[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Doc said I should stick to fish and poultry for a while >Buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: fullsizephoto248154[1].jpg (96KB, 1500x791px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizephoto248154[1].jpg
96KB, 1500x791px
>Doc said I should stick to fish and poultry for a while
>Buy some cheap flounder fillets
>Never cooked fish before, how hard can it be?
>Try seasoning and searing on medium high
>Shit falls apart
>Turn heat on high for second fillet
>Shit's too crunchy
>Turn heat somewhere in the middle for another
>Crunchy edges, falling apart in the middle

How do I fry a fucking fish.
>>
>>8497998
fish love to swim, so make sure to use enough oil
>>
For white fish like flounder, bread and shallow-fry or deep-fry.
>>
>>8498020
Is there any way to do it without breading? I'm supposed to avoid carbs.
>>
>>8498054
Best bake it otherwise
>>
>>8498054
baking is the sane option, you can bread it in soy lecitin if you need it
>>
>>8498054
Steam it.

Sprinkle a bit of salt and white pepper, rest two halves of a lemon on it. Throw some thyme and marjoram on the steaming water.
>>
>>8498054
Get a sous vide machine.
>>
>>8497998
it will fall apart to some extent,
Use oliveoil and butter, set it inside, let it cook until ist 70% done, flip it once, then let it sit for another 2-3 min, and then youre ready to go.
(medium-high heat all the way)
Also get salmon, best fucking fish by far, fuck tuna, tasts like shite against samlon.
>>
just skip the rice step
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-stuffed-flounder-recipe.html
>>
Where I'm from, flounder is either deep-fried, steamed or this other thing that I don't know the word for in English. In lieu of deep-frying, I'd guess that other thing I don't know the word for in English would be perfect for what you wanna do since, unlike steaming, it has a little fat/oil, which makes it taste great. As with many things, just remember to KISS it: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Starch the fillet. Should take only 1-2tbsp of seasoned plain flour or cornflour/cornstarch.

Place a little bit of oil to a cold pan, just enough to barely coat the pan bottom.

Heat it with a small piece of stale bread until the bread turns golden then add the floured flounder.

Cook just until the fish releases from the pan bottom then flip and QUICKLY add the juice of a lemon (or a quarter cup of vinegar) and a large handful of cut up flat parsley then lid the pan and off the heat.

Allow to rest in its own residual heat a few minutes, then remove and eat. If desired, reduce the liquids left in the pan a tad before drizzling over the fish on the serving plate. You may choose to add salted-and-washed shallot slices before you reduce.

What is this technique called in English? Is this "poaching?"

A similar dish using the same technique adds water rather than lemon juice and instead dresses the plated fish fillets with fresh parsley and pours over warm vinegar in which sliced shallots/onions and chillies (and/or bell peppers) have been simmered.

I think it should be noted, this is only done with fresh flounder and not frozen. I think flounder is one of those fish which, when frozen, its texture is altogether ruined and it will turn mushy no matter what you do. If it's frozen flounder, I highly recommend you use it to make fishballs. If that interests you, lemme know and I'll tell you how.

Hope this helps.
>>
Flounder is literally the worst fish you could have started with. It's a salt water bottom feeder and you can taste it with every bite. Most people absolutely despise flounder. You're better off sticking to tilapia or salmon
>>
>>8498054
Raaaaaw
>>
>Buy trout fillet
>preheat pan
>butter into the pan
>salt and pepper the fish while keeping the skin
>put fish in
>never turn it
>use a spoon to take the molten butter and put it on top of the fish

Best fish ever
>>
>>8498376
Really good quality salmon is god tier, but too many people are used to shitty atlantic salmon or farmed bullshit. Anyone having super fresh wild-caught west coast Sockeye for the first time will be blown away.

>>8499515
For delicate fish this is one of the best cooking methods. Cook it 90-100% skin side down, basting it with your cooking fat to cook the top. Very little chance of it breaking up, and you get delicately cooked flesh as well as crispy skin.

Slow-roasting at a low oven temperature can also be great, but imo the best cooking technique for delicate fish is for sure poaching, whether in court bouillon or butter or whatever.
>>
>>8498054

Just bake it dude. Salt, pepper, olive oil, into the fucking oven it goes that wasn't so hard was it?
>>
>>8500480

This. Vancouverfag here (BC not WA). Fresh caught Sockeye is just incredible. Honestly I would probably have it over any meat including beef.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.