[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/beer/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FLorters.jpg (211KB, 900x900px)
FLorters.jpg
211KB, 900x900px
Beer General. What are you drinking?

The best porters come from Florida. Rest of the US, are you even trying?!
>>
>>8521587

Weird, I always associated porters with colder weather.

Also, I'm pretty sure I just saw a commercial on TV for a dating site exclusively for farmers. Kek.
>>
>>8521606
Isn't it weird? I literally had that conversation with my friend at the bar the other day.

Funky Buddha alone dominates the top of the porter lists on places like Untappd and BA, and Bell Cow and Puppy's Breath are pretty reasonable competition for them, as well. That's strange coming from the warmest state in the union.

What's also weird is I was just talking to that same friend about FarmersOnly.com. . .
>>
File: spellboundporter[1].jpg (29KB, 283x300px) Image search: [Google]
spellboundporter[1].jpg
29KB, 283x300px
>>8521587
I'm sure those are really good but this porter from New Jersey is the best I've ever had. We've got good stuff up here too.
>>
Kissimmee here.

CIGAR CITY REPRESENT.

Yuengling is also the best cheap/casual beer.
>>
>>8521620
I've had lots of good porters from lots of states, but a ridiculous amount come from Florida. And that's not just my exposure, they dominate reviews and lists, as well.

And it's honestly pretty weird.

We can't do sours for shit, though.
>>
>>8521629
>We can't do sours for shit, though.
In the northeast we've got great sours. I love sours but they're always expensive.
>>
>>8521587
Last time i was in Florida, I puked up a Milk Stout, first time a beer has made me puke since college. Probably not the best idea to drink one hungover after a huge breakfast at Waffle House. I figured if it didn't kill me, it'd cure me. The next day I sat on the beach and killed a 6er of Cream Ale and a Pub Sub so the story ended up happily ever after.
>>
>>8521684
Last time I puked from Svedka, marking the first time I did so in over 10 years.

Can't stand most vodka anymore, especially that Svedka shit.
>>
I've been slamming some porters and stouts lately. What's a crisp, refreshing lager I can buy in the US? No adjunct shit.
>>
>>8521629
This is probably because Florida water is hard as fuck, so it makes good stouts and porters.
>>
>>8521697
where you at? That would help a lot.
>>
>>8521702
neat, i know Fl water is hard as balls but how does that help with stouts and porters? Does it hide the taste or does the mineral content help the flavor?
>>
>>8521713
I'm not exactly sure of the details, but I once watched a documentary about beer that mentioned that Ireland had good stouts because of its hard water and Germany has good lagers because of its soft water.

>>8521711
Alabama
>>
>>8521684
What milk stout was it?

>>8521697
Depends on where you're from. In Florida, the best target is probably Tampa Style Lager from Cigar City. I'm not a big lager fan, but I will drink it.

>>8521702
That's a really interesting theory, and I'm going to run with it.

>>8521758
You probably have access to Tampa Style, then. Give it shot, see if it's what you want.

I don't know anything about Alabama breweries. As far as nationally available, maybe Mama's Little Yella Pils?
>>
>>8521783
it was a rabbit/duckhead brewery. I should have just got the Cigar City Maduro, but I thought since it was noon I should have a milk stout.
>>
>>8521902
I will say, I love milk stouts, and love The Duck-Rabbit, but they make pretty far from my favorite milk stout. I don't hate it, though.
>>
>>8521914
well, the only other milk stout I had ever really had was the Left Hand Double Bag, so I felt pretty confident i could down it no prob, the cigar probably didn't help either. When in Ybor tho, right?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.