[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My spices are currently just thrown in the pantry with no regard.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: spice rack.jpg (126KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
spice rack.jpg
126KB, 1200x1200px
My spices are currently just thrown in the pantry with no regard. Spice racks online seem to be either ugly/boring, only fit MAX 20 spice bottles, weirdly-shaped so you're forced to use only the spices that come with it, or else $250 with "free" spices for 5 years.

I need at least 50 spots and I want my rack to not look like ass.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: deli containers.jpg (65KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
deli containers.jpg
65KB, 1000x1000px
out of the way, best pantry organization solution coming through.
>>
>>8489008
I assume you stack them?
So if you want something from the bottom of the stack, you have to take out the whole stack.
Plus:
>Plastic

I'm "upcycling" various glass containers, and just make a giant mess by having them
>just thrown in the pantry with no regard
like OP.
Some are stacked too. For this, I prefer small "caviar" glasses.
>>
File: spices.jpg (451KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
spices.jpg
451KB, 2448x3264px
>>8489044
>you have to take out the whole stack.

what are you some kind of weakling? they're spices.you just take out the stack and put it back in your cupboard.
>>
Buy some board and make one yourself
It's not rocket surgery
>>
>>8489067
What's the top-left one? The one that says "pink..."
>>
>>8489044
yeah I blend some of my own stuff & have it in random containers. If it were organized it'd look hipster-chic, but it looks like ass all thrown in my pantry. I also wouldn't mind a rack that came with a few jars because I'd like either all or none to be in glass/steel. I hate the tacky NO SALT label on red plastic next to my stainless steel chalk-label taco mix.

My current system is the little "spice stairs" that just lift the back ones a bit higher so they can be seen. But I don't have enough room so shit's double-stacked, and I knock over 5 front-row spices every time I try to grab a back-row spice.

If you guys can't recommend anything cheaper I might have to break down and spend $250 damn dollars on a cherrywood 60-spice rack.
>>
>>8489073
That's probably a good idea.... I need a better drill though.
>>
>>8489067
Hey Za'atar is one of my favorite restaurants. I didn't know it was a spice.

My cabinets are pretty full so I'm looking for a counter-top or wall display. Your system is about equal in effectiveness to my current system, but I wouldn't want it out on the counter all the time.
>>
I use magnetic jars with see-through lids and keep my spices on my fridge door.

I would guess you can glue some magnets to just about any container you'd like and do the same. Old baby food jars. Small, double-lidded tea tins. Jam jars. Etc etc etc.

Having them this way has decluttered by cabinets and drawers and freed up a lot of counter space.

>>8489081
Looks like peppercorn.

>>8489008
I use plastic deli, Chinese take-away containers and pickle jars for leftovers. Why buy plastic storageware when just about everyone gives them away for free, right?
>>
>>8489097
That sounds like you just moved the clutter to your fridge door.

Post pic. It must look like a mess.
>>
>>8489106
You'll have to wait until later in the day, but I will try to remember to do so. I don't think it's cluttered, but you might disagree. At the very least, it's making use of otherwise unusable space, freeing up counter and pantry space for other things, which is nice.
>>
>>8489097

can confirm. Pink peppercorns (too many ottolenghi recipes).

I use the ones i get for free but I find that it's not enough. I also cook with a lot of spices and make stock/ice cream/pasta sauce in batches and freeze them so i use a lot of containers (they're also great for storing wine in the freezer for cooking--it turns to scoopable slush)
>>
File: muh spices 201701201720.jpg (757KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
muh spices 201701201720.jpg
757KB, 2240x1344px
>>8489136
I freeze liquids in them, too, but I remove the things I've frozen and put the solid pucks into sandwich baggies and put them back into the freezer so that I can still use the containers for leftovers as necessary.
Right now, I've got pumpkin sauce, carrot juice, "green stock," chicken stock and some others.
I don't freeze wine only because I always have a bottle or two of wine in the house, so it's not necessary to freeze.

>>8489118
>>8489106
Pic related. I don't think it's cluttered, but you may disagree.
>>
>>8489947

It doesn't really look bad but I'm slightly triggered. You should bolt a piece of sheet metal to the inside of a cabinet or two and put them there.
>>
>>8488998
>My spices are currently just thrown in the pantry with no regard. Spice racks online seem to be either ugly/boring, only fit MAX 20 spice bottles, weirdly-shaped so you're forced to use only the spices that come with it, or else $250 with "free" spices for 5 years.
>I need at least 50 spots and I want my rack to not look like ass.
Why do you want a rack? These things should ideally be in the dark, in their original packaging, and not on display. What is this? A 1950s kitchen? A magazine spread?

Look at dean and deluca for metal tins, just tack em up to a magnetic board if you want to "display" them. Most good kitchens manufacturers will have a spice drawer insert you can use if you want to stick labels on the caps, but for me? I don't want to decant my hungarian paprika into some glass bottle, or or some forced sized container. I'm sure there will be some spices you buy bulk for which your glass jars will make more sense for more long term storage, but should they be clear or dark brown or simply a metal tin is common sense. You want something that you grab quickly, that isn't you lifting and turning a bunch of round things over and over. Don't be so OCD. Spend your time on something else more important.
>>
>>8489088
>Hey Za'atar is one of my favorite restaurants. I didn't know it was a spice.
It's a spice blend that features heavily thyme, rock salt, other stuff, but mostly lemony-tasting sumac.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.