[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is lobster as good as everybody says?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: lobster.jpg (341KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lobster.jpg
341KB, 500x500px
so is lobster as good as everybody says?
>>
File: Tilbered-deilig-krabbe_large[1].jpg (81KB, 618x355px) Image search: [Google]
Tilbered-deilig-krabbe_large[1].jpg
81KB, 618x355px
I prefer crab. Tastes pretty much the same and also a lot cheaper.
>>
Lobster is a shit meme.
>>
>>8506175
No, crab is superior and much cheaper. The exception to this are things like squat lobsters who iirc aren't even lobsters technically speaking.
>>
>>8506175
No.
>>
>>8506175

Northern Atlantic lobster is the best lobster. Personally I don't like eating ocean cockroaches, but each to their own...
>>
is frozen crab worth it? havent ever eaten or cooked it. what do you eat it with?
>>
>>8506239
Frozen cocktail sauce
>>
Maine Lobster (none of this shit rock lobster bullshit) is one of my favorite things to eat.
Boil in slightly salted water and have at it with some butter. The meat on a toasted bun with butter and lemon juice and a side of chowder is the comfiest meal for me, since I have a father who loved going out to get lobster rolls together.

I've tried grilling, baking, and all sorts of other methods but always return to boiling them.
>>
>>8506175
Lobster is good on its own, buts similar enough to Crab that I can never justify paying for it myself because crab is always on the menu if they have lobster and crab taste better.

I always get lobster if someone else is willing to pay for it though
>>
>>8506175
Not even close to the depth of flavor of fresh caught live Dungeness Crab, the indisputed god of all sea bugs. Lobster has to be drowned in butter or cream to have any flavor at all, whereas it would be sacreligious to tarnish Dungeness like that.
>>
>>8506175

Lobster is one of my favorite foods, and probably would be if it weren't for my love for oysters. The meat is easier to get to than crab, succulent, and a little less sweet than crab.

If you've never had it, you owe it to yourself to try it once. The tomalley is really good too, even though it looks "gross."
>>
>>8506175
Ayah, I've got a family friend named Dickie Blackout who works as a lobstahman and he occasionally supplies us with the fresh stuff. High-tier seafood easily, but nothing that I'd pay through the teeth for if I didn't life in a coastal area. It's 100x better than any fish, though.
>>
File: yliveseafood.jpg (82KB, 730x548px) Image search: [Google]
yliveseafood.jpg
82KB, 730x548px
Lobster is good when Chinese people cook it, but then again Chinese people could make literally anything taste good
>>
>>8506815
Everything is better when you grate some tiger penis on top.
>>
>>8506824
It's rhino horn, pleb
>>
File: mr crab.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mr crab.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
Crab tastes better, and lobster is way overpriced.
>>
>>8506195
>tastes pretty much the same
Fuck off.
I like both but you are in dire need of being able to distinguish.
>>
>>8506232
The best I've ever had is south african, I'm actually serious and not just saying some shit off the top of my head.
>>
>>8506175
Totally depends on how it's prepared, just like any other meat. Just like I'd never eat a well done steak, I'd also never eat basic plain boiled lobster. Lobster can taste fantastic, though, if it's not overcooked.
>>
>>8506579
No, but we do roast Dungeness with a shit ton of garlic, and you know it. Which is delicious, but it's not exactly a "pure" flavor.
Been to any crab feeds this year? I haven't, but there's still some coming up.
>>
>>8506175
It's pretty damn good, but for your money you can do a lot better.
>>
>>8506195
This except crab is better tasting than lobster.
>>
>>8506175
Obvious bait is obvious

But anyway,
>Fucking hell dude, if you want to know, try it
>>
>>8506175
I found lobster to be a bit sweet for what it's used for. That being said, if I'm going to pay a shit ton of money for seafood, I buy either crab or scallops.
>>
>>8506175
Yes. It's overpriced though, and like others I prefer crab a little more.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.