[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got one of these things as an Christmas gift. I made my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 714mRP7DiML._SL1200_.jpg (163KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
714mRP7DiML._SL1200_.jpg
163KB, 1200x1200px
So I got one of these things as an Christmas gift. I made my own cider and am currently in the process of fermenting it. Trouble is that I am noticing the yeast is still in the bottle after one week, just sitting at the bottom of the glass jug

Is the yeast eventually supposed to evaporate or is it normal for it to remain? I have never tried doing anything like so so any input would be appreciated
>>
Aaa
>>
>>8499723
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you haven't seen any activity in your airlock? Or are you saying you see a layer of sediment in the bottom of the fermenting vessel? Those are 2 very different things. Explain.
>>
>>8500118
>Or are you saying you see a layer of sediment in the bottom of the fermenting vessel?

This. Airlock has some bubbles but all the yeast is still at the bottom. The first two days all the yeast was bubbling at the top of the jug. The instructions indicated that I had to clean the airlock after two days so I did that; afterwards is when I noticed the yeast sediment fell to the bottom
>>
>>8500144
Are you still getting bubbles? If so fermention is still continuing, if not then it may just be done fermenting, the sediment at the bottom never goes away. To get rid of most of it, once you finish fermentation, then rack it into another clean jug or just something to hold it while you clean the old jug, then put it back in pop the air lock on and wait a week for the sediment to settle again, repeat until you're satisfied with the amount of sediments left.
>>
>>8499723
It's normal for some yeast to settle to the bottom. There's still enough suspended in the liquid for fermentation to continue. If it's still bubbling then it's still fermenting. Eventually it will finish fermenting and all the yeast will settle to the bottom.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.