[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long can you eat leftovers before you die from eating them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: leftovers-mold-400x400.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers-mold-400x400.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
How long can you eat leftovers before you die from eating them? I made some penne with ground chicken and vegetables in a tomato sauce on Monday. I ate it today, 6 days later. It tasted absolutely fine, was in the fridge the whole time obviously. Now I'm wondering if I will survive to see the day end.
>>
If you aren't a pussy you'll be fine. Most bad things end up just giving me diarrhea but nothing more than that, I've never been hospitalized before due to food poisoning and I've eaten:
>moldy bread (was sailing offshore and lost a lot of supplies)
>a month old leftover pumpkin pie slice
>raw beef/eggs (not impressive, I know, just throwing it out there)
>canned food that turned out to be expired by 5 years
>a sandwich some spic in Miami sold me that I'm pretty sure had been kept on a car radiator for about 5 days, the lettuce was starting to decay)

Never understood how some people can be sent to the hospital for eating a little raw fish or eggs or something
>>
>>8518193
You're incredibly lucky. Try eating bad shellfish.
>>
>>8518177
I prep all my stuff on Sunday, and don't cook again (in any meaningful fashion) until Sunday again unless it's a special occasion. Meaning I eat 7-day old stuff all the time, it's never done anything to me. I wouldn't push it much past a week though.
>>
Your nose has spent millions of years evolving for the sole purpose of being able to detect bad food

If it doesn't smell right it's bad.
>>
>>8518177

Just use common sense.

If the food you put into the container was hot, and the container is clean, then you get an air tight seal. If its in the refrigerator, will probably be good for about a week...

So if portion things out, and store your leftovers inunopened containers, lasts forever really.
>>
>>8518177
I ate 3 week old meatballs kept in the freezer

Youll be fine.
>>
>>8518177
ServSafe says 4-7 days for cooked poultry in the fridge
>>
>>8519675
I can't tell if this is a joke.
>>
>>8519675
I just ate a popsicle that's been in the freezer for two years, am I gonna die???
>>
>>8518226

Who the shit makes shellfish with the intention of having leftovers?
>>
>>8518233
I generally just go by this. I made a shit ton of food and had leftovers for about two weeks. By the end it certainly didn't taste as good as it had, but I never felt worried I would get sick.

Does it smell bad? Does it have mold? Don't eat it. Otherwise should be fine.
>>
I eat 1-2 years old fermented shit that sits outside the fridge all the time. You won't die, and maybe you will actually get some good bacteria in you :)
>>
File: eatright.jpg (237KB, 685x1068px) Image search: [Google]
eatright.jpg
237KB, 685x1068px
>>8518233
>>8519844
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.