[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking Motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 154346_640x428.jpg (67KB, 642x428px) Image search: [Google]
154346_640x428.jpg
67KB, 642x428px
What's your personal motivation to develop your cooking skills? Mines have diminished lately and I find myself making simple meals like omelettes, baked potatoes, sandwiches, porridge and microwaved vegetable dinners with plainly seasoned meat.
>>
>>8479724
>personal motivation to develop your cooking skills?
because i haven't had anyone coo for me for most of the last two or three years and that is probably not going to change for some time anyways. so if i don't want to eat the same crap every day, i have to expand my skills. may also be useful if i do get a date again someday
>>
>What's your personal motivation to develop your cooking skills?
My dad is a very good cook, and when I was growing up, he made it clear that cooking was a necessary skill and that being good at it was worthwhile. I don't regard it as a novelty like a lot people my age seem to.
>>
>>8479724
I can't digest meat properly because of my Crohn's so I have to work harder to get good meals. I thoroughly enjoy it now.
>>
>>8479724
>your personal
Long term and constantly renewed taste bud masturbation.
>>
>>8479724
Economic, really, I could eat garbage frozen and instant food or fast food, but I'd prefer to eat something cheaper, healthier and tastier. Plus, living in a small town, it's the only way to reliably have the dishes I like the most on demand.
>>
I really enjoy baking. That sort of just filters through to whatever else I make.
>>
my folks were good cooks and they hammered into me a stiff-necked, mossbacked New England Yankee pride in being able to provide for oneself in all ways. eating out was for fancy folks and the lazy and ignorant good for nothings. if you wsnted to eat bread or have a slice of cake in our house then by God you would bake it yourself because only a simp would buy those things from a store and get ripped off. same thing for house repairs, car repairs, mending our clothes and toys and etc.

so yeah, i cook, and i have issues
>>
my bf doesn't badger me about getting a job if i have nice things ready for him when he gets home from work :^)
>>
>>8479724
>What's your personal motivation to develop your cooking skills?

It started with cost savings. I was doing my budget one day and realized that I was spending a lot of money on honestly shitty food (mostly fast food and cheap restaurants), so I started cooking for myself to address that problem.

Then later as I got more experienced with it it became a hobby that I enjoy. I find it's a nice way to unwind after a day of work since it's completely different from the work I do.
>>
I want to eat well if I live on my own or be able to cook for people
>>
>what's your personal motivation to develop your cooking skills?
I'm not a lazy nigger that's okay with settling for horrible tasting premade garbage meals or fast food. Cooking is a basic life skill.
>>
>>8479724
cuz mufuckin white people dont wash dey handz
>>
I'm climbing to the top in the food industry so i'm expected to have refined cooking skills.

Hopefully i'll wear the skillcape someday.
>>
>>8479996
Your folks seem cool people
>>
>>8480007
Don't forget the bee jays
>>
>>8479724
Food taste good.
Better food tastes better.
No need to get metaphysical about it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.