[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to state one time clearly that BBQ sauce always needs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
I want to state one time clearly that BBQ sauce always needs to bee cooked onto the meat and never dipped into at the table.
Guys this is important stuff here.
BBQ sauce is a "glaze" and was never meant to be a dipping sauce.
Do some experimentation here, you will find Im right.
America has gone horribly off track.
>>
Since no one posted a rebuttal in a timely manner, this thread is now closed and the matter resolved.
I forbid any further posting.
>>
Ok
>>
>>8485889

I don't allow barbecue sauce when I smoke meat. I spend an entire day and night preparing for a smoke and get my rub just right. It is delicious and perfect. The meat is brined so there's juiciness and extra taste. It is spritzed with a tasty mixture. It is smoked until I feel it is ready.

If people just want to pour sugar sludge on food they can fuck off and I'll microwave them some chicken tenders.
>>
File: DSC07249.jpg (542KB, 1200x675px)
DSC07249.jpg
542KB, 1200x675px
>>8486739
Then we are allies.
I would never put raw glaze on your slow cooked masterpiece.
I do however enjoy grilled meat that is finished with a nice BBQ glaze.
>>
I agree, with two exceptions:
1.) leftovers don't always, but sometimes may, need sauce
2.) depending on various circumstances, a sandwich (pulled pork for example) might be better with sauce
>>
>>8485889
I agree. Also, most BBQ sauce in stores is sickly sweet and does nothing for what it was originally intended.
Smoke some tomatoes, onion, garlic, bell and chili peppers while starting the meat smoking. Blend with herbs, molasses, vinegar, salt, and adjust with water if needed. You now have sauce to apply to your meat through the rest of the smoking process.
However, if you're talking about fried chicken tenders or some other bullshit someone pulls out of the freezer and tosses into a deep fryer or oven, who gives a fuck?
>>
File: sand rail-leftfront_1024.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sand rail-leftfront_1024.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
>>8487179

Nobody is going to go thru all the hassle of making their own shitty meme BBQ sauce, when there are literally a bazillion brands of BBQ sauce of every conceivable flavor on the market.
>>
>>8487317
Most BBQ sauce in grocery stores don't help cut through the fat, totally lack balance, and overpower instead of compliment the meat. It's not a lot of hassle to prep some veg, toss it in a perforated pan, then toss it in a blender with some other stuff, especially if you're one of those who likes to baby their meats as they BBQ, as I do.
It's also one of those things that you could make a large batch of and freeze, as many do around here.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.