[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spent $49 on all of these items. Good value or no?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 640x1136px
Spent $49 on all of these items. Good value or no?
>>
>>8502538
Not sure, but doesn't seem like it, no. I don't buy much of the same foods you buy, but I'm surprised it costs that much.
Correct me if I'm wrong on these guesses:

• Ritz crackers: two for $3.49/ea
* oats: $2.99
• frozen collards: $1.99
• some kinda bread under the collards?: $1.99
• pumpkin seeds: 1.99¢
* dozen eggs: $1.99
* boneless chicken thighs?: about three pounds at $2.29/lb
* yogurt: $2.99
• frozen bell peppers: 99¢?
* pineapple: $1.99
• memesauce: $1.99
* Bolthouse farms carrot juice?: two at $2.49/ea
I marked the things I actually buy with an asterisk and I'm pretty sure of their prices (in my area, anyway). I looked up the price of RItz crackers at my local supermarket, too, so I'm sure of that price, as well. The rest are pure guesswork.
>>
>>8502538
Why did you post a screenshot of the picture?
>>
Looked a little pricey at first. How much did the chicken cost?
>>
>>8502623
Some things aren't clearly shown in the picture. Sweet potatoes and oranges are underneath the greens, as well as other things like cinnamon.
Anyways here are actual prices

Mango Juices: $1.50 ea
Ritz Crackers: $2.49ea
Oats: $3.79
Frozen Collards: $1.79
Pumpkin seeds: $2.59
18 large eggs: $1.89
Chicken breast: $1.99/lb at 4.60 pounds
Yogurt: $3.79
Frozen Bells: 88 cents
Pineapple: $3.99
Memesauce: $3.79

I'm currently in SW Virginia.

>>8502628
Ran out of space on my phone.

>>8502632
$1.99/lb for a total of $9.15
>>
>>8502736
that adds up to $35.65
>>
>>8502736
Yikes! Memesauce is really expensive in VA, huh? And pineapple, too. Pineapple is usually 99¢/ea in my area, but I guessed that it would be costlier elsewhere which is why I said $1.99. That $3.99 price is just a bit outrageous.
I saw the cinnamon cannister (behind the yogurt) but since I wasn't sure what it was, I couldn't guess as to the price. How much was it?
I guess those are understandable prices when you live in an area like SWVA. There's not that much competition out there, so local supermarkets can generally charge what they want and not worry about losing customers. Where I live, there's one street that has two supermarkets across a parking lot from one another then another supermarket a block away and another one two blocks down from that one and another pair of supermarkets next door to one another yet one more mile down the road and a final one at the end of the street, near a highway on-ramp. And again: that's just one street which is only two miles long. Competition is fucking stiff here, so much so, in fact, that two of those seven supermarkets are part of the same chain. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>8502750
>sweet potatoes and oranges as well as other things like cinnamon
OP didn't list everything. Just adjusted the prices that >>8502623 guessed.
>>
>>8502802
Yeah down here is pretty rural. If it wasn't for the fact that I lived in a Uni town, i'm sure competition would be nearly non existent. Lot of the veggies here are cheap right now since they are locally grown and in season

That's freaking insane man. Where do you live?

Oh and I paid $3.99 for a 6.5 Oz bottle pf cinnamon.
>>
Sliced vegetables are usually alot pricier than raw ones where I live. Sure you need to put more effort but I thinks it's worth it.

Not sure how it is over there for you though?
>>
>>8502855
Philamuhdelphia.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.