[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some meals I can cook on Sunday and bring for lunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What are some meals I can cook on Sunday and bring for lunch Monday through Friday. (Pic related)
>>
>>8511994

I often roast a whole bunch of chicken (usually thighs) and then wrap them individually in plastic wrap and foil. I can pop one in the microwave out of the fridge when I get home from school or work. My spice rub consists of cumin, cayenne pepper, parprika, black pepper, ground oregano, garlic powder, and kosher salt. You could also possibly add a dash of cinnamon, coriander, or onion powder or celery salt as well.

You could also bake a whole bunch of potatoes and then wrap them individually. Could maybe bring some fixings like cheese and chopped green onions along in a ziplock or maybe even keep some sour cream/butter in the fridge in the break room. Pop it in the microwave and you're good to go.

Pasta casseroles could be a good option as well although the more dairy, the iffier on whether any off flavors could develop later in the week.

I've also made enchiladas in bulk and then kept the sauce separate. Wrap them and put them in the freezer or fridge. Use a small glass jar to bring some sauce to work along with your wrapped enchilada, pour it over before you pop it in the microwave, and you're good to go.
>>
Most food does ok for 3 days then starts turning to shit. There's plenty that will be ok to eat on day 5, but can't think of anything that's gonna taste all that good unless you freeze it.

If you're willing to freeze though, I make huge batches of chili and freeze 'em in single portions. Makes a great quick grab meal.
>>
I have made epic amounts of burritos and froze them, each in there own plastic bag. microwave them 1 1/2 they last forever.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-beef-enchiladas/c43a8fe7-628d-4f29-8492-1c7f87b05bc9

everything else I think of, can't last a week.
>>
>>8511994
Jerky, and or sausage.
>>
File: Ivanka-1.jpg (177KB, 1087x727px) Image search: [Google]
Ivanka-1.jpg
177KB, 1087x727px
>>8511994
Fried rice with any kind of meat is great, easy to make in large batches and keeps well.
>>
>>8511994

Roast a ham or turkey for sandwich meat.
>>
>>8512015
>You could also bake a whole bunch of potatoes and then wrap them individually. Could maybe bring some fixings like cheese and chopped green onions along in a ziplock or maybe even keep some sour cream/butter in the fridge in the break room. Pop it in the microwave and you're good to go.

Just make sure to leave the foil on when you heat them up or they won't cook right
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 780x439px
>>8513312
>>
I make a vat of chili on Sunday and a vat of soup or stew on Wednesday. That usually gets me through the week. I also eat it for dinner.
>>
Lentil soup with pork.

Choose your pork: pork belly, bacon, pork hock, whatever (but should be fatty). Really any meat is fine, I've done bone-in/skin on chicken thighs before and it was good.
Choose your lentils: any type will do, my favorite is red lentils because they are really tiny and get very creamy when cooked. Brown/green lentils would be better if you like more of an individual texture of the beans.

>chop pork, 1/4 - 1/2 lb depending on how fat you are
>chop 1 onion
>chop 1 cup of carrots
>sear pork in pan
>put pork in crockpot
>add onion and carrots to pan
>cook for a few minutes
>deglaze with large splash of white
>add to crockpot
>add 1 cup red lentils to crockpot
>4 cups chicken broth (I use low sodium so I can control how salty I want it to be)
>I usually add 1 cup of water in addition to the broth
>cook however long, I usually do either the 6 or 8 hour setting
>salt/pepper to taste
Makes about 5 servings. I cook this about once a month.
>>
>>8513312

I'm making the assumption that you know not to put foil in the microwave.
>>
certain kinds of soup are good hot or cold
>>
>>8512989
what kind of madman doesn't make his own enchilada sauce?
buying premade stuff doens't make sense most of the time
>>
File: oxobeef.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
oxobeef.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Cottage / shepards pie

1tbsp olive oil
1 med onion, peeled and chopped
250g mushrooms, sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and diced
500g minced beef or lamb
2 level tsp plain flour
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 beef stock cube (or lamb depending on meat used)
1tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
Peas
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
salt + pepper to taste

750g potato (mashed)
Knob of butter
Splash of milk
grated cheese
salt + pepper to taste
will make 4 portions. tastes even better the day after.

I use stock pot not stock cube. they are little pots and use lots of herbs and some wine i think so I don't know if this makes or break the recipe but the one i have used is in pic.
>>
>>8515716

method:

Heat the oil in a sauté pan or large frying pan, add the onion and carrots, celery and cook over a med heat for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have started to soften. Add the beef to the pan and cook for about 5-10 mins, stirring to break up the meat, until it browns. Once the meat is crumbly, stir occasionally to prevent it sticking and burning, but don’t keep stirring it, otherwise it just cools the mixture, rather than letting the meat brown. Add the mushrooms, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for a few mins.
Sprinkle over the flour, then mix it in well and heat for 3-4 mins to cook the flour. The flour will absorb the fat that comes out of the meat, which will then thicken the sauce.
Pour in the can of tomatoes, mix in the stock cube/pot, add the peas and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring continually, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 mins, until it thickens slightly and the vegetables are tender. If the sauce seems very thick, just add a little boiling water.

Set oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
Stir the Worcestershire sauce into mince, add the freshly chopped parsley, check seasoning, then spoon into a dish and level the surface.
Beat the potato to soften it and spread over the mince. Score the surface with a fork and put cheese on top, optionally sprinkle some fine sea salt on top to help cheese crisp up.
Bake in the centre of the oven for about 20-30 mins, or until the pie is golden and the filling is bubbling. Serve straight from the oven.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.