[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade Frozen Dinner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

What are some homemade frozen dinners/breakfast/lunch/snack whatever that you guys recommend?

Doesn't have to be a full meal, may be a side or just the main.

My plan is to cook large batches and cook with less frequency.
>>
File: swansonmeatloafdinner.jpg (176KB, 509x405px) Image search: [Google]
swansonmeatloafdinner.jpg
176KB, 509x405px
>>8498898

Frozen vegetables are tasty and convenient. That would be about the only frozen item I'd suggest.
>>
frozen burritos. Try to find shredded beef ones and maybe get some hot sauce to go with them.
>>
I used to buy those small banquet kid's size meals because they were only a dollar each, and not too ridiculously high in calories. I would eat them when I was too lazy to make lunch/breakfast.

But I stopped when I noticed that eating them actually made me more hungry later on.
Also they were really low quality. I kept finding bone fragments in my chicken fingers.

If you don't give a flying fuck about calories or your health, those Marie Callender's pot pies are absolutely fucking amazing.. and this is from someone who normally hates pot pies.
I think their other frozen meals are good too, but it's been years since I had them.. but I'll never forget how good those freaking pot pies were.
>>
My wife is a teacher in a small suburb where there's only a DQ and some shitty pizza place that's closed half the time so everyone packs their lunch. On Sundays I make a large dish of her choice and she takes "leftovers" all week. It's usually a slow roasted or crock pot meat with vegetables and a sauce, sometimes noodles dumped on top before the tupperware goes in the fridge depending on the dish.
>>
>>8498905
>Stainless tableware

Why you fancy fucker
>>
>Everyone misses the word "homemade"

Surely a homemade frozen meal is leftovers?
>>
Just google meal prep
>>
>>8498898
Burritos freeze like a champ, just don't make them chipotle sized. Think Taco Bell bean burrito sized

When I was on a diet I would make spaghetti and meatballs with a side of squash and that would be my lunch for the week. Mashed potatoes, two sausages, and broccoli is good too
>>
File: 61311pXeWNL._SL1000_[1].jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61311pXeWNL._SL1000_[1].jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
Invest in one of these.

I cook a month's worth of lunches for work, then vacuum seal and freeze them in my deep freezer.

Chicken/Fish, Rice/potatoes, and some sort of vegetable usually.
>>
I used to buy frozen mac and cheese. I think it's a relatively good candidate for freezing because the texture is so simple it doesn't get fucked up freezing or microwaving. The protein chains in both the pasta and the sauce that hold things together and give a creamy texture are durable.
>>
>>8498898
>homemade frozen dinners

The problem is the different food items cook at different rates in the microwave, so the mashed potatoes will be volcano hot while the turkey will still be cold.
>>
>>8498898
I like an enchilada casserole, stacking the corn tortillas like a lasagna. Bake in a 8x8 pyrex, cut in fourths. Alternate a green salsa shredded chicken, with sour cream, and layers that have black beans, corn, and peppers. Lots of cheese on top, and a pretty good amount of cilantro throughout. Reheats as nice as lasagna or stuffed shells (both of which I recommend).

Mac in cheese reheats nicely if you pack it tightly in a glass dish in single portions. Try adding some onion to your mac in cheese, as well as butternut squash.

13 bean soup with sausage or ham will reheat nicely, and you can tuck rice in the bottom of chili or gumbos to reheat well together. Egg noodles will heat alright underneath paprikash or a thick beef stew.

Pot stickers are fun to make in a huge batch, freeze on a cookie sheet before tossing them into ziplocs. Heat in a skillet frozen, lid on with water for a about 8 minutes, and then crisp up. Doing a tamale filling can be made ahead,and either stuffed into burritos, or served over polenta if you don't like making tamales. Theres a good cuban soup "tamal en cazuela" that's great.

I like to make a "meatloaf" of gyro meat, and slice and serve on top of salads or rice after a quick reheat. Make little meatloaves or meatballs spiced however you wish. Bake before freezing.
>>
I think this is a weird question since you can freeze pretty much any and all foods. Should we instead ask what doesn't freeze well? All I can come up with are certain vegetables, like tomatoes, because the texture is pretty unpleasant when thawed.
>>
>>8502415
>Should we instead ask what doesn't freeze well?
Yeah I think this is the intended question.

To add to that damn potatoes.

I always get terrible mushy potatoes when refrigerated/frozen in a stew.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.