[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chili con carne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: shutterstock_130283174-620x300.jpg (64KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_130283174-620x300.jpg
64KB, 620x300px
I am going to cook for my brother and myself tomorrow. I really want to make chili con carne. Everybody in my family except for him hates beans so I never made it before. I have 0 experiece making chili con carne. Any tips?
>>
>chili con carne

You sound like a tryhard retard. Just call it chili.

If your family for some reason doesn't like beans, leave them out. Picky eaters are going to picky eat.
>>
Start with two pounds of chuck, either course ground or diced into 3/4" cubes. Dice a small onion and three cloves of garlic. Prepare your chiles by removing the stems and seeds, put them in a pot with enough water to cover them by about an inch. Simmer for ten minutes, let cool, and purée them in a food processor. Put your onion and beef into a large pot and brown over medium heat. Add the garlic when it's about halfway done. After the beef is cooked through turn the heat up a little and let it get a little crust on the bottom of the pot, but don't burn it. Add a can of beer, a can of rotel, a can of diced green chiles, 4tbs chili powder, one tbs cumin, one tsp ground oregano, your prepared chiles, a pack of sazon goya tomato and cilantro, a small can of el Pato, and a couple of dashes of hot sauce like chalula. If you don't want the extra heat add a tbs of white vinegar. Bring it all to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for at least six hours, preferably eight. Salt to taste. Skim the fat off and reserve it, you can you it to make chili gravy, but that's a whole different animal.
>>
File: IMG_2383.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2383.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8510753
I forgot to add to thicken it with a couple of tbs of masa. For the chiles I like to use a blend of ancho, guajillo, New Mexico reds, and arbol.
>>
File: 180px-PennLeft.png (50KB, 180x191px) Image search: [Google]
180px-PennLeft.png
50KB, 180x191px
>>8510753
>ground chuck

Stopped reading right there tbqh
>>
>>8510789
Chili is supposed to be made with low quaility meat. Use sirloin if you want.
>>
>>8510789

he's talking about chili grind you fool, not hamburger
>>8510753
it's a good recipe, but 6 hours is excessive

Also, OP, I add a can of refried beans(low fat) instead of masa or flour to thicken, literally no one has caught me yet, try that if you want to be
devilish.jpg

or just serve seasoned beans on the side with the rice and cheese like everyone else
>>
File: 1481613258111.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1481613258111.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>8511015
>chili grind course chuck
>>
No beans

Beans are for beaners
>>
By course ground I'm referring to one run through a grinder with a 1/2" plate. Don't know is why this is so hard for people to comprehend.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.