[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Japanese food so pretentious? Especially when it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 28

File: ramen.jpg (61KB, 612x370px) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
61KB, 612x370px
Why is Japanese food so pretentious? Especially when it's done by white people?
>depressed and half drunk, gf broke up with me last night, get hungry
>decide to go to this local sushi and ramen place that I've been wanting to try
>it's run by two Millennial white people, a cuck and his gf
>get there
>ask for a bowl of ramen to go
>"Uh, sorry, we don't do ramen to go, you have to eat it here"
>look in the trash can and notice they serve it in disposable plastic bowls
>"Am I not allowed to keep the bowl or something?"
>"No, sorry you don't understand, you can't eat ramen more than a couple minutes after it's made, it messes with the flavors and texture"
>"Dude, I don't care about all that pretentious shit, I just want a bowl of noodles to eat at home"
>"Sorry man, I can't serve you it unless you eat it here"
360 and moonwalk out

Seriously, fuck these ramen hipsters. It's just the fucking Japanese equivalent of chicken noodle soup, it doesn't need to be made by a ramen samurai who studied for 30 years in Kyoto and slurped down within 30 seconds of making it to preserve the delicate chemical balance in the noodles or some shit

And my apartment was literally a 2 minute drive from the place
>>
You sound fat and sad. Good luck.
>>
>a fried pork cutlet on white rice with curry sauce made from a bagged mix
OMG so pretentious!
>>
>>8518868
I can't find the subscribe button for this blog, can anyone help?
>>
>ramen to go
Just buy a pack of instant ramen if that's what you want
>>
>>8518876
That's the point I'm making, retard. The food itself is good but isn't overly complex or difficult, and yet hipsters insist on making every Japanese food item out to be some divine mystery with perfectly balanced flavor that can only be eaten in an exact and specific way or it tastes like shit

They're worse than wine snobs almost. I actually had some faggot tell me once that you can't eat sushi with a fork because it, quote, "bruises the fish," as if my fucking teeth wont be doing that in 2 seconds anyways
>>
>>8518879
maybe you need a 4chan gold account
>>
>>8518880
Then you have to make all the other stuff and add it yourself, like the vegetables and pork and egg, and I don't have time for that. Their menu online looked really good, it's just a shame the guy was a douchebag
>>
>>8518883
Probably, anyway back to the matter in hand, is OP a colossal faggot?
>>
>>8518868
That's really stupid and snobby, I'm with you OP

If they knew the first thing about the food they're serving, they'd give you the noodles in their dry form so you can go home and boil the water yourself f a m i l y

If I ever saw some white college faggots serving glorious nippon food I'd leave
>>
File: ramen.jpg (439KB, 1071x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
439KB, 1071x1600px
>you can't have ramen to go in japan
>>
Why did your gf dump you though?
>>
>>8518969
Because she's a whore. We're both juniors in college. We've been dating since high school, but her whore friends have convinced her she needs to spend her college years partying and hooking up with different people and she's "wasted" 3 years of college being with me, apparently, even though we've both been pretty happy. I buy her expensive shit, I've taken her on vacations to Europe and South America, and I bought her a car. Anyone who tells you that you shouldn't judge your girlfriend by her friends is a fucking liar. If your girlfriend/wife has friends who are whores, it should be an immediate red flag. She told me that maybe after college we could get back together but fuck that noise
>>8518888
checked
>>
>>8518981
This is genuinely upsetting.
Sorry bro. You'll find someone better.
>>
I don't know about Japan, but the Singaporean-Chinese equivalent of ramen, lamian, can be had for take out. You're given three containers, one with noodles and one with soup while the third may be a plastic baggy or another container and will contain the meat, veg and toppings. I've seen this done in HK and Macau, too, as well as non-Chinese-speaking countries (Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia) with local varieties of noodle soup. While I've never been to Taiwan, I'd be surprised if it weren't common there as well.

I find it hard to believe that the Japanese wouldn't do something similar.
>>
>>8518981
You sound like a huge cuck.
>>
>>8518993
Why? It's not like she told me this and I put up with it for a while. She just told me last night that that's what she wanted and left me. I'm not trying to get back with her and I wouldn't take her back after what she said. A cuck would be someone who actually said "okay" to getting back together after she rides the cock carousel for 2 years
>>
>>8518981
>fuck that noise

Yup. If I translate that proposition of hers in Men's language, she said :

"I'm getting bored of sleeping only with you / I'm feeling guilty about cheating on you, I'm just gonna go away for a while and ride as many dicks as I can find, but when I'm done with college you can come back and buy me more expensive stuff and take care of me again, alright?"

Also, Ramen shop is a fuck.

Burn it all down, and start anew. Cheers.
>>
>>8518981
That's why you effectively redpill your gf on each and every one of their friends so they take comfort in you. I would point out the flaws of the friends my girlfriend had, and now she has none aside from the ones we're both equally close to. The friends we have view us as a duo so there's no preference or bias from the people we know. I may sound like some controlling freak, but it was nothing more than "oh ____ really doesn't have an off switch does she?" and then I'd watch the distance occur naturally.

