[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dried Chilis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: dried chili.jpg (135KB, 892x882px) Image search: [Google]
dried chili.jpg
135KB, 892x882px
How do you use them in cooking? Can you make your own chili powder? What ratios do you use? Any thing else I can use them for besides making chili?
>>
I use dried ancho for chili. Blend it in a processor with the stems off. I add the other seasonings and a bit of chicken stock to make a chili paste
>>
>>8491895
>dried chili chart
>only has a few chilis from Mexico
What is it with hipsters and bad charts?
>>
>>8492132
Make your own chart.
>>
>Can you make your own chili powder?
Yes. It's not hard. All you need to do is remove the seeds from the dried pods and put them in a food processor or use a mortar and pestle.

Although I usually don't use chili powder to make things. For a couple of years, I've lived in New Mexico, and people seem to either make chili sauce out of powder, or by boiling the pods (it's an easy procedure: boil the chili pods until they're soft, then put them in a blender and add enough of the water so that the texture is right). I was taught the boiling method, so I usually do that. I also don't know shit about chili ratios because all anyone uses near me is New Mexican red chilis; .

>Any thing else I can use them for besides making chili?
Pretty much anything Mexican-ish. And as a topping for dishes you think they'd work with. Mot people here just make up a big batch and use it on everything until they run out.
>>
>>8492163
remove stems and seeds.
toast on a comal or cast iron skillet (though, I've found 15 seconds or so in the microwave does a good job). soak in water or stock until soft. Blend.
>>
I have previously-dried chilis fermenting into chili sauce right now!
>>
>>8492256
if you are the anon that started the fermented peppers/hot sauce thread back in the fall, you should make more threads about that and your work
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.