies.
>>
>>8528999
Is that a trollface? What year is it?
>>
>>8529991
I was worried he might actually do it and kill himself if I didn't add the troll face...
>>
>>8527659
get blood tests, you'll get a definitive answer that way. You probably will have to, the ammounts from animal byproducts (ie milk, eggs) isn't that great and there aren't that many great sources out there. You can get the pill supplements but you can save if your insurance will cover injections, should you choose that route.
>>
>>8529104
It's literally impossible to get enough b12 from eggs if you eat nothing but eggs.

>>8527659
Just get the damn tablets. It's the same shit added to grain based animal feed, so you're taking it either way.
>>
>>8527659
>>8527659
B12 is gotten from meat, eggs, milk and green-leafed vegetables.
The B12 reserves in the body last a lot, so you shouldnt worry about it.

Worry about iron, though.
>>
>>8529991
its not trollface its epic fail jester newfag
>>
File: Xeragenx_Stomach_Problematic_Web.jpg (841KB, 2000x2569px) Image search: [Google]
Xeragenx_Stomach_Problematic_Web.jpg
841KB, 2000x2569px
>>8531003
This, and because it's so poorly absorbed by the body you need either a 2500mcg/week or 250 mcg daily dose to achieve the current RDA values of 4-7mcg effective in your bloodstream (they are cheap as dirt so it doesn't matter).
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cheapest-source-of-vitamin-b12/
>>
File: 1475899701679.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475899701679.png
44KB, 657x527px
>tfw fourteen-eighty-eight ethical veganaryanmasterrace toobeeonnest
>>
>>8527659
An egg a day keeps the gayness away
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.