It sucks that that happened to you, and I agree that friends are a judgement of character. Although, at the same time, consider that you didn't do a good enough job of integrating into what's around you (if these people are around you that is). Did you hang out or interact with these friends of hers? Do they think you're a good person - both yourself and to their friend that you're dating?

from what I'm reading it sounds like you spoiled the girl which is good - but only good if you were equally romantic and serious with her, otherwise you were nothing more than an endless wallet. Her friends have a groupthink mentality and you either
>didn't know your gf like you thought you did
or
>your gf is bored and will lap up any sort of reasoning she has to leave
>>
>>8518882
After 29 years working in hospitality, it's this level of bullshit that made me quit.
>>
>>8518882
Who the fuck eats sushi with a fork?
>>
>>8519012

Your mother, most likely.
>>
>>8519015
My mother's Japanese.
>>
File: sage[1].jpg (139KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sage[1].jpg
139KB, 800x600px
what a great thread, it's totally not a thinly disguised personal blog at all. OP's gf ditching his tiny cock for all the cocks is totally food & cooking.
>>
>>8519012
An American. I don't eat with my hands when I eat Middle Eastern or Indian food, why would I use chopsticks with Asian food? To be more "authentic?" Half the sushi you find in America is bastardized Anglicized versions drenched in sauce and other shit anyways, not exactly authentic to begin with.
>>8519005
I'm acquainted with her friends, we hang out every now and then. I don't really understand why they told her this stuff. They always tell her how lucky she is to have a guy as nice as I am and they all wish they had a boyfriend like that blah blah blah. But they all also like going out and partying, and she wouldn't do that with them very much. Not because I said no but because she used to respect our relationship. She would ask them why she should go out and drink just to have an endless stream of guys trying grinding on her or hitting on her. The past year she's really been changing a lot. Dressing slutty, going out more, and just acting "different." She stopped doing a lot of the cute things we did together as a couple, and all of the pictures she'd put up on snapchat and Instagram became less about us and more about her and showing off her makeup or her outfit. I should have seen this coming a while ago but I suppose I was too trusting. She was my first girlfriend, the only girl I've ever had sex with, and I really love her (inb4 some miserable 30 year old comes in to tell me a 21 year old doesn't know what love is)

So yeah, it really sucks, and I'm really heartbroken, but I think I can find someone who appreciates all that I have to offer, and isn't willing to throw it away for meaningless sex for a few years.
>>
>>8519026
It was about shitty pretentious Japanese food. People asking me about my girlfriend is what's turning it into a blogpost. Fuck off to another thread if it bothers you that much, sperglord
>>
>>8518981

fuck bitches get money op

if anyone here doesn't know the dump feels they're probably virgins
>>
>>8518882
I don't get sushi desu. I always thought it must be super complex so I never bothered with it but it's literally tuna wrapped in rice.
>>
>>8518981
>bought her a car

Beta as fuck
>>
>>8518981
It happens to us all bro.

Well atleast you have more money now to spend on yourself. Expect her contact you in a few months to see how you are. Just ignore her. Don't saying anything faggy like you hurt me or I'm great, I'm banging everyone. Just ignore
>>
File: like-button2[1].jpg (104KB, 1126x830px) Image search: [Google]
like-button2[1].jpg
104KB, 1126x830px
>>8518981
You do realize she's 100% been fucking other dudes for the entire time she's been with you, right?
Also, I liked your status.
>>
>>8519026
That's a good amount of sage.
>>
>>8519041
It really isn't. Weebs will tell you that the sushi chef has to do super secret samurai training to cut a piece of raw fish at exactly the right angle and make sticky rice. Obviously that's bullshit. Sushi is just about showing off the ingredients, nothing more, there is very little skill required on the part of the """chef""". Do you have a good source of fresh fish? Good rice? Good wasabi? Great, you'll have great sushi.

And even if sushi is made with great ingredients, it really isn't all that great. It's very one dimensional. The rice is essentially just a vehicle for the fish, and contributes little to the flavor other than some acidity and texture. And the fish is obviously one note. It's just pretentious. I would rather eat a sushi roll covered in sauce and sesame seeds and vegetables from the local Japanese buffet than pay $600 for a "pure" experience at some pretentious Japanese sushi bar
>>
>>8518981
Sounds like she used you for your money and then decided to ditch you once college was almost over.
>>
File: 1346303617543.gif (2MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1346303617543.gif
2MB, 300x196px
>ramen to go
>>
>>8519031
don't worry about it
>>
>>8519048
Sorry you're poor
>>8519050
No, she hasn't been. I know the one thing about her that won't change is that she's very loyal when she's in a relationship. And I just said these changes have only really been happening the past year. It's possible that maybe she's made out with a guy at a party while we were still together, but I highly doubt she slept with anyone else and it certainly hasn't been for the "entire time we've been together." Like I said, we were really happy up until these past few months. She dumped me so she could go out and fuck other guys, not because she's been fucking them already.
>>8519049
Thanks man. It's going to be hard not to talk to her if she contacts me to be honest. She even told me already that she still wants to be friends. But I deserve better than a whore like that, so she can fuck off. Wish I could get back all the jewelry and shit tho
>>
>>8519060
She didn't use me for my money. As I've said multiple times in the thread, we were really happy and in love up until just a few months ago when I started noticing the changes in her. Her friends have been slowly convincing her that college is for nothing more than fucking strangers and that having a committed relationship with someone you could spend the rest of your life with is a waste of time.

