[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kidney Beanz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: BEANZ.jpg (2MB, 2352x1568px) Image search: [Google]
BEANZ.jpg
2MB, 2352x1568px
A friend just gave me a bag of dry kidney beans. They're not my favorite, but I wasn't going to let her throw them out. Any ideas for uses, /ck/?
>>
Red beans and rice is the only acceptable answer.
>>
>>8521730
this
especially with some nice bean gravy:

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/02/vegan-red-beans-rice/
>>
>A friend
>her
Sure anon, right. You have a female friend.
Thanks for telling us you attention whore.
Post her tits with timestamp, or gtfo.

Also, red beans are toxic.
>>
make maracas
>>
>>8521730
>Literally didn't even cross my mind.

Thank you for the based reply.
>>
chili
>>
>>8521727
i used to make this sort of bbq-sauce with those,crushed tomatoes,bacon. can't remember anything more but it was godtier. sort of smoky&sweet with a bit of spicyness so i think i had some chili too.
also chili con carne is good with those
>>
>>8521727
So you were at her place she was tossing beans and you were like hold up that's like a dollor. I'll take those beans instead! Even though you don't like them.
Dude how poor are you?
>>
>>8521776
>wasting food for no reason
>wasting money for no reason
>>
>>8521727
buy a biggole smoked pork shoulder and some andoulli sausage, simmer with the beans, some chopped onion, celery and peppers. salt and pepper and some thyme. after a while take the pork out and take it off the bone, mash most of the beans in the pot with the bottom of a spoon or something, but the pork back in and serve over rice my guy
>>
>>8521814
Sold. Consider this done.
>>
>>8521776
I'm not poor at all, but her roommate moved out and left them, she didn't want them, she knows I think food waste is a crime against humanity, so she offered and I accepted.

Which loops us back to why I'm not a fucking poorfag like you probably are, you sorry-ass cuck: waste not, want not.
>>
>>8521814
>>8521840
don't forget some cayenne or crushed red pepper
>>
>>8521776
And it's not just 'a dollar.' Have you no appreciation for the resources used to grow, harvest, transport, clean, package, store, transport further, and sell the beans?

The planet as well as the 7 billion mouths on it would like to say, 'Fuck you very much."
>>
File: lobio-with-mchadi[1].jpg (2MB, 3188x4139px) Image search: [Google]
lobio-with-mchadi[1].jpg
2MB, 3188x4139px
There are two Georgian dishes based around kidney beans.

One is called lobio, essentially a kidney bean stew. The other is called lobiani, basically bread filled with mashed kidney beans. You might want to try them.
>>
>>8521727

be careful OP

>This toxic agent is found in many species of beans, but it is in highest concentration in red kidney beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). The unit of toxin measure is the hemagglutinating unit (hau). Raw kidney beans contain from 20,000 to 70,000 hau, while fully cooked beans contain from 200 to 400 hau.

>To cook, place the soaked kidney beans in a pan and cover with a fresh change of cold water, then bring to the boil. The beans must boil for ten minutes to destroy the toxin.
>>
Howsabout bean pie?

Soak half pound/225g of beans.
Skin the beans as best you can.
Cook the beans.
Mash the beans.
Purée the beans with a tin of condensed milk (12oz/400g), a bit of vanilla, a half stick/60g of softened butter, four eggs and just enough whole milk as necessary for processing (add everything but the milk to the blender, starting with the eggs at the bottom with the blades, then blitz it all together, adding a tablespoon or two of milk at a time until it turns into something resembling a thick batter).
>if you like pumpkin/apple/sweet potato pie, add "pie spice" to taste; I don't use any cuz I hate the stuff
Strain the mixture through a fine sieve then pour into a pie crust.
Bake in oven hotted up to 350°/175° until set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
Cool and serve.

Makes 6-8 servings.
>>
>>8521727
Louisiana Monday night red beans and rice, Georgian lobio and South Asian rajma are the best dishes for red kidney beans.
>>
Keep them around to blind bake pies/pastries.
>>
make some beans
>>
>>8522413
wow, good to know.

I thought I knew a lot about beans.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.