[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyway to skip over the prep-cooking process? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5954.jpg (514KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5954.jpg
514KB, 2000x1333px
Is there anyway to skip over the prep-cooking process? I'm just a dishwasher but I notice it wastes a lot of time in the kitchen I work at.
>>
>>8527080
>prepping
>wasting time
Kill yourself
>>
No, you goddamn moron
>>
File: image124187.jpg (24KB, 349x301px) Image search: [Google]
image124187.jpg
24KB, 349x301px
yeah,
>>
>>8527080
>just a dishwasher but I notice prep wastes a lot of time in the kitchen I work at.

That's why you're a dishwasher. Stay a dishwasher and don't observe what's going on, mongoloid.
>>
>>8527080
Prep is a slog, for sure. You've got to get up early or extremely early (if your restaurant does breakfast), the hours are long, and it's not as glamorous as the line. But you learn your foundations there that will help you at home or any restaurant you go to. Making sauces and developing knife skills/speed are particularly useful. I wouldn't skip to the line if I were you.
>>
Prep gives you the understanding of the dishes you are making. This is and extremely valuable tool both at work and at home. Prep is the foundation for cooking. Yea you can cook without understanding it but you wont be able to create amazing dishes without understanding prep and why it's important .
>>
Yes. Join the pastry station. It's prep-heavy but you get tickets during service. Beats feeling like a prep cook who never gets a slice of the action.

However, if you want to master savory, you will definitely need to put in plenty of time on prep.

On the other hand, prep has its positives:

>set hours. people on the line have to stay until the last table orders. even better, you might leave be able to leave early if you finish your list and don't want more hours.
>daytime hours. it feels like you have more of a life when working in the daytime than it does when you go work nights and don't even get home until 2-3 AM.
>can possibly listen to music
>can be very zen if you have a positive attitude about it
>like the other guy said, is the best way to improve your knife cuts and such

the worst thing about prep IMO is doing super-mundane projects like making batters, dressings, washing lettuce, doing caramelized onions, portioning stuff
>>
File: cunt.jpg (30KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
30KB, 600x399px
>>8527080
>not prepping food
>file name relevant
>>
im a line cook at a small mom n pop place and i do almost all my own prep. It's extremely important to learn good knife skills and speed when it comes to stuff like dicing tomatoes, onions, peppers, preparing sauces, salsas, cheeses, meats, all that. line cooking is more stressful and thats why it pays more. prep is just the other side of the coin at a lot of places.
>>
>>8527080
Ya
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.