Anyways, I didn't make this thread to talk about my girlfriend. I wanted to talk about pretentious Japanese food, so can we drop it?
>>
>>8519073
She pretended to be happy because you bought her lots of expensive stuff. She was a gold digger and you are a beta
>>
>>8518868
>calling some guy with a gf a cuck
>when you just got dumped

Yep, it's definitely not you that's the cuck
>>
>>8519083
Whatever you say, fag. I didn't even start buying her any expensive shit until about 2 years ago when I came into a lot of money. We've been together since freshman year of high school. She must have been able to see 5 years into the future that I would suddenly have a ton of money available to buy her jewelry and take her to tour Europe
>>
>>8519090
>getting dumped means you're a cuck
Can we fucking stop this word already? It's gotten so out of hand it is retarded now.
>>
>>8518868
I'm sorry that shit happened to you man. I've had a similar experience.
I think the last thing I would want is some cunt telling me I can't have noodles in my house after all that shit.
>>
>>8519073
If she was really happy and in love her friends wouldn't be able to change that.

Nice troll thread though.
>>
File: 1449080982205.jpg (697KB, 1532x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1449080982205.jpg
697KB, 1532x1566px
>>8518874
i smell projection
triggered fat ugly weaboo detected.
>>
>>8519100
Well clearly she got bored with me. As I said before, we've been together for about 7 years. I'm guessing her friends convinced her that she can't be with just one person her whole life and that she needed to experience different people. I guess I kinda dodged a bullet, I was going to propose after college. I'd rather have this happen now than when we were married.

Can we stop talking about my fucking girlfriend? I didn't come here to listen to a bunch of virgins give me relationship advice, I came to talk about shitty Japanese food
>>
>>8518868
Did she dump you for being a faggot that spouts memewords and blogs unnecessarily?
>>
>>8518886

>i dont have time for that

Nobody on 4chan is allowed to use this sentence. Just say you are a lazy fuck.
>>
>>8519120
I work two jobs and currently spend at least 8 hours a day either in class or studying. I literally don't have time to make all that shit. I just wanted a bowl of noodles made for me that I could take home and cry into and watch The Godfather but Carl the Cuck and his feminazi girlfriend wouldn't let me because it conflicted with the bushido samurai code about ramen or some shit
>>
Why are poor white trash so triggered by "foreign" food that isn't Fazoli's?
>>
Sounds like a sweeping generalization to me. But it does sound like a shitty experience OP
>>
>>8518981
She's been sleeping around, sorry for your trouble but at least you dodged her for the long haul.
>>
>>8519100
This as fuck
>>
>>8519121
Fucking christ, you whiny little cunt.

maybe try taking a bag of Ramen to taco bell and explain to the cashier your dire situation. With any luck, she'll feel bad and microwave it for you, and maybe toss in some of those sweet vegetables and meat.
>>
>>8519096
finally, someone agrees

have a >you
>>
>>8518899
Isn't there a character in Persona that specically drives around delivering ramen? Or where those bowls or other stuff?
>>
stop erica from orochon ramen exploiting her kitchen staff by forcing them to work long hours with little pay and punishing them if any of the secret ingredient for ramen special number two ever gets leaked into the public.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVinxu925qU&index=55&list=PLBuCXl3vO_nk5UHLmPMZQAAYTELYY5ysU
>>
File: 1360445636368.jpg (28KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1360445636368.jpg
28KB, 409x409px
>>8518981
>I bought her a car
>Im not a cuck
When will you learn to prioritize yourself.

Also, I have a place next to my apartment (Chicago) that does the same thing. You have to order it, and then put it in the togo containers yourself. You cant call and order it to go. At best, its an oversight by the owners.
>>
>>8518981
>Anyone who tells you that you shouldn't judge your girlfriend by her friends is a fucking liar.
Who ever said you should'nt? People gravitate to others like them.
>>
>>8518981
>junior in college
>I buy her expensive shit, I've taken her on vacations to Europe and South America, and I bought her a car

So did your parents or your student loans pay for all that retarded shit neither of you needed, or are you lying to victimize yourself?
You don't deserve ramen.
>>
>>8518868

They didn't want you to get home and eat a shitty bowl of ramen and then tell everyone how shitty their ramen was. It's not that difficult to understand.
>>
>>8518981

Haha! My wife's friends tried to get her to break up with me when we were in uni. She got new friends. You're a faggot who wasted years of your life on a whore thinking you could buy her love! What a faggot!
>>
Op whats your ex's number?
Also how do you feel about the fact that by now she has had at least one dick in her?
>>
Stay and eat there, don't tip, explain it's Japanese custom if they decide to be so strict.

I've been to plenty of noodles place, where when I order to go, they just give me different containers for soup and noodles.
>>
>>8518981
Had a similar situation OP, found out the problem, I was being a cuck trying to buy affection. Stop trying to get ramen, and go get a submissive non American woman who can cook the shit for you. I fucking feasted on lau yesterday in between fuck sessions.
>>
>>8519543
I had hot pot for Chinese New Year with my wife a few days ago. Then I fucked her in the ass because it's her preferred method of birth control during her high fertility days.
>>
I hate it when 4chan discuss women.
>>
>>8519593
>>>/r9k/

Froggy.
>>
>>8519543
>>8519563

>Getting so cucked you become a race traitor

An hero
>>
>>8519596
I'm just doing my part to make the world a better place. Every race needs a bit of white in them.
>>
File: th (13).jpg (23KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
th (13).jpg
23KB, 248x189px
>>8519596
Jokes on you, Asian women are the tops, and I've even got her spouting racist jokes in her multicultural counseling class, and they have to laugh at them since she's a minority.
>>
>>8519631
My wife is just plain racist. She will cross the street if she sees a black or brown person walking towards her. It's pretty halarious.
>>
>>8518868
walk next time you fat piece of shit
>>
>>8518981
holy shit dude.

