[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turkey-based chili

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: turkey-chili-method-3.jpg (37KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
turkey-chili-method-3.jpg
37KB, 800x533px
Is it worth making vs beef?
>>
File: 437_0.jpg (36KB, 460x290px)
437_0.jpg
36KB, 460x290px
white chili is a fun alternative
>>
>>8485967
Not really. If you're doing it for health reasons, just skip the meat entirely, because ground turkey is dry as fuck without some fat, and if you're adding animal fat to turkey chili you might as well just be using beef.
>>
>>8486954
If you use dark meat from thigh or legs there's a fair amount of fat.
>>
>>8487014
Yeah like on your mama lol xD
>>
>>8487014
the lack of fat in the white meat is a significant factor in turkey chili being healthier
>>
File: gtfo nigger.jpg (84KB, 466x400px)
gtfo nigger.jpg
84KB, 466x400px
>>8485978
everything is better when it is only white
>>
>>8487025
>the lack of fat in the white meat is a significant factor in turkey chili being dry and tasteless

ftfy
>>
>>8485967

>beans

You're not making chili.
>>
>>8487068
>retarded comment

You're not smart or funny.
>>
>>8485978
this or green chili
>>
>>8485967
I do turkey chili but with ground turkey, not like in your pic. Because the flavor of the chili is dominated by the seasonings, it doesn't really matter much if you replace one bland meat with another and you get the same texture if you use ground turkey.
>>
>>8487066
You can make chili with lean, trimmed, sirloin and the fat content is about the same.

>>8487068
Not San Antonio style chili, but outside of Texas no one really cares. The traditional prohibition is about cooking beans and chili together, not serving them together. New Mexico red and green chile have been around longer than the SA style, and they often contain beans or hominy.

>>8485967
SahagĂșn described various chile dishes in New Spain, including frog, lobster, and you guessed it, turkey.
>>
Didn't have any beans so I instead made a spicy turkey meat sauce for spaghetti that came out absolutely incredible. One of those dishes where you start laughing while eating it because it was so surprisingly delicious and you really did not expect it to be. Came out perfectly balanced. I am happy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.