[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cornbread supposed to be sweet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: cornbread.jpg (337KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
cornbread.jpg
337KB, 2048x1536px
Is cornbread supposed to be sweet?
>>
Cornbread "styles" vary from region to region, city to city, even between branches of the same family.

Make it how you want.
If you don't like a preparation from a restaurant, don't get it anymore.
If you hate your nearly-dead grannie's cornbread, just grin and bear it until she croaks, jerk.
>>
Yes, it's made from creamed sweet corn and ground dent corn.
>>
>>8483967
A little, yes, but you don't want it tasting like a cake; don't add too much (if any) sugar
>>
My dad always taught me to add about 2 tbs of sugar, a touch of honey, and about a tbs or two of butter to one of those blue box Jiffy mixes (pleb tier i know but fak off).
It comes out very lightly sweet, but not so much so i couldn't spoon it up with chili.
Its also good the day after in a bowl of warm milk and eaten like cereal
>>
>>8483967
No.
>>
corn cake > corn bread
>>
Salty cornbread>sweetcornbread
>>
>>8483967
Nah man, buttery.
>>
>>8484034
>>8484090
These. No sugar added. Just lots of butter.
>>
>>8484095
You don't have to add sugar since it's made with SWEET corn for it to be sweet, but all the good recipes do since it enhances the flavor of the corn.
>>
Not until you put honey on it
>>
Do add sugar. Not enough to make it sweet.
>>
NEIN
>>
wheat is nutritionally superior to corn, for one, it has much more protein. forget corn.
>>
>>8484212
>much
not really, you have to make the protein in wheat
and the more protein you make, the chewier (less appetizing) it is
>>
>>8483967
No. Cornbread is not dessert.
>>
>>8484030
It's pretty shit but the jiffy stuff is hella convenient. Just needs an egg.

Fuck it's like 4AM and now I'm craving shitty corn muffins
>>
>>8484228
>you have to make the protein in wheat
WTF are you talking about? Kneading doesn't change total protein content, you're just clumping smaller protein molecules together into bigger ones. It all gets digested to the same amino acids.
>>
File: an_ch.jpg (29KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
an_ch.jpg
29KB, 720x480px
>>8484245
>That one time I was hanging at a friend's place
>They picked up cornbread instead of cake to go with ice cream
>>
>>8485371
add gravy for protein
>>
>>8483967
Slightly, yes, but never sweet enough to actually BE sweet. You're just supposed to catch a hint of sweetness.
>>
>>8483967
I like it much better savory but frankly southerners put tons of sugar in fucking everything, so most "authentic" cornbread is basically candy yeah.
>>
>>8484212
Enjoy your diabetes, corn has significantly less carbohydrates, as well as less calories and fat
>>
>>8487352
Could you post your sources? I'm only finding stuff that says the complete opposite.
>>
>>8487363
www.livestrong.com/article/443552-nutritional-value-of-wheat-vs-corn/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.