I think hipster ramen is the least of your problems right now.
>>
>>8519021
She give ya a gobby, eh?
>>
>>8519069
>It's possible that maybe she's made out with a guy at a party while we were still together, but I highly doubt she slept with anyone else

listen, chicks like this don't view cheating the same way you do. They can make out with dudes, that's not cheating it's "just having fun" they can give handies and blowjobs and it's not cheating because "ugh, he just wouldn't go away until I did something" they can have sex and its not cheating because "I was drunk things got out of hand teehee or "I just let him do it, I wasn't in to it" or "it was only once and I don't like him so it's not cheating"

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but this is a completely real phenomena and until you have your first grown up relationship and set actual boundaries and talk things out as adults, this is what goes on, esp. at college.

>t. poly/open relationship master race

sorry about the ramen, that's bullshit
>>
>>8519676
>this is a completely real phenomena
Excellent post, but just for future reference "phenomena" is plural, the word you wanted was "phenomenon"
>>
>>8519676
Can confirm that this guy is 100% correct.
>>
>>8519642
Asians are some of the most nationalistic and racist people on Earth. It's hilarious to ask a Viet person what they think about Chinese people or a Chinese person what they think about black people.
>>
>>8518868
That's not being pretentious, they have the right to serve the food however they want.
You just got anally murdered and now you're crying about it on a noodle imageboard
>>
>>8519676
This is the most bullshit thing I've ever read.
>>
W E E B S

>Noodles ain't expensive
>Miso ain't expensive
>Dashi ain't expensive
>Sell ramen to hip millennials for 5000% more

p.s. Chinese cuisine is better
>>
>>8519696
Found the woman.
>>
>>8519697
chinese cuisine is worse than dog food.
>>
>>8518868

this is why everyone laughs at americans
>>
>>8519693
This is the truth, my gf's family loves Trump because he might stick it to China, and she wants the wall because only good immigrants (ie rich, educated, and lighter skin) should be allowed inna murica. You should read the post Mark Zuckerberg put up celebrating "lunar" new year, the chinks and gooks were at each other's throats.
>>
what was stopping you from buying a bowl of noodles and then leaving with it as soon as you got it? aside from being a cuck.
>>
>>8519676
This guy understands their rationalisation even if I don't agree with poly/open relationship stuff

Always assume the worst and move on.
>>
>>8518981
You're just a giant cuck m8. The noodles get too mushy sitting in that hot broth for more than a few minutes. Just sit down and eat it there at the bar you fucking retard.
>>
Ippudo in NYC doesn't allow take-out either. That's why I still haven't gone.
>>
>>8519094

She already cheated on you at that point but then decided to stay because you bought her shit. Enjoy your right hand
>>
>>8519697
>cook food
>sell it for more

Damn dude you are fucking genius.
>>
>>8519261

They had the ramen shop and what not.... where you could get the mega gyudon bowl. Kenichi or whatever his name was in 3 is my bro though cause he's your ramen eating pal
>>
>>8518882

I think you just hate hipsters instead of Japanese food. Here's a tip: it's the hipsters. They do that for EVERYTHING. Even toast. Pic related. Costs $4.
>>
>>8519731
>You're a giant cuck
Retard or newfag?
>>
File: 56542997_p0.jpg (114KB, 336x442px) Image search: [Google]
56542997_p0.jpg
114KB, 336x442px
>>8518981
>>8518994
>I bought a whore expensive shit
>I bought a whore a car
>I'm not a cuck
>>
>>8519759
what am i looking at
>>
>>8519770

$4 hipster toast.
>>
>>8519770

It's clearly a modern interpretation of a PBJ, which for $4 is a solid deal. A diner would charge at least 5 for a PBJ even from the kids menu.
>>
>>8519699
t. Korean
>>
>>8518882
>actually had some faggot tell me once that you can't eat sushi with a fork because it, quote, "bruises the fish,"

I feel you man.
>>
>>8519759
this looks awfull
>>
>>8518868
Are you the same Britfag who got triggered in that beef jerky thread? Get a grip, seriously faggot.
>>
>>8518981
>i bought her a car

you've gotta be a real piece of shit if all that expensive shit wasn't worth staying in a relationship to her.
>>
>>8518868
You should have just paid him for it, taken your noodles, and left.
What was he going to do, stop you from leaving with the food you paid for and legally own?
Pick your fucking battles.
>>
>>8518868
Its because they are trying to misguidedly imitate the rotten beliefs of the japanese who are very uptight and stuck up and give others a hard time for not following their shit their own way.

Take a look at that doc of that japanese douchey sushi chef.
>>
>>8518981
>maybe after college we could get back together

Oh yeah after you've been used up and cant find a respectable guy. No one wants someone whose been all of jamaals cock.

I'm sorry this happened to you OP, and i'm sorry these pretentious millennial cucks didn't have a to go option.

