[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brisket/BBQ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: icame.jpg (397KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
icame.jpg
397KB, 1500x1125px
Post preparation techniques, rubs, and recipes.
>>
>>8478551
brown sugar, salt, pepper.
>>
AWWW FUCK ME

F U C K M E
U
C
K
M
E
>>
I like to smoke mine over charcoal and apple wood chips. It tastes delicious, and if you can get it to stay a bit cooler and smoke for like 6 hours its incredible
>>
>>8478705
>6 hours
I think you meant 16 hours, the actual MINIMUM for brisket
>>
>>8478705
can you smoke meat during summer? My dad keeps insisting that you can't because it's too hot outside so the meat will go bad.
>>
>>8478717
This
h
i
s
>>
>>8478723

You can smoke meat any time of the year.

The temperature inside the smoker has nothing to do with the temperature outside.

not to mention:
1) meat doesn't go bad that fast
2) smoke is a preservative and contains chemicals that outright kill bacteria. That's why smoking meat was invented in the first place--it preserves the meat, preventing it from going bad during the days before the invention of the refrigerator.
>>
>>8478705

Isn't smoke from black charcoal cancerous?
>>
>>8478828
If you eat charcoal-smoked items every single day, probably.

Once it a while it's probably fine.
>>
>>8478828

Charcoal (made from wood) doesn't produce smoke. When you "smoke" with charcoal the charcoal is just there for heat. The smoke comes from wood chips (or another wood product) added to the fire.

Actual coal (dug out of the ground) does produce smoke, but nobody uses it for food because it tastes foul and can be toxic.

Wood smoke can produce some toxic compounds but that depends on the temperature of the fire.
>>
>>8478602
Dont you dare put sugar on a brisket.
>>
Trim brisket. Make salt and pepper brine. Put it all in slow cooker. Take out when done. Dry. Coat it in dry rub of choice. Bbq to get bark.
>>
>>8478551
I have literally never had good brisket.

I don't really like burnt ends desu. Flavor is good but it's always just like eating a tire. Even from the supposedly good restaurants, their brisket is always a tired, dried out hunk of shit that never looks like OP's photo.

How do I get the real thing?
>>
>>8479101
I DO WHAT I WANT YOU SON OF A BITCH!
>>
>>8478838
depends on the temp mostly.
generally mesquite isn't a wood you want to smoke with because if your fire gets high it will produce carcinogenic compounds more readily than say white oak or apple. oak is my standard for ribs and brisket. apple for shoulder and chickens.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.