[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible to not be able to cook?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1484883118683.webm (209KB, 838x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484883118683.webm
209KB, 838x720px
How can people just not cook, like at all?

All you have to do is get meat, season it a little, and put it on a hot stove until it browns nicely. Take meat out, turn the heat down a little add some butter and then whatever salt n peppered veggie you might want.

You can do this with pretty much any cut of meat and any fucking vegetable.

If you get "good", you can do things like not crowding your pan by putting a little less stuff in it at once so your shit gets crispier.

I really don't understand how some people can't do basic shit like this.
>>
>>8494131
I can't cook at all. Grew up with little to no exposure to cooking. I'm gonna go through those steps from my perspective
>get meat
This is actually pretty okay, assuming it doesn't involve cutting, and preferably no bones either
>season it a little
With what? I mean, I know salt goes on damn near everything. There's a ton of (incidentally very pricy) spice bottles at most grocery stores, and I haven't the foggiest what's worth using. Also not sure what 'a little' would be. I can guess at the quantity without anything too awful happening I guess
>put it on a hot stove
In what sort of container? I also have a fear of anything I could burn myself on, but I've been working on that and with oven mitts I should be okay
>until it browns nicely
I can't do more than assume that all browns are equally nice, and take it out when it's some kind of brown
>Take meat out
Okay I've got this one at least
>Turn the heat down a little
Oh fuck I forgot temperature was a factor. How hot was I supposed to be cooking the meat? And how much is a little?
>Add butter and whatever salt n peppered veggie you want
I can do this. Not sure when it'll be good to take out though. Also a little unsure as to how to get the salt and pepper to stay on the veggies instead of falling off
Granted some of these problems can be solved with a more specific recipe, but I'm sure it's not hard to imagine someone like me fucking some part of it up
>>
>>8494179
All of those problems get solved after fucking up until you understand what you're doing wrong.

>how do I know when to take things out
How about you fucking taste it
>>
File: 1451926486736.jpg (902KB, 1300x1733px) Image search: [Google]
1451926486736.jpg
902KB, 1300x1733px
>>8494179
>container
>>
>>8494203
>Just eat this burning hot thing to decide if it's done
Yeah that's a great plan. That or I leave it out to cool, which seems even sillier. Or I leave a little piece to cool, but by the time I can eat it it won't be representative of the rest, which has still been cooking
>All of those problems get solved after fucking up until you understand what you're doing wrong.
That's probably true, but as someone with no experience it'll take a while for that to pan out
Hopefully I'll get there
>>8494214
All of them have different names and I don't know what I'm after so I'm stuck with the generic term, don't know what you were expecting
>>
>>8494179
it doesnt matter if you just cook it very long time and eat it with ketchup
>>
>>8494219
Bro I think you might just have severe autism. Don't worry about cooking the government will give you autismbux every month to buy tendies like my younger brother literally does.
>>
>>8494223
At that point I might as well do what the other anon suggested and make tendies
>>8494228
I'm pretty sure I do, and I get non-autism related NEETbux, but that doesn't mean I can't learn to cook... eventually
>>
>>8494240
>go to the store
>look at what's on sale
>pork shoulder, chicken thighs
>pick one
>pick vegetable
>green beans, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus
>pick one or two
>grab pre packaged salad kit
>grab rice
>grab garlic, onion, lemon, canned tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, cumin, rosemary, and thyme
>google chicken thigh recipe
>google green bean recipe
>done
Cooking decently enough at home is easy if youre willing to spend 2 minutes choosing a recipe online.
>>
>>8494260
So am I just subbing in whatever spices and such are in the recipe for what I have, or do I dig for one that matches?
>>
>>8494266

Sub for what you have or exclude it. You'll develope an understanding for what spices do to different dishes with practice.

Spices tend to last a while too. As you practice you'll have a collection of the basics you know you'll like.
>>
>>8494279
That sounds like the way to go, thanks anon
Hopefully I don't fuck it up too bad
>>
>>8494179
>In what sort of container?

I lol'd, 10/10 would lol again
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.