You bought her a car? Is it in her name or yours?

boy am I lucky my gf doesn't have any whore friends.
>>
>>8518868
As someone who's been on the receiving end of some pretty shit yelp reviews, I can see their end of things:

The last thing they need is some dickhead taking a tub of ramen to go, letting it sit for half a day, and complaining to the farthest reaches of the internet that the place has shit, soggy noodles. I used to go so far with my pho as to box the broth, the noodles, and the goodies separately. Then I'd get complaints that the noodles were stuck together (it's noodle fucking soup man, warm up the broth if it's cold, and toss the shit in. Give it a stir.)
>>
>>8518868
Why you gotta blame the Japanese food?
Japan puts a lot of symbolism and ritual into their food but that doesn't mean it isn't actually good food... most of the time
>>
>>8518981
You've been played anon
I'm sorry but she's been playing you
>>
File: 1475685455506.png (6KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
1475685455506.png
6KB, 214x235px
>>8518981
tfw no gf
>>
>>8518868
Dude, japanese have been mystifying themselves since forever to get away with the shit they pull. If I were you, I would have just agreed and then walked out after I got the food.
>>
>>8518874
this
>>
op is a huge fag as always, got literally cucked
>>
>>8521381
See that all sounds well and good. But they probably wouldnt give him a top. Hed have to balance the ramen all the way home while trying not to spill. Next time id just bring my own container.
>>
>>8518868
What prevents you from ordering, paying and then just walking out with the plastic thing?
>>
>>8521317
Eh they could still say its better to have it fresh here but not refuse service for something so stupid.
>>
>>8518868
>"No, sorry you don't understand, you can't eat ramen more than a couple minutes after it's made, it messes with the flavors and texture"

I can understand this, to a certain extent.

I mean, look at the pic you attached. That nicely cooked egg is gonna be way overdone if it gets tightly packed and steamed for x minutes. Same thing applies to many other ingredients that can be included with ramen.

Second, maybe they don't give a fuck about the integrity of the dish, but idiots go on Yelp, etc. and write dumb shit after taking a half hour to get food home.

also the fact that you used "millenial" and "cuck" in the same sentence makes me side with them, not you.
>>
>>8519069
>I am rich therefore it's ok for me to buy her a car only to have her break up with me and take the car
>>
>Go to restaurant
>Order ramen
>Take out your empty Talenti Gelato container and put your ramen in it
>Go home

WA LA
>>
>>8519031
>An American. I don't eat with my hands when I eat Middle Eastern or Indian food, why would I use chopsticks with Asian food? To be more "authentic?" Half the sushi you find in America is bastardized Anglicized versions drenched in sauce and other shit anyways, not exactly authentic to begin with.
>He doesn't enjoy Nigiri

Dude, you're missing out, once I discovered the authentic stuff, I haven't looked back.
>>
>>8518868
how about you go to another place instead of that?
i know like 2 ramen places in my town and both have take-away
>>
>>8519106
when she contacs you after fuckign around tell her you was gonna ask her to marry after college. lel
>>
>>8519676
>>t. poly/open relationship master race

literally callin cucks a master race kek
>>
>>8518882
Sounds to me like you hate hipsters and restaurants owned by hipsters.

Why don't you go to a small japanese restaurant owned by an actual japanese? They usually focus on their own demographic so they don't really care to pander to hipsters.
>>
>literally a two minute drive

So fucking WALK you bloated ass
>>
>>8519696
it's an exact description of the "thought processes" of most every modern woman.

someone convinced them that they must do more than get fucked and raise children, be more than what they actually are. the poor dearies haven't been right in their heads ever since.

so now they feel they have to invent all these rationalizations and excuses for performing their only real role.

women are supposed to roam the world looking for the strongest man to have sex with and bear the children of. men are supposed to fuck everything that moves on the off chance this will result in sprogs.

the end.
>>
>>8522017

>supposed to

Is ought fallacy you bellend, stay in school
>>
>>8518882
What do you even say to someone like that?
>>
>>8522019
fallacy? how?
>>
>>8522022
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is–ought_problem
>>
>>8522025
> is-ought
I was being descriptive, not normative - of how the biological imperative is doing an end-run around the strictures of our culture
>>
>>8522031

You're plainly arguing that we suffer because we're in a less natural state than we were x years ago. It is vague and boring and small minded.
>>
>>8518981
Here's some wisdom in quotes for you man.

"You are the average of the five people you spent the most time with."
Jim Rohn

"Before you begin scrambling up the ladder of success, make sure that it is leaning against the right building"
Stephen Covey

“Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.”
– Anthony Robbins
>>
Nice bawww thread.
>>
>>8518868
>>depressed and half drunk, gf broke up with me last night,
bitter af
>>
>>8522359
>"You are the average of the five people you spent the most time with."
>Jim Rohn
Please apply that to literature.
>>
>>8518868
If it takes 30 seconds to slurp down why didn't you eat it there you lemon
>>
>>8519031
why does every co/ck/'s gf have a gradual spin into slutdom
>>
>>8523847
speaking as a girl, I cant give any straight facts or experiance but if I were dating anyone from /ck/ on average you're all basic eating cucks who hate anything that isn't the burger :DDD so I would have to resort to eating any dick i could find for some veriety.
>>
Why didn't you just tell him you would eat it there then walk out when you got the food?
>>
>>8522359
>you are the average of the five people you spent the most time with
bullshit. A group of 5 close friends are the same? How about a family of 5?
>>
>>8518868
>speaking as a girl, I cant give any straight facts or experiance
What a surprise
>>
>>8519797
Some of the artisanal toast places are more like open faced sandwiches which are worth the 4 bucks desu
>>
File: 1382781584307.gif (2MB, 187x155px) Image search: [Google]
1382781584307.gif
2MB, 187x155px
>>8518981
>I buy her expensive shit, I've taken her on vacations to Europe and South America, and I bought her a car.
>>
>>8518868

