[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried making peanut butter brownies and they came out like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: DSCF0697.jpg (622KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0697.jpg
622KB, 1600x1200px
I tried making peanut butter brownies and they came out like hard tack. I'm positive I followed the directions correctly but they are not soft and chewy the are hard like a thick piece of vinyl flooring.
>>
>>8510225
Make your own rations out of them
>>
>>8510225
I think I make peanut butter brownies once by adding sugar and baking powder to peanut butter and baking them
How did you fuck that up?
>>
File: DSCF0696.jpg (628KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0696.jpg
628KB, 1600x1200px
FYI this was a cake I made. It also came out like hard tack. I'm beginning to think that maybe my calling is home made survival food.
>>
>>8510232
This is almost exactly what the recipe was along with flour and vanilla extract. When I pour the mix in it never rises, it just stays the same and cooks.
>>
>Peanut butter hard tack
That sounds like the next generation of survival food OP, good job. Send me some.
>>
>>8510258
Ditto. Send me some too
>>
>>8510241
I used a toaster oven and when it took them out they fell apart so I thought I fucked up
But after half an hour or so I came back and the settled into perfect brownies
Maybe you are just using a shitty brand?
>>
Can you make another batch of peanut butter tack but put Nutella in it too? Then send me some.
>>
>>8510225
your either fucking up the recipe somehow(you prolly messing up the measurements)

or maybe your oven temps are off and its hotter then you expect

most likely your fucking up the recipe.
>>
>>8510225
>I'm positive I followed the directions correctly
Was it a good source for the recipe? Post recipe, or link?
>>
I think you're over mixing. If you fuck with flour and liquids too much, it causes a lot of gluten development. Try folding your mixture gently, and mixing dry/wet ingredients separately before combining
>>
You may have done this >>8510573. Or you might of put it in a larger pan and didn't shortin your cook time. 8x8 in. Pan is what a lot of brownie recipe's call for
Or your oven is to hot.

Just let them soak in milk and eat it like cereal now that you fucked them up
>>
>>8510241
>it never rises
You need carbonation: either active yeast, or some sort of carbonated liquid mixed in (beer, ginger ale etc.)
>>
Throw away your baking powder and buy fresh
>>
File: 1347979046155.jpg (11KB, 287x300px) Image search: [Google]
1347979046155.jpg
11KB, 287x300px
>>8510225
Cup of Sugar, Cup of peanut butter and two eggs, its a hard thing to mess up son.
>>
File: IMG_4850.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4850.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8510269
>Maybe you are just using a shitty brand?
It was from scratch
>>8510909
You might be onto something here. I tried making bread a couple of years ago.
>>
>>8510234
stop putting cement in your cakes?
>>
>>8510225
You either forgot to put baking powder in your food or your baking powder is past it's due.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.