[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CAMPFIRE COOKING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: coal skillet.jpg (91KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
coal skillet.jpg
91KB, 800x534px
Just something about putting a skillet on hot coals, the smokey flavor, and eating out in the woods is just so comfy.

What's your setup? How about dishes?

Last night, got the 15" cast iron out and made some chorizo con huevo. Bake some potatoes wrapped in foil around the fire so the starches set, throw in oil, onion, chopped chorizo, and chopped potatoes. Pick it up with some coal roasted tortillas, a little cholula on top, fucking perfection.

(side note: Tony's Creole Seasoning is a godsend, it's got everything you need in one shaker)
>>
i cook everything on a 6" cast iron or tin foil and seasoned only with a combo salt/pepper grinder because i motorcycle camp and space/weight is an issue
>>
>>8516798
Personally I love it, feels very free and natural. Usually take my little le creus and grill sheet for searing and balancing pan on. A little oil on the underside of the pan and go.
Was cooking pheasant in a cave with a nazi and it was terrific, gutting the things in the moonlight and drinking vodka till the fire died.
>>
>>8516798
>some coal roasted tortillas
These are the difference between eh and holy fuck these are great.
I love cooking over coals
>>
>>8516816
As for prep and seasoning, I like slicing everything on the underside of the pan before use, and take a couple jars of spice blends I made before with me. Once camped put for a weekend and made curried goat over 24h in a ridiculously sized pot.
>>
Cast iron is kind of a bitch to hike in with but worth it. I cook dry beans and spices plus whatever I can gather/kill or some jerky if nothing else.
>>
>>8516816
>Was cooking pheasant in a cave with a nazi and it was terrific

Y-you what?
>>
>>8516933
>he doesn't know how to innawoods right
>>
>>8516933
hitler escaped and now lives off the land with his best buds
>>
>>8516798
Love to use my bush knife to prep all the ingredients, semi justifies my compulsive blade buying.
>>
>>8516798
Thinking of putting a spit up so I can hang a dutch oven, but it's really rocky around my fire pit so may have to go tripod. Which kinda sucks, because it would take up more space which would be used for sitting in winter.
>>
File: Resized_20170105_200838.jpg (293KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20170105_200838.jpg
293KB, 1440x810px
Spring fed stream trout, bullshit tasty, the stream runs through highland peat and sphagnum moss hours away from anywhere.
Salt, pepper, olive oil and sliced onion, delicious.
>>
>>8516933
Was working in a hotel as a dishkid, there was also a Nazi from Australia. The hotel kitchen got given two dozen pheasants so I borrowed a few while prepping them, and we made terayaki pheasant.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.