>order food
>walk out

what are they going to do, call the ramen police?
>>
>>8524267
That's exactly right. Order food, eat it, don't pay, and leave. If in some alternative universe an employee collared you and you didn't hurt anyone, the police will be like wtf, you're bothering us because a scumbag ripped you for a $20.00 shit meal? You think I'm going to fill out the paperwork for that bullshit you piece of shit? Then you walk, period. Sorry, petit bourgeoise, you don't get protected.
>>
File: IMG_5537.jpg (45KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5537.jpg
45KB, 356x356px
>>8524246
>artisanal toast places
>>
>>8524420
Minimalists don't own toasting implements.
>>
>>8518992
Because ramen is visually pleasing that is hard to recreate for takeouts without resulting in overcooking the noodles. They actually have to only parboil noodles a certain texture if it needs to be delivered in Tokyo so once it reaches the destination, it would (usually) have the desired texture.
>>
>>8524424
>Minimalists don't own toasting implements.
But they have iPhones, laptops, social media, etc
>>
File: 1478898431443.png (69KB, 780x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478898431443.png
69KB, 780x900px
>>8524735
DON'T QUESTION MY PRIORITIES
>>
>>8518868
I lived in Austin for a spell. I know your pain.
>All dem meme restaurants
>All dem hipsters
Don't miss it at all, folks.
>>
File: 1485476829790.png (627KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485476829790.png
627KB, 1597x1600px
>>8518868
>>it's run by two Millennial white people, a cuck and his gf
>>
>>8521212
holy shit /pol/, nobody wants you!
>>
>>8524168
>dude who can't even quote right taking a high ground
We're all morons here, regardless of gender. Isn't that heartwarming
>>
>>8524768
Minimalism is the idea that you can simplify your life by having less items, but it actually complicates your life because you need to find people with tools. You're not a fucking god, give in to your nature and buy a toaster or become an animal in the forest eating shit.
>>
>Why is Japanese food so pretentious? Especially when it's done by white people?

White people, especially americans, tend to see authentic asian cuisine as gross so they don't eat it. They also don't really distinguish between Korean/Chinese/Japanese/etc. So they get off on making asian food, which is supposed to be disgusting to pleb american tastes, look as pretty as possible. And then shoving it in the faces of their pleb friends, as if they're some enlightened cross-cultural god when all they've done is make a basic japanese dish.

What gets me is that there's always a boiled egg somewhere in there, like people at home just mass-boil a bunch of eggs to enhance their meals over the week.
>>
>>8518882
It's simple, but highly refined. I hate sounding pretentious, but that's just how it is.
>>
File: 640x640_rect_3179072.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
640x640_rect_3179072.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>8518868
I live in Japan. There is a ramen shop near me that does a great job with the dilapidated 80s bowling alley vibe. I ordered some and they asked me if I wanted oil in it. Fuck yeah. Came with about a half centimeter of oil. Tasted like shit and made me sick half an hour later...but in a good way. Everyone in that restaurant would have laughed their asses off if they encountered your stupid millennial pretension hell. Ramen is the food of truckers and yakuza. Want fancy? Serve teishoku dipshit.
>>
>>8525408
What prefecture? I just walked in the door from my neighborhood ramen dive.
>>
>>8525185
>boiled egg in ramen
Yup, the ultimate sign of a weeb and a pleb.
>>
>>8525408
定食って?懐石料理だろうね?定食は全然贅沢じゃない。でっちあげるな、あほー。
>>
>>8525462
>do you like kaiseki cuisine? The set meal is not extravagant at all. Do not make it up, ohh.
I can use google translate as well you dirty fucking weeb.
>>
>>8525484
eat shit mongoloid

also why would you think google translate works correctly
>>
>>8525444
Ibaraki, just north of the lake. Where you at? That picture is just one I found off the internet from googling 汚いラーメン屋
>>
File: IMG_1128.jpg (32KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1128.jpg
32KB, 220x300px
>>8525506
Neck yourself, weeb.
>>
>>8525408
>I ordered some and they asked me if I wanted oil in it. Fuck yeah. Came with about a half centimeter of oil. Tasted like shit and made me sick half an hour later...but in a good way.
What the fuck is with this bizarro hipster doublethink on /ck/ where food has to be crap or it's hipster, ironically enough it's exactly like the hipster fixation on working class authenticity maybe a decade and a half ago.
>>
>>8518887
I would say no in this one instance. I think he makes a decent point and is correct about it. Every other OP, sure. No, I'm not OP. But I am a fag.
>>
>>8525509
seems youve forgotten where you are, youve gotta go back
>>
>>8525508
Ibaraki too. Just north of Mito. Weird actually talking to someone who isn't in Tokyo or further south.
>>
>>8519261
It was a donburi shop.
>>
>>8525462
そうですか料理様?じゃー、定食にがっても、いい料理は、進める料理はなんだか?

Well then mister cuisine, if you don't like teishoku, what do you recommend?

