[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is indoor basil planter /ck/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 61WuLh9j-cL._SL1000_.jpg (95KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61WuLh9j-cL._SL1000_.jpg
95KB, 1000x1000px
Is indoor basil planter /ck/ approved?
>>
i started to make one and then gave up
>>
What's that thing do that a window and a regular pot doesn't?
>>
>>8510215
Led light.
>>
>>8510127

I have one.

Don't bother with the strawberries, they're garbage. Thyme also kind of sucked.

Basil one is aiight.
>>
>Is indoor basil planter /ck/ approved?

That one isn't, it's defective. It's producing mint instead of basil.

>>8510215
They're good if you have small windowsills, poor sun exposure, need to keep your curtains closed to thwart snipers or have an ant problem that would cause soil to make an unusually bad mess.
>>
>>8510127
Saw one like this and they're too small for all my herbs so I just bought a few growing lights and put them above the regular pots.
>>
>>8510229
Sounds like a waste of electricity or batteries.
>>
>>8510127

no. Basil grows up a stalk and it'll be pretty shit pretty quick under a short light. Plants that from crowns, like lettuce would be better.
>>
>>8510127
Can it grow weed?
>>
>>8510705
"LED Grow lights may be relatively new on the scene for growing cannabis, but they are quickly growing in popularity because they are so energy efficient, are easy to use and set up, and can be used for the full life cycle of your cannabis plants. LED's produce much more light per watt than fluorescent or HID lighting." -heavy.com
>>
>>8510705
I guess but it's better for basil since weed can be bought dried and stores for a long time. Basil doesn't.
>>
>>8510705

My friend is a grower and a baker for a lot of the recreational shops around Colorado, so I'm going to go off of what he said.

To grow a good cannabis plant, you're going to need time and energy to devote to making sure its growth doesn't go all to hell. There will be mistakes the first few times, but stick to it. Indoor growing is extremely popular but it's difficult to find a system that isn't too costly, too big, or too low-quality.

You're going to need a LOT of wattage, especially if you're looking to yield dense, high-quality buds. 250W is a starting point, but ideally, you're going to need AT LEAST 400W to cover a square meter of space. If you're looking for something a little smaller, you'll just have to accept lower quality bud (that is, only usable for personal consumption and definitely not suitable for sale).

Would you like to learn more?
>>
>>8510238

>need to keep your curtains closed to thwart snipers

>implying I stay in one place long enough for them to find me

posting from a mcdonalds bathroom, btw
>>
>>8512596
You don't need all that much wattage. The keys to a successful first time grow are genetics and an efficient setup. A decent grower can yield 1 gram per watt of LEDs, and a good one a fair bit more. Even 250 watts (more than enough for most habits), would go unnoticed compared to most TVs, computers, and myrad other things drawing more power.
>>
>>8513183

What kind of set-up would you recommend for someone whose cannabis guy carries high-quality seeds?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.