[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Got one of these. I fallowed the instructions and it has been two weeks now. According to the instruction I am now supposed to start bottling in single beer bottle and allowing the fermentation process to continue for another two week in the bottle.

However; I don't know if I did it right because the bubbling the glower jug stopped after three days (the instructions said I needed to clean the airlock after the first three days).

How do I know that I am ready to start bottling? I have made a couple of previous threads and I read varying opinions on whether I should let it sit in the glower for a longer period of time and that bottling it would turn it into a bomb or some such thing. The cider still isn't clear and their has been any bubbles on the surface in some time (only bubbles I've seen are in the airlock)
>>
>>8523554

You're following a hard cider kit, which is nothing more than an introduction into hard cider making. Precision and procedures are boiled down to only what is most necessary.

Fermentation continues even after airlock activity has ceased, especially if airlock activity was noted three days ago. Bottle as per instructions. The cider will clear up more in the bottle, and will continue to build pressure and carbonate.
>>
>>8523554
Like Papazian says in "The Joy of Homebrewing," stop fucking worrying. You're not going to hurt yourself. Just bottle it when they said to and buy a book on cider making to get better.
>>
>>8523733

>book on cider making

What a waste. I'll save you 20 dollars OP. The smaller and mealier the apples, the better the juice. Most orchards will press juice for you. The longer you let it ferment, the clearer the juice will get. Sanitize everything. Fining agents exist and are available at home brew stores but are more for cosmetics than the taste of the beer. If you follow the above and still want to make better quality cider, find better apples, improve your sanitizing procedures, and invest in better equipment.

There, no need for a book.
>>
>>8523779
>no need for a book

God forbid someone might actually spend their money on a book they could use as a reference. Why the hell don't we just implement 451F? Oh, I forgot, maybe we will soon.
>>
>>8524081

God forbid somebody actually makes an informed decision before dropping the money on a book all just because "muh knowledge is power"

I'm speaking from experience here. If you possess the bottom shelf kits like OP and/or have just one ferment under your belt, purchasing a book right now is utterly superfluous.

Right now, you should still be seeking to decide if you want to take cider-making to the next step or not. If you are a couple ferments in and realize you don't like all the cleaning or do not have the patience to enjoy it, you'd be glad you didn't buy a book on it that is now better served securing loose papers from the occasional draft in the room.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.