In both languages in case I fucked up.
>>
>>8525508
Shit dude, I'm in Mito all the time. I live close to Tsuchiura. How's Hitachi? I've never been there but been wanting to check it out. Any restaurant recommendations for Mito?
>>
>>8525511
Dude, do you not have guilty pleasure shit food? Like cold pizza or fast food anything?
>>
>>8525521
nah i just meant teishoku not really fncy its just set menu u find at like any lil kissa, kaiseki is the fancy one
>>
>>8525524
And now there's another ibaraki anon. This is so fucking weird.
>>
>>8525527
Ah, I fucked up. Thought kaiseki and teishoku were the same thing. I live here but I'm still learning.
>>
File: sadafleck.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sadafleck.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>8518992
Good places in Australia also do that. The first time I got some confused-whitey me didn't know how to eat it.

>>8518981
She didn't even give you the option of "playing the field" while being with you still? I mean sure you'd have been a cuck, but she could have whored herself out and you could be using this Malay pottery-making imageboard.

>>8519012
>the way those people consume food is not the way I do it, and I'm correct REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Such an autist. Sad.

>>8519759
I don't go to any hipster place if it looks like they're going to overcharge or tell me how I need to eat my food. I'll enjoy it how I want and if you press too hard I'll take a photo of it when it comes out the other end and send it!

>>8525408
Yes. I remember those places, and they were dirt cheap too. Some of them were so efficient I didn't need to talk to anybody and could just use a vending machine to get a ticket and hand the ticket to the cook. Great at the end of the day when I was exhausted.
>>
>>8525526
>Tasted like shit and made me sick half an hour later
sounds real pleasurable
>>
>>8518868
You went to a shitty restaurant anon
I've never been to a ramen place that doesn't offer it up to go. Ramen isn't an upscale dining experience, it's almost fast food.
We even have a place that does delivery around me.
I've never experienced this specific japanese food snobbery you have either. Japanese food is mostly just simple dishes that emphasize balance of flavors and fresh ingredients
I've never experienced a terrible, overpriced, convoluted japanese dish, but I do see it a lot in modern American and European these days.
>>
>>8525536
I'm sure you've swallowed cum before anon. Same thing.
>>
>>8522359
That Anthony Robbins shit is deep yo. I agree, but it has to be mutual.
>>
>>8518868
>gf broke up with me last night
>decide to go to this local sushi and ramen place
>a cuck and his gf

stop projecting your qualities onto others
>>
>>8525540
So deliberately eating shit ramen because of angst over associating with hipsters is like gargling cum? These are fascinating insights into the mind of a /ck/ poster that you are giving me.
>>
>>8525550
What do you expect when you're replying to a bunch of teens and tweens who think they know the world better than most and each one is smarter, richer and better than any one else on the same board and only their opinion counts as fact.
>>
>>8519531
>don't tip, explain it's Japanese custom
Kek. It's even offensive in Asia to tip, it imply the person is some kind of dirty beggar.

Also, every ramen I know has take out. Either they throw everything in the same bowl and expect you to eat it within half an hour or give you separate containers for liquid, noodles and vegs/meat if they're fancy enough to give away 3 containers.

Maybe you went to an upscale place, but then you should have acted as racist as a weabo trumptard for them being white.

>>8521472
That would not prevent bad reviews from stupid people.
>They told me it wouldn't be good, and it wasn't. 1/5.
>>
File: broth.jpg (73KB, 493x600px) Image search: [Google]
broth.jpg
73KB, 493x600px
prepared to be triggered, hipsters make everything pretentious including chicken broth.
>>
>>8518868
>cuck gets cucked at cuck stand.

Kek.
>>
>>8526211
looks like the liquid menu at the hospital I was just staying at

This thread is really bad and I'm not sure what I expected but I was disappointed nonetheless. I'm sorry that you're having a bad time OP but this thread is your fault and you should have made something better out of your sadness.
>>
File: japanese food.png (6KB, 505x171px) Image search: [Google]
japanese food.png
6KB, 505x171px
>>
>>8526211
Can you please explain how this is hipster and pretentious?
>>
>>8518868
>>it's run by two Millennial white people, a cuck and his gf
>a cuck and his gf
Pretty funny coming from a bonafide cuck.
>>
File: C3FH9SsUkAQHhrq.jpg (1015KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
C3FH9SsUkAQHhrq.jpg
1015KB, 3840x2160px
>>
>>8526211
>Amish chickens

Have they not read about Amish farming practices?
>>
File: gmSbAyr.jpg (389KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
gmSbAyr.jpg
389KB, 800x524px
>>
>>8518981
I haven't started reading this yet, but why does it have so many replies??
>>
>>8527332
>sipping broth
come the fuck on
>>
>>8528785
there is literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>8527270
I know you're trying to meme but TKG is pretty fucking lit.
>>
File: IMG_1063.jpg (107KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1063.jpg
107KB, 750x750px
>>8528902
>meme
>that well known verb
Dipshit.
>>
>>8528907
no need to be mad because you dont enjoy the simple things in life
>>
>>8528916
You're fucking simple, anon.
:^)
>>
>>8528918
But do you enjoy me?
>>
>>8518868

>gets left by his gf
>somehow the other guy with a gf is the cuck

Cuckposters are the biggest cucks
>>
>>8518981

Oh, so you're a literal cuckold going around calling others cucks? Lmao
>>
>>8519031
The girls are envious of her, so they try to sabotage your relationship. And if they get what they want you're done.
Also your gf will most likely come back after a month or so, don't take her back, go work out and get someone else.
Such behaviour is unnacceptable,Not leaving you a say in the matter and deciding over your head.
>>
>>8518981
>juniors in college
>all that money and time wasted for a single bitch

servers you good, you beta cuck
>>
>>8518876
This is a blatant schnitzel copy just saying this dish is barely japanese at all considering they got curry from the english
>>
>>8519031
You sound unbearable to be around desu

Loosen up
>>
>>8525185
>>8525446
I usually include an egg in at least one meal if I'm not having any meat that day. Sometimes that's in instant ramen. Good source of calories and protein.
>>
>>8529457
...it came from rice rationing post ww2 when the americans gave a lot of flour to the japanese and they had no cultural history of bread, so they ended up battering and frying a lot of meals. Look at the history of osaka and all it's tempura and battered dishes.

