[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kvass thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

let's talk about the greatest Slav beverage.
this time I made 5 liters with pumpernickel and brown sugar. also I used power yeast that can produce up to 20%vol of alcohol.
it's been exactly one week since i started fermentation and it still tastes too sweet to be done.
how long will it take to reach the best balance of sweetness and alcohol?
>>
>>8519537

is it still bubbling?
did you use an airlock?
did you add any yeast nutrient?

looks like it's capped air tight, which will cause the liquid to become more acidic as the CO2 is dissolved into it.

If you just added bread and brown sugar, your yeast won't do great, even if you used "super distillers yeast." Also, that yeast will taste like shit as it produces a lot of fermentation byproducts that arent meant to make it past the still.

Best of luck xoxoxo
>>
>>8519537
Probably should have just used a champagne yeast like Lavlin EC1118. But you probably shouldn't shhoot for an abv higher than 13% or so to be palatable. As another anon said, you start getting into those super high gravity yeasts, there are going to be some strong off flavors.
>>
>>8519564
it is still bubbling, I didn't leave it air tight, I use a pipe with water that lets the co2 out (i forgot what it's called).
i hope the yeast won't taste too bad, last time it was alright.
what else except bread and sugar can/should I use?
>>
>>8519857
for kvass? ... nah, you got it. You could hop it, which would help with the sweetness, but it wouldn't be "authentic"

With your power yeast, you will probably have to wait a while, and keep it kind of chilly if you can (10-15C). It will clean house for a week or two, then take up to a month to correct itself. You might need to rack it off once or twice too - once at a week, once at 2 either into a tertiary fermentation, or into the final vessel to carbonate if that's your bag.
>>
>>8519950
Also, a touch of lactobacillus wouldn't hurt. Kvass strikes me as something that would have been originally spontaneously fermented.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.