Also deep frying pork in batter isn't a AOC

Also the japanese don't hammer flat their pork products for schnitzel like the austrians do in their cuisine

also stop posting
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (100KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
100KB, 700x420px
>>8529566
Japanese people also have some weird customs about regular food you might elsewhere.

>dat feel when I found they don't like crust on their meat
I was shocked when I ordered a steak and chef kept fucking fiddling with it on purpose so it doesn't form a crust on either side.
>>
>>8518868
It's their food, they can serve it however they want. You are a literal cuckold calling other people cuckolds.
>>
>>8525538
Ramen is legitimately fast food but to be honest it doesn't strike me as the type of thing you take out.
I mean, everything else aside, you can literally finish the entire bowl in less than five minutes for the most part.
>>
>>8518882
I mean I see your point, but considering there's resturants that do nothing but sashimi and all, there's probably some level of skill involved.
>>
>>8529684
Ramen is basically a Japanese interpretation of Chinese food. The most important things about this kind of stuff is quality of ingredients and all the precursor work that goes into the stock and sides. Decent, but fast food for working folk.

It's like Buzzfeed going into a truck stop and trying to gentrify cheeseburger and fries so I can understand the apprehension when a hipster tries to put some spin on it.
>>
>>8518981
you shouldnt pay that much for your gf in your college years ever, thats the time where money really shouldnt play a role on either side and by spending that much you basically tell her youre insecure.
desu that goes for almost any relationship ever til it reaches the point of marriage.
>>
What was this Jap film about a ramen chef (and what was the Americanised version with a white chick as the chef) learning how to make the perfect ramen?

The owners of OP's restaurant probably saw it and didn't get that ramen is still technically fast food, even if you romanticise the fuck out of it.
>>
>>8518886
You wasted all this time on a pointless thread, just so you can bitch about some guy, his gf, and your ex gf who's probably getting some right now while you claim you "don't have time for that."

>Overweight, sad, and probably abusive to his now ex gf that's getting cocked by chad.

Grow up.
>>
>>8519697

I have to go to some smelly gook market to find miso and dashi though.
>>
>>8518868
Should've just had some pho instead
>>
>>8518868
You sound like a whiny bitch. I bet they use to let people order to go and another whiny bitch like you brought the food back hours later claiming that it was shitty or not fresh or whatever and threw a fit interrupting their customers and business. So they decided to stop providing takeout to get rid of the bitch. I'm sure they don't need the money from someone so self centered and petty as you.
>>
>>8519056
Well there is an art to cutting the fish so that it looks large and hangs off the edges of the rice, but is actually a thin sliver just thick enough to be opaque. Also you have to make the ball of rice small so the fish seems larger by comparison. If you do it right, then you can charge 8 dollars for two teaspoons of rice and 2/3oz. of fish.
>>
>>8518981
>I've taken her on vacations to Europe and South America, and I bought her a car
What a fucking dumbass
>>
>>8518882
haha the essence of pure flavor... and lSD
>>
File: koire_luukussa.jpg (30KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
koire_luukussa.jpg
30KB, 500x581px
>>8518981
You should burn down her house
>>
>>8519747
Fucking hell

I laughed put loud at this
>>
>>8518981
Bruh
You just became a cuck
I am sorry
>>
>>8519813
What does Korean food even consist of
Kimchee?
>>
>>8530073

Tampopo
>>
>>8518981
You shouldn't have posted that m8.
>>
>>8518882
i agree with you op, people are just making fun of you because you're being emotional

sorry that your gf broke up with you and the chinks are snobs, life is hard
>>
>>8519073
op femanon here

rarely need to admit i'm a woman for a post, but you're right. women are immensely driven by social pressure and would rather fit in than act according to their own morals. men don't believe that because they're usually more driven by their own morals than social pressure, so everyone thinks she was already a whore, but, she probably doesn't want to lose all of her friends for you. she might not value you as much as you thought she did, but i've seen this play out over and over before, friends pressuring girls to dump their boyfriends because they don't like something about him, something random. you disagree with a female friend and they drop you very quickly

it fucking sucks for women to pick between being alone or being just as petty as the awful women they could surround themselves with, and most of them pick the latter bc we're the more social half
>>
>>8524873
Weebs are far far worse.
>>
>>8518886
link to their website?
>>
File: C3u0GxpWcAIId40.jpg (141KB, 1024x840px) Image search: [Google]
C3u0GxpWcAIId40.jpg
141KB, 1024x840px
>>
>>8532966
>Tampopo (1985)
Thanks. Anybody else saw it? Or The Ramen Girl (2006)?
Thread posts: 239
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.